UFC 220 [1/20] "Predator Or Prey" (Francis Ngannou/Stipe Miocic, Volkan Oezdemir/Daniel Cormier)

Who Leaves As Champ Saturday Night?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Strapped

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Seems lile francis spent all his time on promoting the fight instead of training , dude gassed after 5 minutes

jackswstd

Retired
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Don't get me wrong, Stipe is the man at HW. His stamina was drained from trying to keep Ngannou on his back. He employed a smart strategy and let's not forget he survived some big shots that most other HW's would've folded from. Ngannou has a granite chin because he took Stipe's best punches and was barely phased.

His style isn't pretty but it gets the job done. Props to him for breaking the HW curse.

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Seems lile francis spent all his time on promoting the fight instead of training , dude gassed after 5 minutes
You really think he got gassed because all his energy was spent being a rockstar?look at his coaches do you really think they are teaching wrestling and jujitsu in cameroon or france? He could spend 100 hrs in the performance institute if his coaches are clueless or ill-equipped it wont mean shyt. He is who we thought he was

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
no. his hands last night mean nothing? did you see any damage upon ngannou outside of him being worn out? i didn't. his fists did no damage. stop playing weird cards breh. damage is damage, not much was done last night. it was a decent strategy, not one that dealt any damage.]

it was a good strategy, but led to a boring fight. nothing else happened. deal with it.
He has ko power we seen it! I been consistent I gave Woodley props for beating his competitors who were high skill fighters ( Maia and wonder boy ) with technique. And I'm doing the same for stipe . Damage is more than a black Eye as any competent fan can tell you breh so don't try that The UFC didn't want him to win ( white or not) allll the hype was pretty much on Francis and him being a KO beast. He didn't lose a close fluke fight with champion advantage decision no he got completely dominated like a amateur on the ground :yeshrug: It happens . Go back and train . By thr way 90% of heavy weights would fold under the hits he gave stipe or be unable to really continue . Give him his props

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He has ko power we seen it! I been consistent I gave Woodley props for beating his competitors who were high skill fighters ( Maia and wonder boy ) with technique. And I'm doing the same for stipe . Damage is more than a black Eye as any competent fan can tell you breh so don't try that The UFC didn't want him to win ( white or not) allll the hype was pretty much on Francis and him being a KO beast. He didn't lose a close fluke fight with champion advantage decision no he got completely dominated like a amateur on the ground :yeshrug: It happens . Go back and train . By thr way 90% of heavy weights would fold under the hits he gave stipe or be unable to really continue . Give him his props
if that's how you feel then we don't disagree then.

FrankyFourFingers

Raised in Ruins
Daps
Reppin
CA
Cain still young as hell for the division. Hope the time off really helpedhis body. Seems to be training full strength. Nganou doesnt make it past 2 with a healthy cain. I think both fighters stocks dropped yesterday.

DC coulda been the goat. Dude is humble an im glad he is finnaly banking on all his hard work. I couldnt hear the interview, wonder whats next in thag shallow division tho

Edit: id be down for a werdum cain rematchh tho. He needs to correct that wrong. Winner fights stipe

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
Don't get me wrong, Stipe is the man at HW. His stamina was drained from trying to keep Ngannou on his back. He employed a smart strategy and let's not forget he survived some big shots that most other HW's would've folded from. Ngannou has a granite chin because he took Stipe's best punches and was barely phased.

His style isn't pretty but it gets the job done. Props to him for breaking the HW curse.
Then its a damn shame that his gas tank and grappling ain't up to par. Not many people have a chin left at HW. Most title fights haven't gone the distance.
Cain has all the tools, the wrestling and stamina but has more injuries than Ronaldo :francis:

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Cain still young as hell for the division. Hope the time off really helpedhis body. Seems to be training full strength. Nganou doesnt make it past 2 with a healthy cain. I think both fighters stocks dropped yesterday.

DC coulda been the goat. Dude is humble an im glad he is finnaly banking on all his hard work. I couldnt hear the interview, wonder whats next in thag shallow division tho

Edit: id be down for a werdum cain rematchh tho. He needs to correct that wrong. Winner fights stipe
What's exactly wrong with Cain?

FrankyFourFingers

Raised in Ruins
Daps
Reppin
CA
What's exactly wrong with Cain?
From what i heard it wasa back injury which is very hindering to his grind heavy style. Also had knee issues a while back. Hope he can make it back. This division needs him to be healthy, last time we seen him he was throwing spinning wheel kicks

Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Stipe is the HW Weidman, both are/were lucky frauds.
yall don't watch mma you just skim through it

and this is coming from someone who had been waving the "Weidman is a fraud" flag since before the silva fight. Stipe isn't flashy and his skillset is basic, but that fukker can fight and earned his keep. He's got just enough in pretty much every category.

Just enough KO power to sleep HWs like the best of them
Just enough grappling to take advantage of the inept
Just enough technique that he doesn't expose himself to big shots

Nobody has given him a chance in like his last 6 or so fights, shyt is lowkey hilarious.
Was surprised how stiff volkan was, dude has no head movement and leads with his chin. Got outstruck by corm and was already gassing by the 1st:heh:. Seems like a shytier version of glover 220

Accurate. I think he's better than glover though. Seems a lot more nimble
When Stipe asked for the mic:mjgrin:
When he snubbed dana giving the belt :mjgrin:
I love it when Stipe is underestimated. You can get good money off him:ahh:
This. Stipe vs Reem was easy money

I been a believer since his first fight against JDS where he got robbed. Before that fight I saw him as just a generic wrestlepuncher on some Ben Rothwell shyt but if you look closely you can see all the little things he does right. Stipe has a very adaptable skillset and high fight IQ.

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
yall don't watch mma you just skim through it

and this is coming from someone who had been waving the "Weidman is a fraud" flag since before the silva fight. Stipe isn't flashy and his skillset is basic, but that fukker can fight and earned his keep. He's got just enough in pretty much every category.

Just enough KO power to sleep HWs like the best of them
Just enough grappling to take advantage of the inept
Just enough technique that he doesn't expose himself to big shots

Nobody has given him a chance in like his last 6 or so fights, shyt is lowkey hilarious.

Accurate. I think he's better than glover though. Seems a lot more nimble

This. Stipe vs Reem was easy money

I been a believer since his first fight against JDS where he got robbed. Before that fight I saw him as just a generic wrestlepuncher on some Ben Rothwell shyt but if you look closely you can see all the little things he does right. Stipe has a very adaptable skillset and high fight IQ.
The more people sleep on him the better :mjgrin:
The guy's striking is underrated and he's got very good grappling.
We also gotta recognize that he's a fireman that faces life or death situations.... no way he's gonna be shook of anyone there. HW ain't in the best shape true but its better than at Bellator where you got Chael Sonnen fighting Rampage ''butterbean'' Jackson.:mjgrin:
Think about this..... we may actually see Chael beat Wanderlei, Tito, Rampage and possibly Fedor even if they're:flabbynsick:

Last edited: