Was Atlanta influenced by the West Coast in the early 1990's

mrfortune

All Star
Daps
If that's the case then Schooly D and Ice T invented Drill rap. My dawg there's more to Trap music than just rapping about selling dope.
wtf are you talking about lol. im talking about the beats. too short does not talk about selling drugs lol

Pit Bull

GATOR
Daps
Reppin
Crenshaw Mafia
wtf are you talking about lol. im talking about the beats. too short does not talk about selling drugs lol
Well you still wrong WTF Too Short beat sound like some Trap? :pachaha:

What you talmbout the hi hats? Them shyts wasn't even programmed the same way.

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
I read that before. This article comes from a local el paso newspaper. Hector Gonzales doesn't offer any evidence to support that it started in El Paso. As I said before lowriders were the alternatives to the rake, Which was called the California rake where white boys would lower the front end of there car like this.

60-starliner-2-jpg.2960719

excerpt from lowrider history pride culture

"Rather than the fast looking “California rake,” these young pachucos would drop the back of the car for a sleek, mean look that turned everyone’s head. "

Mexican choose to lower the back of there car and call it a East LA rake,are a "Ranflo" which is a spanglish term for rake.

1209-lrmp-13-o-drifting-on-a-memory-lowrider.jpg
So that's where the term "ranfla" comes from. I've heard that term many times in Chicano rap.

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
nah, J. Prince gave the idea after Harry caught a big fed case, Harry brought Suge in on his own as his little nikka, but Suge rubbed J the wrong way with how reckless he was.

J wasn't trying to get caught up in any bullshyt and wasn't trying to move with Suge at all so he basically told Harry good luck, wish you the best, you don't owe me nothing.

J. Prince also told them to scoop up Dre, and Snoop wasn't in Houston, Big Mike and 3-2 were out in Cali when they linked with Snoop, Snoop was staying with them.

But snoop took a lot more than just "We don't love these hoes" from 3-2

listen to this, now it sounds like 3-2 was rapping like Snoop when it was the opposite

That's what's up. It all comes back around. Those old school rap a lot beats where Dre and GFunk influenced while Mr.3-2's flow influenced Snoop and alot of other artist. It's funny, Big Mello also had the same flow as Mr.3-2.

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
Rap actually comes from the west coast :lolbron:

"The Watts Prophets poets and World's longest performing "Rap" group from Watts, Los Angeles, California, were the first Rap artist to publish the common law trademark word "Rappin™" on an album, establishing the global title of the new American art form called "Rap"."

Socially conscious BARS in 1969 :mjgrin::wow:
every region was technically influenced by tha Coast:troll:

:wow:

Watts Prophets.

Dem nikkas weren't playin....

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
I just wanted to know who came up with those flute-sections so prominent in funk and thus became prominent in G-Funk. Was Clinton and his sound, or was it other bands?

I know that high pitched keyboard squeal that's prominent in every G Funk track from 1991 til 1998 came from The Ohio Players "Funky Worm".

Funky Worm might the single most influential song to any sub genre of hip hop ever.

How many different tracks sampled this one song?