UFC 254 On ESPN+ PPV At 2 pm ET [10/24] “Unrivaled, Undefeated, Undisputed” (Khabib/Justin Gaethje)

Who Wins Saturday Afternoon?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

THEREALBRAND

Eterno Menino
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Eu Sou O Segundo
EVENT UFC 254: Nurmagomedov vs. Gaethje
DATE October 24, 2020
VENUE UFC Fight Island
LOCATION Yas Island, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates

UFC 254 Fight Card
Early prelims start at 10:30 AM EST on ESPN and ESPN+. The prelims will air on ESPN/ESPN+ at 12:00 PM ET, followed by the main card will air at 2:00 PM ET on ESPN+ PPV.

Main Card (2 PM ET, ESPN+ PPV)

Khabib Nurmagomedov (c) vs. Justin Gaethje

Robert Whittaker vs. Jared Cannonier

Alexander Volkov vs. Walt Harris

Jacob Malkoun vs. Phil Hawes

Lauren Murphy vs. Liliya Shakirova

Magomed Ankalaev vs. Ion Cutelaba

Preliminary Card (12 PM ET, ESPN2)

Stefan Struve vs. Tai Tuivasa

Alex Oliveira vs. Shavkat Rakhmonov

Da Un Jung vs. Sam Alvey

Preliminary Card (10:30 AM ET, ESPN+/Fight Pass)

Nathaniel Wood vs. Casey Kenney

Liana Jojua vs. Miranda Maverick

Joel Alvarez vs. Alexander Yakovlev

This card being in the early afternoon is pure nonsense :snoop:

sportscribe

Superstar
Daps
I think the main and co-main events are trickier than people might expect. On paper you would have to go for a Khabib submission. But given that Justin has never been submitted in a fight, I doubt it's a foregone conclusion. I do think however that Khabib will control him a lot in this fight with clinch work against the cage and ground control. Justin is explosive and he won't want to leave much space open between them. He can knock Khabib out though, that much is certain. He has a very high KO percentage. The only issue is he might hesitate to commit with power because he might be weary about Khabib shooting in for takedowns. Let's see..

As for the Whittaker v Cannonier fight, that is a toss up. I think Whittaker fights cautiously and uses kempo-style point fighting. He will be in and out of range avoiding Cannonier's power.

Khabib vs. Gaethje - Khabib via UD
Whittaker vs. Cannonier - Whittaker via UD

I AM WE ARE

Banned
Daps
Reppin
The N.O
I think the main and co-main events are trickier than people might expect. On paper you would have to go for a Khabib submission. But given that Justin has never been submitted in a fight, I doubt it's a foregone conclusion. I do think however that Khabib will control him a lot in this fight with clinch work against the cage and ground control. Justin is explosive and he won't want to leave much space open between them. He can knock Khabib out though, that much is certain. He has a very high KO percentage. The only issue is he might hesitate to commit with power because he might be weary about Khabib shooting in for takedowns. Let's see..

As for the Whittaker v Cannonier fight, that is a toss up. I think Whittaker fights cautiously and uses kempo-style point fighting. He will be in and out of range avoiding Cannonier's power.

I can see your point but I think khabib will touch him a time or 2 getting his respect on feet and then the mauling on the ground happens.
I still think Whittaker slips up and gets caught. It's like he has to fight damn near perfect

xXMASHERXx

Superstar
Daps

I think Khabib is going to control Justin on the ground and maul him to an easy UD. I do agree that the Whittaker/Cannonier fight is a toss up but believe that Cannonier will catch him at some point and stop him.

hazardous

All Star
Daps
I'm picking Khabib by UD or late stoppage, but I think Justin will have more success than Khabib's other opponents

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
Khabib is gonna maul Justin. He’s basically admitted he’s wrestling. I think both Alvarez and Dustin got him down easily for all the talk of Justin wrestling.