US military grounds entire fleet of Osprey aircraft following a deadly crash off the coast of Japan

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
This is the boldface for what they probably encountered...

UNCOMMANDED NACELLE MOVEMENT

1. NACELLE MOVEMENT - ATTEMPT TO OVERRIDE
2. NACELLE CONTROL DISABLE SWITCHES - DEPRESS

Basically...if the nacelles are moving and them bytches don't disengage after pressing the control disable switches...cancel Christmas.

The thing about the CV is that it is designed for low altitude flight as its not pressurized as well.

That means that you will most likely encounter ground effect as well as not have time to ditch safely. Those props are big as fukk and there will be metal, earth, fire, hot liquids, fuel, hydro, etc flying around.

22s are not to be taken lightly.
you seem like you know whats up

why did the military just not abandon this?

This shyt has crashed so much its clearly unstable

detach

Banned
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
OHIO
This is why I don't fw any type of helicopters, even these new ones. Even before Kobe, just looking at a helicopter always had the:hubie:

Daps
Reppin
Occulonimbus edoequus
you seem like you know whats up

why did the military just not abandon this?

This shyt has crashed so much its clearly unstable

Congressional mandate...last one was 2021 and delivers till 2025...SOCOM tapped out and said no more.

Nobody is going to order more as per the most recent Intel.

The clutch and gearbox issues are the elephant in the room...Bell just got awarded a big contract to fix it...I guess to patch these shyts up until they all go to the boneyard or in the ocean.

They (DoD) want the airframe to last into the 2050s.

The Army has the stick right now on the next replacement for vertical airlift.

We'll see.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Congressional mandate...last one was 2021 and delivers till 2025...SOCOM tapped out and said no more.

The clutch and gearbox issues are the elephant in the room...Bell just got awarded a big contract to fix it...I guess to patch these shyts up until they all go to the boneyard or in the ocean.

We'll see.
theres too many conflicts right now for there not to be an alternative

Daps
Reppin
Occulonimbus edoequus
theres too many conflicts right now for there not to be an alternative

That's why COCOMS exist.

These current responses are already playing from decades' old war plans.

Right now the leading edge is heavy in cyber and unmanned technology.

The Army is actually good at it ironically.

I'm sure there will be some unmanned pax delivery system in the future.

Chef

All Star
Daps

We'll see.

That Bell deal makes sense now, when I read it at the time and it said no initial aircraft procurement :what: but if these things are supposed to be island hopping in the pacific, the logistics to keep those things running must be wild.

Chronic

All Star
Daps

We'll see.
Is the new V-280 has the same gearbox problem as V-22?

Son Goku

Great Sage Equalling Heaven
Daps
This is why I don't fw any type of helicopters, even these new ones. Even before Kobe, just looking at a helicopter always had the:hubie:

I know a lot of cats in the Air Force who feel the same way but the 'irony' is that helicopters that can autorotate may be safer than fixed-wing aircraft (read: airplanes) because if a plane loses engines it's prolly going down whereas a helicopter with no engines can essentially coast in neutral to the ground.

Helicopters can also stop in midair, land just about anywhere and don't need a runway, and can climb straight up.

Toe Jay Simpson

Searchin’
Daps
Reppin
Carmel City
Breh that looks like something nikkas knew was going to fail but had to design because Colonel Hapablap was going to raise hell of they told him the truth about it