URL/Smack Presents Summer Madness 6: Live on Pay Per View: Hollow Da Don vs Tay Roc

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
finally getting to watch this.... y'all nikkas smoking rocks talking bout jc vs lux

he need about 5 more battles before that. he ain't fukking with lux.. not in nyc.. not anywhere else either. not on a big stage, small room, locker room... nada

i'm not even sure he won this battle if we reaaaaaaaaaally want to have a discussion

Big Jo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
finally getting to watch this.... y'all nikkas smoking rocks talking bout jc vs lux

he need about 5 more battles before that. he ain't fukking with lux.. not in nyc.. not anywhere else either. not on a big stage, small room, locker room... nada

i'm not even sure he won this battle if we reaaaaaaaaaally want to have a discussion

Your backwards ass mentality is the reason why battle rap hasn't grown over the last few years

JC has been grinding for years, dudes pen is god tier, had his first big stage look, killed it, has been calling out Lux, fans are interested in seeing it and Lux himself has said he'll give JC that shot

What's the problem exactly?

You don't wanna see a super talented and hungry MC finally go toe to toe with a legend and have a barfest, why?

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Your backwards ass mentality is the reason why battle rap hasn't grown over the last few years

JC has been grinding for years, dudes pen is god tier, had his first big stage look, killed it, has been calling out Lux, fans are interested in seeing it and Lux himself has said he'll give JC that shot

What's the problem exactly?

You don't wanna see a super talented and hungry MC finally go toe to toe with a legend and have a barfest, why?
Didn't you just hear me? He's NOT ready yet

You putting someone with their very first big stage show vs a top 5 battle rapper all time. To me. At least top 10 to the world. Back to top 5 if we throwing in popularity as well

I've seen JC before. I just watched this. It's not a good match. I'd bet thousands on lux winning right this second. This dudes bars are not on some elite, crazy, oh my god how did he even come up with that, type shyt. A lot of 4-5 bar boring setups and relying on one heavy punch

Let JC battle some top dudes. that's what lux was talking about. His shyt ain't even motivating him like he really a threat right now. It's not organic. Nobody believes JC really ready for that smoke

EarlyEarly

Superstar
Daps
The fact that there are a group of people like Norbes saying that beating Nitty springboards JC up to Lux is mindboggling. Nitty is like mid tier in the grand scheme of things. Lux is legend status.

Reptile

Reptile For Mortal Kombat 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outworld
Here's what I think happened with Rum/JC:

Going in, JC has a clear-cut narrative in this battle. If he beats Rum, he is off to the races for Lux. This whole "I WANT LUX WHERE IS LUX" run that he's gone on where fans have gone from clowning his picture in a suit as "Father/Son Work Day" to ROOTING for JC against this nikka Lux!

Going in, Rum has.... nothing? He's been sorta floating since the Roc battle, in all honesty. He had Trez and NYB w/ Will - but Nitty isn't going after anything now. We haven't really heard from Rum like that in interviews, even in battles (although Sunday he called out former WB members but Idk if he's REALLY gonna battle them). So what do we have to look forward to? If RUm beats JC, then what? RUM is getting Lux?! nikka :stopitslime: Nobody wanna see Nitty/Lux.

That's why I feel like the battle went the way it did. People are REALLY pushing for JC to get Lux. Now am I saying everybody in that SM6 crowd wants JC/Lux? No, but (especially in a room full of weed, liquor, and bytches) opinions can easily be swayed. Not necessarily that JC/LUx is a MUST - but if you see someone not reacting to a nikka's shyt, are you gonna get TWICE as loud when you react? Nah, you'll think about it for a bit. Why he ain't reacting? Is this trash? And then some move to one side, some move to the other - looks like a majority moved to JC's side on Sunday. Because he's got a narrative, he's got story, he's got SOMETHING.

And Nitty just chilling, doing some lil battles every now and again.

Youre actually right. But that's not the sole reason why JC won. Compare the material. JCs material was just better. On top of that this Rum was no differemt from all the other Rums we saw. AND..... you're forgetting JCs past two URL showings were clean 30s. So of course we had JC winning this battle, because he won the last two. And dont even hit me with "Chess and Chef dont count they are threats" because last time I checked almost everybody had Rum losing to Chess. I know for a fact OTBVA did.

Rum said somethin like I'll Ice Jc face, now he a Jesus piece :gucci: and nikkas are sayin he got killed. I might need to make a nitty reverse avi curse.

That was whack wtf another JC Jesus Christ flip smh.

noodles

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
One of you SEO guys explain to me why URL don't put videos on their own website and monetise the videos...

MicIsGod

They like what that mean
Daps
Reppin
Atl
Youre actually right. But that's not the sole reason why JC won. Compare the material. JCs material was just better. On top of that this Rum was no differemt from all the other Rums we saw. AND..... you're forgetting JCs past two URL showings were clean 30s. So of course we had JC winning this battle, because he won the last two. And dont even hit me with "Chess and Chef dont count they are threats" because last time I checked almost everybody had Rum losing to Chess. I know for a fact OTBVA did.

That was whack wtf another JC Jesus Christ flip smh.
Did you just say we had Jc winning because he won the last 2:picard: We gotta get you out this subforum

NoChillJones

Banned
Daps
so these battles may not make it to youtube anytime soon:huhldup:

If they are not making any money from the views why would they. Personally I would think they would make a pay per month platform maybe 4 or $5 a month where they post all old and updated battles. That way they can release the new battles like the next day or week after and get money year round. :yeshrug:

And like every other underground culture that gets mainstream exposure, the sport of battle rap has indeed dried up. Its a gift and curse. Lux catapulted the genre into the lime light with the Calico battle and every since then so many different leagues and different emcees have emerged.
The problem is 90% of the nikkas battling are garbage. The bars are generic gun bars that are just boring. And the punches are weak as fukk. Its too much of that and so much of that that when you hear the top tier rappers spit the same shyt, you are so desensitized that the shyt just sounds plain.

Their is obvious still a lane for good battle raps......but today's world of battle rap an actual good refreshing battle is few and far in between.