Update on Owens from the Meltz and some of my thoughts too...

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
If you're in it for the money, then you're in the wrong industry

But it's not just the money, like I said, it's the biggest platform in wrestling. And everybody should want to be on that platform. If not, then you're in the wrong industry.

Daps
Reppin
Toledo, OH
Why the fukk is a drop in Cena's fukking merchandise sells dictating story lines ? Sorry to say it but the only way the company is ever going to move on from Cena and create new stars is if he dies or suffers a career ending injury. Those are the only 2 options. Anything short of that and we're stuck with the current stale and directionless product .

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
But it's not just the money, like I said, it's the biggest platform in wrestling. And everybody should want to be on that platform. If not, then you're in the wrong industry.
Thing is if you know they will never give you a chance to really make your mark and want to just have you as an underpaid meal to be fed to cena, all working for them will do is hurt your image in the eyes of the paying customers. The sort of stupidity that made Steve Austin walk out. I mean right out the gate the announce team buries half the roster on commentary every week. Half the time they talk about something other than the match that's going on. Working there is career suicide.

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
Beyond face/ heel stuff, this practice they have of having segments of the audience invest in a character only to destroy them, is just terrible writing.

Personally, I place way more blame on Vince for the mediocre storytelling (And Dunn, of course) than I do on Cena for politicking backstage.

Vince still being in charge now is him living long enough to see himself become a villain.

I mean, I get a kick out of seeing The Undertaker when he comes around, but the new feud with Brock feels :ld:I'm just kind of waiting for them to fukk it up.

The Max Landis doc, which a bunch of people in the company co-signed, made out that Vince's current product could be mentioned in the same breath as shows like Game Of Thrones and Mad Men. :childplease:

Not in this lifetime:mjlol:

Oh well, G1 for me :yeshrug:

trick

sleeping
Supporter
Daps
Beyond face/ heel stuff, this practice they have of having segments of the audience invest in a character only to destroy them, is just terrible writing.

Personally, I place way more blame on Vince for the mediocre storytelling (And Dunn, of course) than I do on Cena for politicking backstage.

Vince still being in charge now is him living long enough to see himself become a villain.

I mean, I get a kick out of seeing The Undertaker when he comes around, but the new feud with Brock feels :ld:I'm just kind of waiting for them to fukk it up.

The Max Landis doc, which a bunch of people in the company co-signed, made out that Vince's current product could be mentioned in the same breath as shows like Game Of Thrones and Mad Men. :childplease:

Not in this lifetime:mjlol:

Oh well, G1 for me :yeshrug:

I feel the same way. Every story feels like there's zero pay-off to it. :dead: at Max Landis comparing this to GOT or Mad Men, RAW isn't even in the same tier as The Flash or Masters of Sex in terms of storytelling and character progression

I'll check the WWE out if I hear there's a good angle or match on TV or PPV, but there's no way I'll watch an entire episode of RAW or SD when there are so much more misses than hits right now

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
Simple mathematics
:vinnydavis:+:dunn:=:sadneckbeard:

At least Vince had his day of being a creative genius. Kevin Dunn continues to be worthless. Thanks for all those quit cutting action shots where the viewer can't even see what's going on though:jakethesnake:

The crazy thing is, it's more acceptable now to be into things that were considered 'niche' like comic books because they've become mainstream.

I feel like Vince is still looking at the public like 'What we do is too goofy for you to actually like it' ( With the way the announcers talk about the product, its a definite possibility.) That's the problem with having no cultural references less than 15 years old. I don't know if the old man has it in him to cross that river back one more time. It's almost like he's mad at pop culture for leaving him behind in the years after the Attitude Era and he refuses to get burned like that twice. He went public, cashed in and won't jeopardise that for anyone.

As for Dunn's camerawork - if you were to show him the direction on modern films like Mad Max his head might literally explode.

Last edited:

Da_Eggman

Can't trust every face you gotta watch em
Daps
Reppin
So-Fla
Outside sources need to convince people to either leave or not sign in the first place. They refuse to allow anyone to become a star so why be willing to work there? It's basically a dead end job with lousy pay and 0 chance for advancement.
It's not lousy pay thou

I'm sure Owens has made more money this year than his whole career in the Indys

Killer Instinct

To live in hearts we leave behind is to never die.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
I feel for Owens. To get to that level and then be subliminally told by your boss that you're inadequate has to be a huge blow, especially considering he wasn't sinking.
He was thriving and could be a legit main eventer, but Vince is bullheaded and vindictive.
Having him tap and then having him out there breaking up the brawl with the likes of The Ascension and Fandango? That was as good as spitting in his face.
Not a fan of Rollins but you better believe when he finally drops the belt, he'll likely follow suit.
Cena is more or less Vince's instrument and mouthpiece. There's a reason John interrupted Rollins last night and referred to him as a joke.
The WWE environment is toxic.