US military grounds entire fleet of Osprey aircraft following a deadly crash off the coast of Japan

Superstar
Daps
This is the boldface for what they probably encountered...

UNCOMMANDED NACELLE MOVEMENT

1. NACELLE MOVEMENT - ATTEMPT TO OVERRIDE
2. NACELLE CONTROL DISABLE SWITCHES - DEPRESS

Basically...if the nacelles are moving and them bytches don't disengage after pressing the control disable switches...cancel Christmas.

The thing about the CV is that it is designed for low altitude flight as its not pressurized as well.

That means that you will most likely encounter ground effect as well as not have time to ditch safely. Those props are big as fukk and there will be metal, earth, fire, hot liquids, fuel, hydro, etc flying around.

22s are not to be taken lightly.

I’ve always been told that numbers wise (non-combat crashes) they’d technically be the safest. I still prefer the Blackhawks and Chinooks the Army used when we had to get around lol.

OperationNumbNutts

Superstar
Daps
Should have happened decades ago. The military pushed hard for that aircraft knowing all the problems associated with it.

• Dap
Reactions: IVS

chiefdogg

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Marine here there's never an ex, anyways when they first brought these In around 97-98 they asked people in my Squad where I was stationed in Yuma if anyone wanted to volunteer to go on a Flight. Me being me back then was like hell naw!!! One thing you learned in the Corps is to never volunteer for anything. Long story short we had cats in our battalion that volunteered and we never saw them again because the Osprey crashed.amd they died. R.I.P to those that died

chiefdogg

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I was in an F-18 unit. The manuals to maintain that aircraft are constantly being updated.

That aircraft is worse. 10 x worse. And the Marine Corps is cheap when it comes to everything. This shouldn’t come as a surprise. It’s had issues since it was first flown.
I know may have chopped it up, but was you ever in Yuma?

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
I’ve always been told that numbers wise (non-combat crashes) they’d technically be the safest. I still prefer the Blackhawks and Chinooks the Army used when we had to get around lol.
the main reason chinooks stay out the limelight is because of the osprey imo

when i was in hawaii, shyt was :huhldup: every time the weather shifted

Superstar
Daps
the main reason chinooks stay out the limelight is because of the osprey imo

when i was in hawaii, shyt was :huhldup: every time the weather shifted

Once I got used to being in side of one, and accepted the potential of a crash, I had some of the best naps of my life in chinooks. I could see too much from the inside of a. Blackhawk, plus no matter how many times they’d been in one, joes would scream the whole song of “fortunate son” when if we flew with the doors open.

shutterguy

Photographer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
Once I got used to being in side of one, and accepted the potential of a crash, I had some of the best naps of my life in chinooks. I could see too much from the inside of a. Blackhawk, plus no matter how many times they’d been in one, joes would scream the whole song of “fortunate son” when if we flew with the doors open.

Some of my fav helo's. There is guy on YT that bought a Blackhawk and flies it on occasion

Son Goku

Great Sage Equalling Heaven
Daps
I actually knew one of the dudes that passed on last AF crash, and mighta met another one. :mjcry:

Yeah, I flew on a CV and had no issues with it. :yeshrug:

They are mechanically complex and have some of the weaknesses of both planes and choppers. :francis: