Up to 600 dead in Pacific Northwest/British Columbia heat wave

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
I got colleagues in BC that have had to take time off...felt ill...whatever. It’s unbearable there with no AC

A town in bc reached 49.6 :picard:

Stunning breakout far above all previously measured values to set a new national temperature record for Canada of 49.6 °C (121 °F).2

SleezyBigSlim

Banned
Daps
Cacs dying from heatwave? I'm drinking ice cold root beer right now, I bet they want some:banderas:

• Dap
Reactions: AJD

beejus

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Red, White, & Stonewashed Blue since '94
Crazy. Government couldn't give out fans like water?

Probably had what a weeks notice of those types of temperatures coming?

The PNW of BC, Washington, and Oregon have a combined population of over 16 million people. No way they have enough fans laying around for that many people.

AJD

Superstar
Daps
Idgaf If it's "usually mild in summer" every house in developed countries/cities should have A/Cs in 2021. Remember visiting London some time back, drenching in sweat at night cause they ain't have built in A/Cs in most homes. Talmbout "it don't usually get this hot" and I'm like it's this hot NOW.:beli:

Global warming is real so these heatwaves gon be more and more frequent. Build A/Cs in dem gotdamn houses.:martin:

kingofnyc

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boogie Down BX
Al tried to tell y’all 2 decades ago

unfortunately many people in this world are fukking retarded aka conservative/republicans

650-071717-Al-Gore-Global-Warming-Hoax.jpg

:snoop:

Aintnobodystupid

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Harlem, NYC
I’m not surprised, at times the heat was just unbearable, I was pouring water on myself out of a bowl and sitting directly in-front of a fan that was blowing hot air. I felt sorry for the homeless, the sick and all animals in general who had to endure it.

I saw a news report the other day where a homeless woman said they were spending their ebt money on icicles to try to survive in that shyt.

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
75-90 is our normal summer temperatures, but we are only talking 2-3 month out of the year. People just buy fans and portable AC units for those months.

Nothing around here unless it’s a new house or apartment complex is built with AC.

Might have to get AC for my house that I just bought. Gonna be a hot summer and the wild fires out west are gonna be brutal come August.

IMO 75-90 doing the daytime is not terrible unless you are working outdoors. To me the real culprit is humidity. That shyt will kill you.

A 75-90 daytime temperature is not bad, because that means that the nighttime temperature will be in the 50-70 temperature range, which would allow me to sleep with windows open and box fan. So I would not even need an air conditioner at that point. That is actually pretty comfortable unless that bullshyt humidity is hanging around. That is the shyt that be killing folks, because sweat can not evaporate. I lived in L.A. for 3 years and it was pushing 100 everyday in the summertime, but I never felt uncomfortable because that shyt was dry. In Chicago and in the South and Midwest it can hit 85 degrees with 90% humidity and that shyt is horrible. :picard: