UFC 220 [1/20] "Predator Or Prey" (Francis Ngannou/Stipe Miocic, Volkan Oezdemir/Daniel Cormier)

Who Leaves As Champ Saturday Night?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Other than some undercard from 192, the DC and almeida/font fights last night was forgettable. Like i said before UFC did a masterful job selling that HW fight as something special. Dont know why stipe would be hurt by the promotion though. You cant be nonchalant about interviews/ playing the game and then feel slighted that the UFC are using the sexier style fighter to sell the fight when deep down you know you have more ways to win and in the end if everything works out this might do the most buys of your career.

Was surprised how stiff volkan was, dude has no head movement and leads with his chin. Got outstruck by corm and was already gassing by the 1st:heh:. Seems like a shytier version of glover 220 shouldve been called hype trains derailed
bunch of pillow hand strikes :francis:

honestly this fight exposed stipe just as much as francis. stipe could easily be subbed. maybe he should fight werdum again. :jbhmm:
its why (apart from his horrible interviews) he doesnt have a following outside of ohio despite his KOs. Its like he wins fights but you sometimes feel its more his opponent shyting the bed than him being head and shoulders the best. Perfect example was the overeem and werdum fights.

This fight didnt really tell us anything we didnt already know about francis, henrique and blades took him down easily and kept him down for significant time which was telling. Just because of the hamilton sub i was never sold on his ground. I just think stipe didnt do himself any favours by just neutralizing to a d rather than att to finish him

Last edited:

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
If I already stayed up for the Spence fight I thought I warch this too.

I shouldn’t have :dead:
That was an atrocity

I know that not every MMA fights are like this but damn...

what was the situation with that crowd?
Was this some exception or they always go that light on fights like this, no boos and nothing.
In boxing they would have been booed the fukk out of that building after/during a fight like that :heh:

Also if Miocic was some local Golden Gloves winner so has a solid boxing background why the hell didn’t he beat Ngannou up standing, why he had to sit on him and arm punching his head on the ground for 5 rounds straight?

Anyway...
you just had your version of Wlad vs Povetkin :mjlol:
We know the feeling...

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
If I already stayed up for the Spence fight I thought I warch this too.

I shouldn’t have :dead:
That was an atrocity

I know that not every MMA fights are like this but damn...

what was the situation with that crowd?
Was this some exception or they always go that light on fights like this, no boos and nothing.
In boxing they would have been booed the fukk out of that building after/during a fight like that :heh:

Also if Miocic was some local Golden Gloves winner so has a solid boxing background why the hell didn’t he beat Ngannou up standing, why he had to sit on him and arm punching his head on the ground for 5 rounds straight?

Anyway...
you just had your version of Wlad vs Povetkin :mjlol:
We know the feeling...
Thing is if he has the wrestling and the tools to take it into his domain where francis has no chance he's gotta do it. It ain't pretty but its effective at sapping someone's energy. That shyt tires you like out badly

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
Hope Francis learns from this. And hopefully he gets better training. I heard he just fukks around at that performance center. His coaches looked and sounded clueless. Those idiots didn’t even ice him down in between rounds

Ngannou's corner failed him. The english translation was choppy but from what we were hearing, no adjustments or even acknowledging that Miocic was going for take downs if Ngannou kept with the head hunting wild swings that left his body exposed (and himself gassed).. Just the same generic "you gotta dig deep! Use your jab! You can do this! Open your eyes, look at me! Dig deep!"

Sheesh.

Speaks to the larger issue that the corner was as much deer in headlights as Ngannou was that Miocic would take the fight to the ground.

Breh got a chin though, and a lot of toughness. Miocic seemed shook of dude and just wanted to play it as safe as possible
Translation was super sloppy. They didn't even translate half of what was being said.
Corner emphasized on the basics (jab-straight, jab uppercut against tds) and Francis to keep his distance but man was way too exhausted to do shyt. At the end of the 2nd, they clearly told him he lost the first 2 and that he had to amp up things but he didn't do shyt. Againt TDs, they told him to use the uppercut (or the threat of it) or go for the guillotine (which he did in the 4th if I recall) but he was super sloppy. At the end of the 4th, they told him to let his hands go and forget the exhaustion and Francis didn't do anything worthy. It's an humbling loss fortunately and hopefully dude becomes smarter in his fighting and pace himself better (dude was wild af in the first two rounds, it was ridiculous) and comes in lighter for his next fight because he was far too heavy imo. I hope man will also improve his defense because it was horrendous, hands down eating jabs and straights all night.

ndthentherewasx

El Capitan
Daps
Reppin
Tejas, Texas Sur
Cain somewhere chomping at the bit right now, neither of these guys would survive a healthy Cain.

That guy doesn't exist anymore man. I'm rooting for him but :francis:

Cacs are in heaven right now :beli:

Almost feels like Francis was a hype job made to keep the fan base happy

They made this fight asap, he just fought in December :what:

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You know what's hilarious and :scust: I heard joe Rogan in a previous fight that night say stats don't matter if you don't do damage. Look at his face compared to the other guys face, yeah he landed more and threw more but who did more damage?
Then turn around the next fight and completely ignore how busted stipe face looked and boasted about the STATS

And it's not just Rogan but when you want to show bias that's the route a lot of fanboys take
Wth are you arguing ? Are you in anyway saying Francis won the fight ??? He was completely dominated and kept on the ground like a amateur .
bunch of pillow hand strikes :francis:

honestly this fight exposed stipe just as much as francis. stipe could easily be subbed. maybe he should fight werdum again. :jbhmm:
wow now stipe is a pillow hands?? Those KOs he got mean nothing now ?

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
the hypocrisy of rogan and so called fight fans (that will manipulate the stats when it suits) by the sounds of it..
Nah last night Francis got completely dominated from round 2 on . He was on the ground unable to do anything but get more tired

Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Just watched it again, Stipe totally dominated Francis and just like the first viewing I have no issues with the tactics he employed. People should be madder at Francis yes he was tired but he looked really amateurish.

bu bu bu if Cain was around

bu bu bu if Werdum was smarter

bu bu bu if Reem had a chin

Dudes mad as shyt :mjlol: y'all are gonna have to give Stipe his props at some point

Last edited:

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Wth are you arguing ? Are you in anyway saying Francis won the fight ??? He was completely dominated and kept on the ground like a amateur .

wow now stipe is a pillow hands?? Those KOs he got mean nothing now ?
no. his hands last night mean nothing? did you see any damage upon ngannou outside of him being worn out? i didn't. his fists did no damage. stop playing weird cards breh. damage is damage, not much was done last night. it was a decent strategy, not one that dealt any damage.]

it was a good strategy, but led to a boring fight. nothing else happened. deal with it.

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Nah last night Francis got completely dominated from round 2 on . He was on the ground unable to do anything but get more tired
We knew he was a one dimensional fighter carrying a lot of muscle with only heavy hands tho. The bigger story here is how despite stipe's advantages he kind of just cruised when he should have inflicted serious damage or finished. For rogan or martin now to use stats has a metric for whatever narrative is kind of disingenuous.

Swap their races and dana and fans boo stipe for not doing enough to finish or make it exciting