Undisputed 140 King: Terence "Bud" Crawford vs. Julius Indongo (ESPN, Aug 19)

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
solid but I legit don't understand how these ESPN fights don't draw 2X the crowd of what they did on HBO if a lot more people have access to ESPN than HBO

They do...check PBC stars ratings on ESPN vs their ratings on Showtime:mjpls:

Being that Crawford couldn't even reach a milly on ESPN, in a unification bout at that, I think we can all stop with labeling him a "star":hubie:

Swift vs Malignaggi did more numbers:wow:

Thurman vs Collazo did more numbers:wow:

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
He didn't crack a million average huh?:ohhh:

@ChocolateGiddyUp
funny.gif

:shedead:

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps

Being that Crawford couldn't even reach a milly on ESPN, in a unification bout at that, I think we can all realize that labeling him a "star" is premature:mjpls:
star is a very relative term...
in his home state he surely is a star
US wide... probably not
but which boxer is that level of a star right now there? Canelo, Pac, maybe Cotto still and if I want to count him again then Floyd too, that's it.
Thurman, LSC, Swift or Broner did some good numbers but they ain't no A list stars either... Ward and Golovkin are closer but they are also not huge names and the forced PPVs hindered them.
Also I guess they need to build up them on the new channel too, Loma did even worse... I hope with time better ratings will come

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
but tbh I don't care that much about TC's ratings until they are at least decent and he can still get the good fights and beat asses... That's the point. He doesn't have to be an A list star. Ward didn't become one either and he is still in a very good place right now both professionally and financially.
I don't care much about every casual knowing or not knowing my favorite fighters

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago

Being that Crawford couldn't even reach a milly on ESPN, in a unification bout at that, I think we can all stop with labeling him a "star":hubie:

Swift vs Malignaggi did more numbers:wow:

Thurman vs Collazo did more numbers:wow:

1 Milly peak on ESPN :scusthov:

Thurman 1.2 got shytted on

They even tried to shyt on #swiftset 1.4:smugdraper:

Mares LSC 1.6 :birdman:

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
star is a very relative term...
in his home state he surely is a star

So is Robert Easter...but we would never consider him a star

US wide... probably not
Which means he's not a star. Stars are known throughout the country, not soley in Ohio or Nebraska.

but which boxer is that level of a star right now there? Canelo, Pac, maybe Cotto still and if I want to count him again then Floyd too, that's it.
Thurman, LSC, Swift or Broner did some good numbers but they ain't no A list stars either... Ward and Golovkin are closer but they are also not huge names and the forced PPV hindered them.
Also I guess they need to build up them on the new channel too, Loma did even worse... I hope with time better ratings will come

Stars?

Ward, Floyd, Broner, Thurman, Swift no order and off the top of the head.

All those guys are American Boxing stars. Crawford is on the bubble like I kept saying, and his ESPN numbers put an end to all talks about him being a star, plus the fact I seen him lonely with my own 2 eyes:manny:

When Thurman & Swift can outdraw you in "cherry pick" fights vs Luis Collazo & the corpse of Paulie Malignaggi....while you're fighting unification bouts vs the 2nd best 140lber today (right?:mjlol:)....then you should have better numbers, not less imo:hubie:

Especially, in the words of Choc:

the Anti PBC crowd was shytting on Keith N Swifts ESPN numbers at that...lets see what Crawford does N the spin it gets

The spin cycle is about to start:ahh:

HcTQnzJ.gif

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Thurman, Swift, LSC all have had more exposure since they ESPN fights at that

Put them on ESPN now N them shyts would be even higher

Broner N Mikey would do more then a Milly on ESPN too

Bob tried to get Bud out of Nebraska he ain't move the tickets needed :manny:... I don't see bud pulling the ima Aside shyt so it might not matter but if he ever did :ufdup:especially if it's on one of the PBC guys who draw better

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
So is Robert Easter...but we would never consider him a star

Which means he's not a star. Stars are known throughout the country, not soley in Ohio or Nebraska.

Stars?

Ward, Floyd, Broner, Thurman, Swift no order and off the top of the head.

All those guys are American Boxing stars. Crawford is on the bubble like I kept saying, and his ESPN numbers put an end to all talks about him being a star, plus the fact I seen him lonely with my own 2 eyes:manny:

When Thurman & Swift can outdraw you in "cherry pick" fights vs Luis Collazo & the corpse of Paulie Malignaggi....while you're fighting unification bouts vs the 2nd best 140lber today (right?:mjlol:)....then you should have better numbers, not less imo:hubie:

Especially, in the words of Choc:

The spin cycle is about to start:ahh:

HcTQnzJ.gif
I don't like Swift and I like Thurman but I didn't slander the ratings of any of them

Crawford's fight did 1.3-1.4 m as I read which is already better than that 960 something not saying he's a star but at least solid numbers :manny:

At the end of the day though I really just want him to beat up others :russ: he can do it as a star or not a star, A side or B side just keep winning and get some money for himsekf. He is surely big enough to get the top of 147 to the table at least he will be good

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
I don't like Swift and I like Thurman but I didn't slander the ratings of any of them

Crawford's fight did 1.3-1.4 m as I read which is already better than that 960 something not saying he's a star but at least solid numbers :manny:

At the end of the day though I really just want him to beat up others :russ: he can do it as a star or not a star, A side or B side just keep winning and get some money for himsekf. He is surely big enough to get the top of 147 to the table at least he will be good

We don't know his peak numbers. All we know is his card did less view than Thurman vs Collazo, & Swift vs Malignaggi....2 fights we panned around here as cherry picks:wow:

Crawford vs Indongo was supposed to be a big fight, facing the best and 2nd best fighter at 140 (:heh:) vs each other for all the belts, and still couldn't do a milly on free cable:wow:

He only averaged 4,000 more viewers on ESPN than he did on HBO....even though there are 55,000,000 more subscribers to ESPN than it is to HBO:hhh:

Great fighter, but not a star yet. He needs to face someone who's a draw, beat them, and take their fans. Im going to keep saying it until he does it, bc he needs a rub...he cant build it off his own name & personality.:manny:

GzUp

Sleep, those slices of death; Oh how I loathe them
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
California
If u guys want to put Crawford high in the pound for pound list then triple g should be up there no doubt.