UFC 220 [1/20] "Predator Or Prey" (Francis Ngannou/Stipe Miocic, Volkan Oezdemir/Daniel Cormier)

Who Leaves As Champ Saturday Night?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
idk breh. when cain dominated JDS in their fight that went to decision i was far more entertained than what stipe did tonight.
That fight in a nutshell
10104034.jpg

the entire fight was JDS being pressed on the fence while Cain punched and leaned on him

e001

Superstar
Daps
Stipe is the HW Weidman, both are/were lucky frauds.

You Win Perfect

bow down
Daps

You know what's hilarious and :scust: I heard joe Rogan in a previous fight that night say stats don't matter if you don't do damage. Look at his face compared to the other guys face, yeah he landed more and threw more but who did more damage?
Then turn around the next fight and completely ignore how busted stipe face looked and boasted about the STATS

And it's not just Rogan but when you want to show bias that's the route a lot of fanboys take

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You know what's hilarious and :scust: I heard joe Rogan in a previous fight that night say stats don't matter if you don't do damage. Look at his face compared to the other guys face, yeah he landed more and three more but who did more damage?
Then turn around the next fight and completely ignore how busted stipe face looked and boasted about the STATS
rogan clearly on that :mjpls: just look at some of the guests he has on his podcast and praises highly.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Dude just stop the blatant bias. Stipe is supposed to be the best ever heavyweight that outclasses his opponents. Yet I saw a struggle fest against a dude with supposedly a lot less skill AND experience than him.

Ngannou was garbage had no gas tank or ground game.
Stipe was garbage had no gas tank or ground game. :laff: how you get all those easy take downs and no blood is leaking from ngannou? No submission no ground n pound. fukkin trash
who said this ever? :russ: if anything people been waiting on miocic to lose for over a year

he outclasses a guy like Francis because Francis doesn't even know how to sprawl :dead: you don't ball up a guy his size and that athletic for 4 rounds. And taking dudes down to open them up has never been his thing anyways. His backup backup skills trumped Francis' basic knowledge of TDD and even how to get up through a smaller opponent.

I don't even think I've complimented Stipe's ground game outside of the fact that his goal was to drain Francis and he did exactly that. shyt, Stipe hasn't done this much work on the ground since I think before the Mark Hunt fight.

Both these guys fought an ugly fight, but I don't think its particularly damning of either of them career wise

edit: i also had francis winning in the first :mjlol: but im bias :mjlol:

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Ngannou's corner failed him. The english translation was choppy but from what we were hearing, no adjustments or even acknowledging that Miocic was going for take downs if Ngannou kept with the head hunting wild swings that left his body exposed (and himself gassed).. Just the same generic "you gotta dig deep! Use your jab! You can do this! Open your eyes, look at me! Dig deep!"

Sheesh.

Speaks to the larger issue that the corner was as much deer in headlights as Ngannou was that Miocic would take the fight to the ground.

Breh got a chin though, and a lot of toughness. Miocic seemed shook of dude and just wanted to play it as safe as possible

THEREALBRAND

Eterno Menino
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Eu Sou O Segundo
Damn the anger in here is unusually strong, how many of yall lost your house betting on this fight?

nikkas in here talking like this was their first time watching a UFC HW fight or something lol. Every fight in this divison plays out like this if it makes it past the first round

I actually would take Stipe in that fight.

Much better striker and has the power to KO Cain. He's also the one HW with a gas tank near Cain's level.

I thought people would learn not to underestimate him after that Reem KO

3rd title defense at HW is historically unlucky and Stipe was fighting the guy with the most KO power on the planet. Had a punchers chance at least :manny:
You would think this was a controversial decision or stoppage with how angry some people are.

Dudes mad just to be mad :mjlol:

aceboon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Dana threw Francis under the bus on the postfight show, said he took off to France 2 weeks ago and nobody knew what was going on. His trainer and gym is in France, why would anybody be shocked that he wrapped up camp there? Dude needs to add a wrestling/grappling coach to his team tho, both Dewey Cooper and the dude with the weird ass haircut tonight are both striking coaches.

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ngannou's corner failed him. The english translation was choppy but from what we were hearing, no adjustments or even acknowledging that Miocic was going for take downs if Ngannou kept with the head hunting wild swings that left his body exposed (and himself gassed).. Just the same generic "you gotta dig deep! Use your jab! You can do this! Open your eyes, look at me! Dig deep!"

Sheesh.

Speaks to the larger issue that the corner was as much deer in headlights as Ngannou was that Miocic would take the fight to the ground.

Breh got a chin though, and a lot of toughness. Miocic seemed shook of dude and just wanted to play it as safe as possible
His corner didn't fail him, you can tell he has no grappling or ground experience

His only shot was in the first and only the first

Lucky for him with another couple of wins a year from now he'll probably get another title chance in this crappy div