Update on Owens from the Meltz and some of my thoughts too...

Buggsy Mogues

My spot is solidified if you ask me
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
City of Angels :blessed:
So according to :duck:zer, he's a mid card scrub but closed out that same show

He looked out of place as fukk in that match next to dudes like Cena/Rusev/Sheamus... he just looked like the fat retard cousin or something.

I said more than a year ago on this very forum that Vince would take one look at this flabby nikka and hit em with the :camby:

Buggsy Mogues

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I feel for Owens. To get to that level and then be subliminally told by your boss that you're inadequate has to be a huge blow, especially considering he wasn't sinking.

He hasn't put in the work to earn that in Cokeboy's eyes, so why should it be handed to him?

He's a great wrestler, but there's more to it. If dude wanted to be the best he could be the best, but he didn't dedicate the time to get himself in the optimal shape. You a professional wrestler. THAT'S YOUR ONE JOB. Your one job is to be in shape and be a performer.

From his generic theme music to his weak ass finishing move to his backyard wrestling ring gear to his beer gut, nothing about Kevin Owens says larger than life superstar.

The Rainmaker

Mr. Money in the Bank
Daps
ZS23oah.png
are worried

6Q5ErSZ.jpg

Potential Spam

I’ll call later.
Daps
Most people I have talked about old wrestling with in the last 10 years have said "I try to check it out sometimes if I'm bored and nothing else is on, but every time I do, John Cena is on, so I change the channel. Why is he still the guy?"

They are keeping away potential viewers with the staleness, and are we even sure Cena fans will still watch when he is gone? They support this dude no matter who he buries (excuses for burials always readily available), and let WWE tell it, whenever he isn't prominent, the ratings drop. If that is the case, then isn't it obvious they need to put over the younger guys? Give fans others to care about? If people are not tuning in cuz Cena isn't showcased enough, what do they think is gonna happen when he can't go anymore? If Cena were to get injured next week and miss the rest of the year, what would they do? Who would they turn to? Probably Randy Orton. Know why? Cuz he is the only dude to have gone over Cena and compete regularly. The others who have had notable victories are no longer active (Punk, Bryan, Edge) or struggling in the midcard (Miz, Rusev, Owens). No one is gonna get much shine goin' over Randy, and you can't use Brock to put too many over cuz he ain't got that many dates. Whoever they try to push would likely be looked at about as credible as Diesel after Hogan left. "Yeah, you're champion, but who have you really beaten? Hulk, Flair, and Savage (Cena, DB and Punk) are gone. Oh, you beat Backlund (Rollins)? Damn, I should've recognized. :comeon:"

Granted, I have never run a company once worth a billion dollars, but I think it is clear they need to change their business model.

TL;DR

We are one Cena injury away from 1995. Here's hopin' Billionaire Ted picks up GFW for Mondays and Jarrett poaches Cesaro, Ambrose, Owens, and Bálor:blessed:.

Maybe even pursuade a former WWE champion who's moved on from wrestling to reconsider that decision (á la Hulk) and make the cypher complete.
full

jerniebert

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fresno, Ca
Why does Vince confide in Kevin Dunn so much? I never understood this.

They should have let Owens get the pin on Cena last night, but I'm sure that would have been to much to ask for.:francis: I don't know if anybody else picked up on it, but to me it felt like Hunter wasn't to into last nights show. Felt like he was just going through the motions.

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
I feel for Owens. To get to that level and then be subliminally told by your boss that you're inadequate has to be a huge blow, especially considering he wasn't sinking.
He was thriving and could be a legit main eventer, but Vince is bullheaded and vindictive.
Having him tap and then having him out there breaking up the brawl with the likes of The Ascension and Fandango? That was as good as spitting in his face.
Not a fan of Rollins but you better believe when he finally drops the belt, he'll likely follow suit.
Cena is more or less Vince's instrument and mouthpiece. There's a reason John interrupted Rollins last night and referred to him as a joke.
The WWE environment is toxic.
That was a not so low key burial of Rollins

trick

sleeping
Supporter
Daps

They should have let Owens get the pin on Cena last night, but I'm sure that would have been to much to ask for.:francis: I don't know if anybody else picked up on it, but to me it felt like Hunter wasn't to into last nights show. Felt like he was just going through the motions.

Kevin Dunn must be his connect for coke and whores. Why else would be he in a position of power for so long? Vince is supposedly a ruthless businessman but he's loyal to some dimwitted ass whose dad saved some tapes and has done nothing but hurt his business for years? Makes no sense to me too

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
nonsense.

