Urging ALL my brehs no matter where you are in life to PLEASE MEDITATE. Conquer & prevent depression

you're NOT "n!ggas"

FKA ciroq drobama
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Astronomy (8th light)
  1. Basic meditation: Find somewhere quiet to sit, close your eyes, and just focus on your breathing. I like to start with a few deep, deliberate breaths to get settled but from then on just breathe naturally and bring your attention to your breaths. Thoughts will come to mind (My show comes on tonight, Oh shyt! I gave so and so money last week, has he paid me back?! :wtf:") but when you catch yourself focusing on them, just go back to your breathing. Eventually you get to a trance-like state or get that sense of relief you're looking for. You can start short at 3-5mins but I like 15mins or more.
    1. Once you've gotten this one down you can expand to focusing on your entire body. The sensations you feel sitting, the sensations of your clothes on your skin, your heartbeat, etc.
  2. Walking meditation: This one is deliberate in your breathing. Take a step, breathe in. Take the next step, breathe out, repeat. Again bringing all your focus to these two things. The first time I did it I thought "this is the dumbest shyt ever" :gucci: but that next week I went to the gym and locked all my shyt in my car and wound up having to walk like 4 miles back to my place (I had a roommate). I was pissed at the start of the walk but midway thru this feeling came over me like "This is the best walk I've ever had my life :wow:" -- It still is, and I wasn't even doing that shyt I was just walking normal :dwillhuh:
Common meditative practices that people don't consider. Think about it, you generally aren't worried about shyt else when you're doing these activities. That's what people mean when they say they "get into a zone":
  1. Weightlifting
  2. Dancing
  3. Running/Cardio
  1. Basic meditation: Find somewhere quiet to sit, close your eyes, and just focus on your breathing. I like to start with a few deep, deliberate breaths to get settled but from then on just breathe naturally and bring your attention to your breaths. Thoughts will come to mind (My show comes on tonight, Oh shyt! I gave so and so money last week, has he paid me back?! :wtf:") but when you catch yourself focusing on them, just go back to your breathing. Eventually you get to a trance-like state or get that sense of relief you're looking for. You can start short at 3-5mins but I like 15mins or more.
    1. Once you've gotten this one down you can expand to focusing on your entire body. The sensations you feel sitting, the sensations of your clothes on your skin, your heartbeat, etc.
  2. Walking meditation: This one is deliberate in your breathing. Take a step, breathe in. Take the next step, breathe out, repeat. Again bringing all your focus to these two things. The first time I did it I thought "this is the dumbest shyt ever" :gucci: but that next week I went to the gym and locked all my shyt in my car and wound up having to walk like 4 miles back to my place (I had a roommate). I was pissed at the start of the walk but midway thru this feeling came over me like "This is the best walk I've ever had my life :wow:" -- It still is, and I wasn't even doing that shyt I was just walking normal :dwillhuh:
Common meditative practices that people don't consider. Think about it, you generally aren't worried about shyt else when you're doing these activities. That's what people mean when they say they "get into a zone":
  1. Weightlifting
  2. Dancing
  3. Running/Cardio
@Coerezmoney2212