(Update)Incels and redpillers finally got a win.Captain Marvel 2:The Marvels opened to 47 million over the weekend.Making it MCU worst opening ever.

TripleAgent

Holding my nuts fukking thousand dollar lesbians
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Why did this movie do poorly? I feel like it wasn't advertised as well.
It's ass, and unlike the first one, isn't the bridge between Infinity War and Endgame. Don't believe all the agenda talk, it wasn't even heavy on the feminist shyt. It's just bad.

VertigoKnight

Veteran
Daps
Why did this movie do poorly? I feel like it wasn't advertised as well.

It got a ton of advertising.

As for why it didn’t do well. In my opinion lack of compelling lead actors, nobody is invested in the story of Captain Marvel, lack of connection to anything going on in the MCU currently, a very mid story. It didn’t appeal the people it was mostly made for women. Younger women didn’t go and see it.

The film is not awful it’s just very inconsequential and has paid the sins of all the mid projects the MCU has put out in the last phase. And people would rather spend their time doing other things

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The whole marvel became one boring confusing mess. You’ve got he hardcore to keep up

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Get a fukking life you incel having ass nikka. You have the most posts in here and the thread in thefilmroom. DC is shyt and will continue to be shyt. Go outside and touch grass. The way your keeping track on this is pathetic as fukk. Lame ass nikka

:laff:

In denial that this MCU film flopped and MCU news like the Captain America Sam Wilson film getting pushed back a whole year legitimately pissed you off :laff:

the director of the next 2 Avengers film dipped, as well.

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps

In denial that this MCU film flopped and MCU news like the Captain America Sam Wilson film getting pushed back a whole year legitimately pissed you off :laff:

the director of the next 2 Avengers film dipped, as well.
He was only the director of one Avengers film, with the focus going from Kang to Doom, he was needed for the Shang chi sequel

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Spoke with a group of high school students (in a program dealing with HS's and having to sit in on various classes during the week for a month) randomly, and they had some interesting insights.

I'm a big film nerd, but I will honestly say I did not expect the level of insight and conversation that I got from these 15 and 16-year-olds - but I guess having social media and YouTube allows for more access to thought and research, etc, and it wasn't bs either.

First, they started talking about being tired of "remakes" - like the entire class (mostly black and Hispanics, a couple of white kids but very few) - they were all like they cannot and will not watch another remake, and why does everything have to be a remake and not something new.

It's sad because I didn't realize that these kids were born in 2009, and are in the 10th grade now (formative years), so only really experience big cinema of an 80s/90s remake or a superhero movie. Nothing else. Complete trash. Wild and sad.

Like they were legit asking "Why can't people make better movies that are original?" the same way an adult film critic would.

Then, we talked about the Marvels, and almost all of them in various ways were like "not watching that trash/got better things to do", which I think aligns with the boredom people (and I guess, youth as well) are having with overpowered superhero movies that are obvious money grabs. I mean, a damn 10th grader actually used that terminology lol. When I was young, I didn't make the connection between "Batman Returns" and toy sales, but again, our youth are more educated as to how they are being hustled, and I guess have more autonomy.

They all LOVE Spiderman though.

One kid asked my thoughts on "Madame Web" so I told him to pull up the trailer and they watched it together, and the black kid said "This looks like a fan film this looks terrible", which is the same feedback I get from YT critics and talking heads (my own opinion is that it looks terrible LOL"

But again - I don't think these kids are getting opinions off the internet per se, I feel like they truly feel this way, and are not interested in seeing a Captain Marvel "ok" movie, and are more interested in talking about "Panderverse" and the Spiderman 2 video game.

I think Marvel and Disney brands are in the tank with what they have produced over the past 10 lazy years.

:ehh: even high school kids know better nowadays

VertigoKnight

Veteran
Daps
He was only the director of one Avengers film, with the focus going from Kang to Doom, he was needed for the Shang chi sequel

Makes no sense why he dipped. Unless his getting cold feet?

Did they offically announce a Shang Chi sequel? If Cap4, Thunderbolts and Blade are now delayed until 2025. I could see Blade getting pushed to 2026 so they have a two films a year cadence.

Kang Dynasty is also currently 2026 and Secret Wars is currently May 2027

So realisitcally Shang Chi 2 would be out in either 2026 or 2027 so why leave Secret Wars? He'd be waiting around the same amount of time.

And I could see Kang Dynasty and Endgame being filmed co-currently like Infinity War and Endgame So filming would probably begin late next year.

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
Makes no sense why he dipped. Unless his getting cold feet?

Did they offically announce a Shang Chi sequel? If Cap4, Thunderbolts and Blade are now delayed until 2025. I could see Blade getting pushed to 2026 so they have a two films a year cadence.

Kang Dynasty is also currently 2026 and Secret Wars is currently May 2027

So realisitcally Shang Chi 2 would be out in either 2026 or 2027 so why leave Secret Wars? He'd be waiting around the same amount of time.

And I could see Kang Dynasty and Endgame being filmed co-currently like Infinity War and Endgame So filming would probably begin late next year.
Man, dem inwards need a split squad like xmen in the 90s and it's long overdue.

Ff4 supposed to 2025, so he would have to sync Shang Chi 2 with that

Dwayne_Taylor

Superstar
Daps
:what:

They CLEARLY made her LGBT in the last avengers movie when they had her looking like Ellen Degeneres

a7308471-6fac-48f3-9197-2b3739df6d0b-avengers-endgame-captain-marvel.jpg

And then this movie made her Tessa Thompsons girlfriend.

Women are SELECTIVE with their money. They aint paying to see a DYKE led superhero action movie.
At this point it's obvious disney put her in a lesbian relationship with Maria Rambeau