When Cena put him in The STF at Battleground, I was like :ehh: "He'll prolly pass out on some Austin shyt, this is his big moment." :blessed:]
THIS!!!!

This fool Vince giving his future superstars the poison pill of burial before they even get a chance to truly spread their wings!

Owens should have passed out and been given the "The rookie went toe to toe with a legend and did'nt fall back" and he would have gotten that Austin level respect cause he would have came back bustin his guns like Stone Cold did giving zero fukks, then its time for a little IC run against other mid carders and maybe even Neville or some shyt.

It's really painful to watch this shyt sometimes...this is why I started only tuning in for PPVs and the RAWs after

Killer Instinct

To live in hearts we leave behind is to never die.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
He hasn't put in the work to earn that in Cokeboy's eyes, so why should it be handed to him?

This makes no sense.
He was just handed an angle with the marquee star and he excelled out there.
On the mic. In the ring. KO merchandise all in the audience.
He didn't look out of place next to Cena. If a guy looks competent in the role, you don't fix what isn't broken and to allude to the contrary is asinine.
Sheamus and Del Rio were at times outright forced to the top of the plateau despite fans falling asleep whenever they were on screen.
It's not that Owens hasn't put in the work, it's that Vince didn't like who was reaching for the brass ring, and that's fine; but don't piss in the wind and tell me it's raining.
Don't give talent diatribes about reaching for some arbitrary "brass ring" and when they do, you slap it out of their hand because despite being over and swimming when thrown head first into the water, they doesn't have the look you like or the benefits of nepotism.

He's a great wrestler, but there's more to it.

Owens isn't Neville. He's more than sufficient on the microphone.

If dude wanted to be the best he could be the best, but he didn't dedicate the time to get himself in the optimal shape. You a professional wrestler. THAT'S YOUR ONE JOB. Your one job is to be in shape and be a performer.

His character is that of a bully. A drunken bar hopper with an attitude.
His weight is as essential to his character as Rikishi's BMI was to his.
He trims down, he becomes another guy. Fandango is in great shape and isn't half as entertaining or talented as Owens.
His looks fits the role and his cardio is amongst the best.
He never looks gassed and has proven he can go the distance. He's also more agile in the ring than some guys half his size.
His look is fine, you simply don't like it.

From his generic theme music to his weak ass finishing move to his backyard wrestling ring gear to his beer gut, nothing about Kevin Owens says larger than life superstar.

That's your opinion.
Hunter sees the potential and so do countless of others.
Maybe Vince will come around, maybe he won't, but it wouldn't be the first time he was wrong about a talent and if he lives another decade, it likely won't be the last.

Buggsy Mogues

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
He trims down, he becomes another guy. Fandango is in great shape and isn't half as entertaining as Owens.

:heh: Owens' entertainment value and skills has nothing to do with his weight.. he would be just as good, if not better, if he was in shape.

His look is fine, you simply don't like it.

That's your opinion.
Hunter sees the potential and so do countless of others.
Maybe Vince will come around, maybe he won't, but it wouldn't be the first time he was wrong about a talent and if he lives another decade, it likely won't be the last.

No, not me, it's the guy in charge who doesn't like it, and his opinion is really the only one that matters. And if getting to the top of the WWE is your goal, maybe you should try not to be a fat slob since you know the guy who runs the place has a fetish for bodybuilders.

Buggsy Mogues

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Same could be said for Mick Foley but it worked out well for him.:yeshrug:

I would not say Foley was a larger than life superstar though.. he benefitted from being in the right place at the right time, he played well off the true superstars (Rock, Austin, Taker)... in this case people are trying to position Owens as the Rock or Austin slot of the person who is "the guy" and obviously WWE will never see him that way in his current state. He may get a Foley run someday, but he'll never be the guy.

3Rivers

thaKEAF aint never lied
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Steel City
Well....
WWE executive Kevin Dunn: Profiling the maligned, but fairly paid VP
As legend has it, Vince McMahon promised his father that he'd take care of of a variety of specific people who had ties to the the company for their entire lives, and Kevin Dunn is one of them. Dunn's father, Dennis Dunn, was Executive Producer of Intermedia Productions, which produced and syndicated (W)WWF television from 1972 through some point in the early '80s. The elder Dunn had endeared himself to the McMahons by risking his life for the company. One night, after a TV taping in Hamburg, Pennsylvania, he was driving home with the tapes of the show in his trunk when the car caught fire. Dennis made sure to retrieve the tapes from the trunk, as losing weeks of TV shows could have seriously disrupted everything in the promotion.
Basically as long as Vince is calling the shots, Dunn will be there:snoop: