US Lawmakers, including Gregory Meeks, Want to Punish South Africa Because of Ukraine!

Nkrumah Was Right

Superstar
Daps
U.S. lawmakers want South Africa to face consequences for "support for Russia" amid Ukraine war

The June 9 letter, obtained by CBS News and first reported by The New York Times, argues that in spite of its stated neutral stance on the Ukraine war, the South African government has strengthened relations with Moscow since President Vladimir Putin launched Russia's full-scale invasion in February 2022, making it necessary, the lawmakers argue, for the U.S. to take action.

Gregory Meeks
licensed-image

Write, email or phone Rep. Meeks to say,

HANDS OFF SOUTH AFRICA
Office Locations | Congressman Gregory Meeks

Nkrumah Was Right

Superstar
Daps
Good move. South Africa moving stupidly out here and denying reality. Putin is a bad faith actor and anyone who aligns with Putin should be scrutinized.

Wanting to punish the largest economy in Africa is a stupid move.

Germany, and other European countries still buy Russian energy! Sheer hypocrisy

Nkrumah Was Right

Superstar
Daps

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY

GrindtooFilthy

World Class SuperVillain
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA, CT, NH
Good move. South Africa moving stupidly out here and denying reality. Putin is a bad faith actor and anyone who aligns with Putin should be scrutinized.
Yo gtfo And let Afrikan ppl decide their own fate U bad faith actor. You need to be permabanned already. If this was the 1800s you would def be the house negro telling massa all the plans :camby:

Nkrumah Was Right

Superstar
Daps
Yo gtfo And let Afrikan ppl decide their own fate U bad faith actor. You need to be permabanned already. If this was the 1800s you would def be the house negro telling massa all the plans :camby:

:ohlawd:

He’s always trying to subdue African autonomy

India is still trading with Russia, but he says nothing about his co-nationalists in New Delhi

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I read the full article and it seems that SA is going against their stated stance of neutrality on the conflict by working with Russia behind the scenes. That seems to be in violation of some trade pact they're part of (AGOA).

The lawmakers say recent actions by South Africa call into question the country's eligibility to benefit from the AGOA, which grants duty-free access to the U.S. market to goods from certain sub-Sharan African nations, including South Africa. There is a requirement in AGOA that benefiting countries should not engage in activities that undermine U.S. national security or foreign policy objectives.

South Africa, the continent's largest single economy, exported about $3 billion worth of goods through AGOA to the United States in 2022.

I definitely wouldn't participate in anything that puts a leash on my countries ability to decide its own fate or whom it builds relations with, especially if the US is involved. If everything is as it says, though, then ...

invalid

Banned
Daps
If FBA/ADOS wants Continentals to stay out of/stay neutral on FBA/ADOS business, FBA/ADOS needs to stay out of/stay neutral on Continental business. :manny:

voiture

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Isn't South Africa supplying weapons to Russia?
If they are not neutral then it means they are in Russia's camp. They made their bed.

New lines are being drawn Geographically. Pro-West, Pro-Russia/China and neutrals.

Last edited:

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4