We Are In A Transitional Period In The United States & Globally (2016 Reminds Me Of 1968)

SirReginald

The African Diaspora Will Be "ONE" (#PanAfricana)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
I was looking back at the years 1966-1968 the past few months :leon: Yes, there's differences between the two eras. However, there's a lot of similarities :ehh: What do I mean by that? Racial acceptance/equality, tired of establishment politics, Women's rights, and etc:smugfavre: 1968 you had the youth rising up. Same exact thing you have now. Remember, in 1968 with the whole Vietnam issue? How most didn't want us to be in that war. McCarthy and Kennedy opposed that war. Sad, that he was killed at the Ambassador Hotel :mjcry: Now, we have the whole Palestine issue and other countries and the war between us and the 1% :manny:

We will win at the end. Yes, our predecessors fought too, but we have to carry that torch on. So, what do yall think? Also, my parents were teens in the 60's, so I know a lot about that era. They told me their struggles as Back folk and showed me old tapes.

P.S. it reminds me of the Black Panthers with Bro. Stokely Carmichael and Huey Newton and the groups that we have now. There's more groups than the BLM that has a good message. However, some work with the BLM Movement. I know the hate BLM gets and the supposed involvement by Soros. However, I see parallels between the two eras.

SirReginald

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
I've been thinking the same thing...
Funny how history has a weird way of mimicking itself...
Agreed 100% man. Only thing we didn't have was a presidential candidate get capped and etc. However, it's been playing out in a similar way. Especially, with the racial inequality and the people vs the 1%.

SirReginald

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
There are similarities but on a smaller less radical scale. The world was on the brink in the 60's.
TBH, the world knows about the Black struggle and has spoken on it. There's BLM movements around the world or something similar. Also, we have the equal pay issue and etc.

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
Good shyt. I was actually thinking about making a thread like this.

2016 definitely reminds me of 1968 with just the crazy shyt in general thats been happening around the world. From BLM, police shootings and shooting back at police, shady politics, ISIS, Palestine, China wanting south China sea, Donald Trump, all these celebrities dying especially death of Prince, Russia, songs getting more political, terrorist attacks in Europe, UK splitting from UN, war on drugs, the list goes on.

SirReginald

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
There's a good chance we are going to war regardless of who's president.:manny:
What do you mean good chance :heh: We are going to war with Syria and maybe have something pop off with another country (maybe Iran). However, this will be a long fight maybe years of fighting the establishment. I think my predecessors, but that baton has been passed to the next generation (us). I feel the American people are already in a war with the greedy corporate elites who care about money ONLY. So, we'll be in two different wars. Basically, we at war at home.