URL/Smack Presents Summer Madness 6: Live on Pay Per View: Hollow Da Don vs Tay Roc

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
So how long is the ait going to be for these battles? 2-3 months?
This to me is whats staggered the growth of URL, you cant expect mainstream support of the battles arent released within a few days of the battle while people are still interested. ofcourse the die hards will care but its already been a week and still no battles. Smack should have the battle rappers do a run on podcasts and everyday struggle leadign up to the major events sile NOME and summer madness to give them some exposure.

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
One of you SEO guys explain to me why URL don't put videos on their own website and monetise the videos...

If they are not making any money from the views why would they. Personally I would think they would make a pay per month platform maybe 4 or $5 a month where they post all old and updated battles. That way they can release the new battles like the next day or week after and get money year round. :yeshrug:

And like every other underground culture that gets mainstream exposure, the sport of battle rap has indeed dried up. Its a gift and curse. Lux catapulted the genre into the lime light with the Calico battle and every since then so many different leagues and different emcees have emerged.
The problem is 90% of the nikkas battling are garbage. The bars are generic gun bars that are just boring. And the punches are weak as fukk. Its too much of that and so much of that that when you hear the top tier rappers spit the same shyt, you are so desensitized that the shyt just sounds plain.

Their is obvious still a lane for good battle raps......but today's world of battle rap an actual good refreshing battle is few and far in between.

If they stop uploading on youtube then they will fade into obscurity. they need a commercial high traffic platform like youtube to remain relevant. Their problem is they are over thinking this shyt, Battle rap isnt popular enough to try to hold out for pay per view only, they need the world to see these battles . I have paid for a few events and they were inconsistent, the video kept dying and they lasted too long. IF they decide to go PPV then they would have to edit the battles to make them shorter and make the even run smoother.

Kidd Dibiase

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Nitty/JC 2nd rounds were trash

K Shine first round was heavily influenced by Big T. He has never to my knowledge ever rapped like that. I mean most of the bars after the Missy in the big suit line.

Last edited:

Bone$

Dynasty Continues...
Daps
Url needs to find a way to get on tidal.. Could drop battles in a subsection, with release dates etc.. At least for upper tiers

• Dap
Reactions: IVS