DMGAINGREEN

Transitioning from Sec 8 to tha Sky scrapes
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Bronx
tumblr_n2lg0rMU861qa8sljo1_400.gif

Really?

FOMF was not nearly as dope as Hell Is Hot but maybe I was just too young to realize that I hated that era of beats by Swizz, but in the moment I liked that shyt. Would I listen to it now all the way through? Hell no. Did I fukk with these tracks as a young buck? Yep.

:whoo: Taking a further look at tracklist I might have to revoke my previous statement .... it might have not been as good as his debut but that shyt was straight heatrock regardless .

Ready To Meet Him is a personal top 10 rap song for me ... nicca X channeled most of our conscious with that one in terms of decision making :wow:

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
:whoo: Taking a further look at tracklist I might have to revoke my previous statement .... it might have not been as good as his debut but that shyt was straight heatrock regardless .

Ready To Meet Him is a personal top 10 rap song for me ... nicca X channeled most of our conscious with that one in terms of decision making :wow:
I went back and added Ain't No Way too. I left that one out.

With Ready to Meet Him my biggest memory is us doing the beat for that on the tables in the lunch room. Way before Grinding came with from Clipse.

Yeah Ready to Meet Him is a powerful song man. Heavy shyt. That last verse is intense.

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
yeah, you can tell who was in the streets and who was on some suburb shyt by who voting for what.

With that said, Vol. 2 got my vote. I was out partying with dykes and trashing hotel rooms that whole year.

Smoking koolaid colored weed from the colorado mountains out of gravity bongs with white boys and thinking I was gonna die cause I could hear my heart beating and shyt.

Being an hour late for my job every day because Buffy came on at 3 on USA and I had to work 3 to 11 and they just had to deal cause I wasn't missing it.

:heh: no, I'm not voting for DMX. I was severely out of touch.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
i always heard X was the first...maybe he was the first artist that was alive to do it since Makaveli dropped after Pac died...

also X dropped his in a 12 month span and not during the same actual year. Not sure if that factors in as well.
I think you're right on that first part. You're probably right.

You sure about the 2nd?

I remember X's first album definitely dropped in spring/early summer 98 and the 2nd album was out a couple days before Xmas of the same year.

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
tumblr_n2lg0rMU861qa8sljo1_400.gif

Really?

FOMF was not nearly as dope as Hell Is Hot but maybe I was just too young to realize that I hated that era of beats by Swizz, but in the moment I liked that shyt. Would I listen to it now all the way through? Hell no. Did I fukk with these tracks as a young buck? Yep.

Breh. This was an album we were anticipating like crazy. Went and copped the album on release date with my breh who was as big a head as I was. Threw it in and by track 8 we were demoralized and realized that there had been too many meh tracks for this to be a great album.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
Breh. This was an album we were anticipating like crazy. Went and copped the album on release date with my breh who was as big a head as I was. Threw it in and by track 8 we were demoralized and realized that there had been too many meh tracks for this to be a great album.
That's true too. It sure as shyt isn't a classic or anything.

One thing I guess I always assumed wrong on was that Hell Is Hot was also mostly Swizz doing production for, but I guess he just did Ruff Ryders Anthem.

The big reason for the gif is because we agree on damn near everything and I felt like fukking with you.

What happened to Dame Grease?