Walmart puts Black Hair care products behind glass case. Is this Profiling?

tater

Superstar
Daps
No. Walmart locks things up because they lose money if people steal. They can only afford so much shrink on certain items. Those are the items stolen the most, which is why they’re now locked up.

Obviously black hair care products are probably stolen by black people. No ‘cism imo.

At30wecashout

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:rocky:Profiling? Do you know how much that shyt gets stolen?:usure:Hell I worked at Walgreens and we had the same issue. There were somewhat more costly beauty products that had
to go behind glass cause folks would get they rob on in the early am (2-5) and mid day right in front of our faces. Same with deodorant and other things.

Don't blame the store, blame the thieves. You can assume the race you want:hubie:

B86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Da Burgh
There's other things locked up too, but let's be real for a minute...

A lot of people I know swipe shyt from Walmart damn near every time they step foot in that store. I don't know what CACs do when they go in there (I'm sure they steal too) but most people I fukk with are total opposite of CAC, and they stay doing that ignorant shyt, so if Walmart is catching on and doing something about it, :yeshrug:

And what's bad is none of the ones I'm thinking of are even really "broke"...they just do it

At30wecashout

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
BTW, if you need any proof, check the prices of the specialized African hair care products vs the Generic "One size fits all" products.

There is a price premium, and they don't typically go sale crazy with those products. Why lock up $6 pert plus? Now the $16 natural stuff? Yea, thats worth protecting.

MysticMonroe

All Star
Daps
Not really racial profiling. They lock up the items that get stolen the most. Which is why some stores lock up razor blades, condoms, lube, the morning after pill. And sometimes I've seen sensor tags on the expensive white products. The salon brands that are $13 shampoo. They even have sensor tags and the spider tags on hair clippers and flat irons.

But on the other hand, this will lose them money too. Because the first time I see this I'm going to another store. Because I always look at the ingredients to see if petroleum jelly or mineral oil is in them. That's so inconvenient to the workers and customers. Because you know a customer has to wait until they find the person with the key. I get locking the expensive items up. I know some stores lock the condoms up and expensive hair care stuff. But they had $5 stuff behind the glass. I'm not gonna wait long while they find the person with the key to buy a $5 shampoo. I know a few stores that have surveillance cameras in the black hair care aisles.