Was No Country For Old Men subliminally about the impending decline of the white population?

MoshpitMazi

Moshpit Gxng/ Anti Fash
Daps
Reppin
Stone Mountain GA
Like beyond all the action and philosophy about mortality, i feel like there’s some slick shots about latinos and whites in this that i may not be fully catching :ohhh:.

People say Anton is a symbol for Death but he can also be a metaphor for Texas and America as a whole since it’s becoming mexiland (that’s ok btw)

don’t mind me tho i’m off a tab

20/10 Movie and top 3 OAT.

Last edited:

Pool_Shark

Can’t move with me in this digital space
Daps
Can see your point. Sucks you calling us beans but alright.

Cormac McCarthy writes some non pc books he wrote this one. Not much else to say. Great movie

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
That's an interesting thought. Someone wrote a paper called, "The Wild West, 9/11, and Mexicans in Cormac McCarthy’s No Country for Old Men", but I can't find a free version to read.

Overanalyze flicks, brehs.

Cormac McCarthy books/movies beg to be overanalyzed. It's a feature, not a bug.

Nero Christ

Sniper out now on all digital platforms brev
Daps
Reppin
St. Lucia

This scene doesn't really state one side is right or wrong but it does subtly hint at what OP is saying. But it's more to do with old men not comprehending or being able to handle what's coming, and if you want to look at it through the lens of old white men...then yes, it does include racism and xenophobia. Their town is getting younger and diverse with more latinos and progressive types where their (old white men) ideals and cultures aren't shared with.

MajesticLion

Superstar
Daps
The "dismal tide" scene + the "you can't stop what's coming" scene + the "nature of you" scene

Nothing subliminal about it.

Mike Nasty

Superstar
Daps
Even if you're right, the old man with cats says it was always fukked up, you just chose to forget the past.

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This movie, at least to me, is clear in stating the transition of an elder generational society that was safer and innocent into a society that is more inviting to unexplainable violence and the presence of evil. Being that the year was 1980 makes this clear of this transition. The 80's was the decade that introduced the crack epidemic, HIV/AIDS, gang migration, and stripped away the view of innocent that America thought of itself as a society. Anton Chigurh was the embodiment of that "evil". Sherriff Ed Tom represent that old society that cannot adapt to this new breed of evil,