Walmart puts Black Hair care products behind glass case. Is this Profiling?

Cabbage Patch

The Media scene in V is for Vendetta is the clue
Daps
Reppin
The Last Frontier
all of the 'ethnic' hair care products are on the deep discount shelves where I've lived. Hardly any black folks, so they have to give away black beauty and hygiene products if they want to move them.

OP lives in an area with lots of black folk; unfortunately, they're not the good kind of black folk.

Cabbage Patch

The Media scene in V is for Vendetta is the clue
Daps
Reppin
The Last Frontier
:yeshrug:

Also, i hate people that steal :scust:

2 years ago on Christmas eve i was in Family Dollar pucking up soome last minute stocking stuffers... line was super long... only 2 cashiers .... 2 young girls came in the store and just stole a bunch of batteries off the display :hhh:

They were black. So of course the fiddy wyte people in line are staring at me like :wtb:

I felt embarrassed and i didnt evendo shyt :francis:
White people never intervene. All of their heroics are hypotheticals kept internal until time to brag about what they didnt do, but thought about.

They expected you to do what they didn't have the balls or energy to.

Contrefaire

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
West Coast
Interesting.

This must be new cause I was at Walmart about a month ago to buy some Shea Moisture Leave In Conditioner and didn't see this.

Or this might just be local to that Walmart rather than national.

It's not new and this isn't a "company wide" thing. Walmart has been doing shyt like this for years in lower income areas.

I live in LA and maybe 2.5 years before the (ONLY) local Walmart closed for good (supposedly due to widespread theft), they forced customers to buy certain products within a specific area. I.e, if you were buying cosmetics (makeup/female beauty products) you had to buy shyt at the designated makeup counter. If you wanted Tylenol, condoms or pads you had to check out at the pharmacy, etc.

MollyGalaga

+*++****+*+*+*=*++*.*+
Daps
Reppin
HTX
Id lock that shyt up too
The amount of ignorant ass customers who either steal shyt or take shyt, openit in the store then just leave it on a shelf is ridiculous

Noriega

Simps R Us
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Southside,Chicago
:rocky:Profiling? Do you know how much that shyt gets stolen?:usure:Hell I worked at Walgreens and we had the same issue. There were somewhat more costly beauty products that had
to go behind glass cause folks would get they rob on in the early am (2-5) and mid day right in front of our faces. Same with deodorant and other things.

Don't blame the store, blame the thieves. You can assume the race you want:hubie:
Work at Walgreens as needed(if someone calls off they call me)

Saw a dude stuffing his bag with deodorant and razors, hit em with :birdman:

Dude dropped the bag and ran out the store :pachaha:

King Poetic

My Richness is Life Forever
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
My Life My God
I see no problem with it

My uncle has a small store in the hood and lock up condoms and certain hair products

Not only it will cost him money on his inventory he would eventually would have to raise prices do to theft and he doesn't want to do that cause the elderly depend on him for the little things

At30wecashout

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Work at Walgreens as needed(if someone calls off they call me)

Saw a dude stuffing his bag with deodorant and razors, hit em with :birdman:

Dude dropped the bag and ran out the store :pachaha:
Bleh, we had a couple guys who tag teamed to rip our store off of cigarettes. The liquor display was behind the main cashier so some cheapo shyt like Svedka would require you get behind there to look. One guy would ask from service while the other would grab a few boxes. Took months for management to catch on.

Folks stole the ethnic hair products to the point that the aisle shrunk. Folks were upset....but fact is we weren't selling that much, but the aisle constantly needed restocking.

There was also a crew that came in, stuffed the little hand baskets full, and straight left the store with hygiene products.

DonRe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It’s clearly a racial thing. shyt I’ve seen the baby formula locked up behind a vault with two guards at that Bronx Terminal Babies R Us.

I go to the babies r us up in Yonkers and that ain’t a issue.

It’s moreso the demo that the store is located around.

It’s weird stance to maneuver. Becuase ive seen minrotity owned stores in the hood do the same thing. So what do we do then ?

Oceanicpuppy

Superstar
Daps
They aren’t locked up in my neighborhood and I live in a black area.

:yeshrug: If People were stealing they should make changes. It is also unfair to the rest of the community. If you want to make a purchase you cant because they are constantly out of stock, Especially when some of the products are own by black businesses. So .....:dame:

That said, the area poverty rate maybe very high within the black community there. if so, why is that? That’s direction people should be looking.