Virtua Fighter 5 Ultimate Showdown PS4 Rollcall (free on PS+)

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
I hopped on last night for a decent stint, not having played this game in aeons. Played for like maybe an hour an half-two hours or so collectively and I took no losses as far as sets go. This game, like many other modern fighting games before it is exposing just how lacking fighting game etiquette a lot of ya'll chumps can be. I set up a FT5 room and I'd rock most cats like 2 sets, damn near clean; got a few double Excellences in there (Whilst using Vanessa:wow:, Black Excellences abound:sas1:; Triple entendres, don't as me how:sas2:).

hBuJrWG.gif

Afterwards, muhfukkas run out the room n shyt.:stopitslime::takedat::mjlol: One muhfocka had nerve to luckily get 1 won set in and immediately ran.:why::hhh:

Room is posted as FT5. Why even pop in the room if you can't rock with that?:wtb: SMMFH. Gotdamn scum.

Now that I think about it... I don't even have a stick for PS4
:francis:

Do USB PS4 sticks work on PS4?
:lupe:

You still gon be using that pu putt, bumass, basic bytch Pai?:mjgrin:

Daps
Virtua Fighter done. The franchise is soulless, and is stuck in 1998.

The controls for this game are garbage, they always was but now we can talk about it. They get worse as the series progresses because more moves are added.

If you gonna give a character 100 moves two buttons ain't cutting it. Tekken got this shyt right. Six is too much and two is not enough. DOA also has this problem.

They only using two buttons but giving characters 100 moves. Why not the cut the move list in half and make a new character.

Can't come up with characters fine then let us make our own. I don't want to play as Eileen because she pedo flavored. But I may like her moveset let me put that on a character I created.

Virtua Fighter can learn something from Soul Calibur. Soul Calibur is trash (except 3) but that character creator is goat status. I'm pretty sure the character creation is the only reason Soul Calibur can get sales.

How you gonna say the characters are avatars but not let us create our own characters?

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

The controls for this game are garbage, they always was but now we can talk about it. They get worse as the series progresses because more moves are added.

If you gonna give a character 100 moves two buttons ain't cutting it. Tekken got this shyt right. Six is too much and two is not enough. DOA also has this problem.

They only using two buttons but giving characters 100 moves. Why not the cut the move list in half and make a new character.

Can't come up with characters fine then let us make our own. I don't want to play as Eileen because she pedo flavored. But I may like her moveset let me put that on a character I created.

Virtua Fighter can learn something from Soul Calibur. Soul Calibur is trash (except 3) but that character creator is goat status. I'm pretty sure the character creation is the only reason Soul Calibur can get sales.

How you gonna say the characters are avatars but not let us create our own characters?
:dwillhuh:
VF pioneered customization in fighting games. It literally has a robust character editor, so no one's fighter looks the same.

Also...
P
K
G
P+K
P+G
K+G
P+K+G

There's a lot to the "2" buttons for attacks, you sound like a noob

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ

Hey now. I give Virtua Fighter as a series a lot of shyt, cuz ultimately I am actually quite the dedicated fan, but bad controls is one thing you can't shyt on it from. Sounds like some Git Gud prescription is needed here, man. Also, technically it's 3 buttons, not two. And the movesets are definitely sufficient and don't need any cuts.

Now they did slump the shyt outta it's character creation mode with this re-release. No wonder shyt is free now.

Daps
:dwillhuh:
VF pioneered customization in fighting games. It literally has a robust character editor, so no one's fighter looks the same.

Also...
P
K
G
P+K
P+G
K+G
P+K+G

There's a lot to the "2" buttons for attacks, you sound like a noob

You sound like the people who ruined this franchise. Oblivious.

Two buttons was fine with like 30 moves at best. As movesets get bigger two buttons become more complicated. Obviously you can mix buttons. You can do that in every fighting game that is basic and I'm not explaining that.

P P P P down P is repetitive to pull off online and is straight up encouraging button mashing and punishing button mashing at the same time.

I need the low string but got the slow high P P P P P instead and got countered.

Tekken don't have this problem LP RP down LK RK. Easy and even if you button mash your going to get the low string you want anyway because of no conflicts.

Wrestling games are still fighting games and they did customizations 1st. Besides VF prides itself with being competitive. Then why doesn't it compete with Tekken and Soul Calibur and even DOA?

Soul Calibur had better customizations 15 years ago.

Jacky is the worst Bruce Lee clone because of his persona. In Soul Calibur 4 you can give characters there own voice and personality.

I can make Jacky black but he still Jacky I can't change him. Why? Makes me feel like all I did was create blackface. Also his portrait still shows during fights. Reminding me that no matter how hard I customize him he is still Jacky.

Soul Calibur don't have this problem by simply removing the portrait and name, they let you change gender, create your own portrait and name. Why is this hard for Sega?

Because Sega thinks there cast is what is selling the game. But Sega redesigned Akira to look like Ryu from Street fighter, which tells me that Sega has no faith in Akira.

Akira's classic black and red gi looks cool as shyt too.