We Are In A Transitional Period In The United States & Globally (2016 Reminds Me Of 1968)

Ghost Utmost

The Soul of the Internet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the Aether
Why would I ever read all that bullshyt when you are for a maniac like Trump. Everything you type is automatic crap.

NoMoreWhiteWoman2020

RIP Kobe, the best
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CTE
I was looking back at the years 1966-1968 the past few months :leon: Yes, there's differences between the two eras. However, there's a lot of similarities :ehh: What do I mean by that? Racial acceptance/equality, tired of establishment politics, Women's rights, and etc:smugfavre: 1968 you had the youth rising up. Same exact thing you have now. Remember, in 1968 with the whole Vietnam issue? How most didn't want us to be in that war. McCarthy and Kennedy opposed that war. Sad, that he was killed at the Ambassador Hotel :mjcry: Now, we have the whole Palestine issue and other countries and the war between us and the 1% :manny:

We will win at the end. Yes, our predecessors fought too, but we have to carry that torch on. So, what do yall think? Also, my parents were teens in the 60's, so I know a lot about that era. They told me their struggles as Back folk and showed me old tapes.

P.S. it reminds me of the Black Panthers with Bro. Stokely Carmichael and Huey Newton and the groups that we have now. There's more groups than the BLM that has a good message. However, some work with the BLM Movement. I know the hate BLM gets and the supposed involvement by Soros. However, I see parallels between the two eras.
A few points. No it's not the same.

McCarthy and Kennedy opposed Vietnam? The philosophy behind containment disputes that notion. Vietnam is nothing like Palestine :stopitslime:

If our predecessors had won we wouldn't be in the shytshow that is the present.

I also don't like the comparison of BLM and the Panthers. Polar opposites of advocation for black people.

NoMoreWhiteWoman2020

RIP Kobe, the best
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CTE
I was looking back at the years 1966-1968 the past few months :leon: Yes, there's differences between the two eras. However, there's a lot of similarities :ehh: What do I mean by that? Racial acceptance/equality, tired of establishment politics, Women's rights, and etc:smugfavre: 1968 you had the youth rising up. Same exact thing you have now. Remember, in 1968 with the whole Vietnam issue? How most didn't want us to be in that war. McCarthy and Kennedy opposed that war. Sad, that he was killed at the Ambassador Hotel :mjcry: Now, we have the whole Palestine issue and other countries and the war between us and the 1% :manny:

We will win at the end. Yes, our predecessors fought too, but we have to carry that torch on. So, what do yall think? Also, my parents were teens in the 60's, so I know a lot about that era. They told me their struggles as Back folk and showed me old tapes.

P.S. it reminds me of the Black Panthers with Bro. Stokely Carmichael and Huey Newton and the groups that we have now. There's more groups than the BLM that has a good message. However, some work with the BLM Movement. I know the hate BLM gets and the supposed involvement by Soros. However, I see parallels between the two eras.

McCarthy and Kennedy opposed Vietnam? The philosophy behind containment disputes that notion. Vietnam is nothing like Palestine :stopitslime:

I also don't like the comparison of BLM and the Panthers. Polar opposites of advocation for black people.

SirReginald

The African Diaspora Will Be "ONE" (#PanAfricana)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism

Never did I compare Vietnam and Palestine. I tried to make a point about foreign affairs. Also, I'm showing similarities between the Panthers and BLM. That was the point. Also, I thought Kennedy and McCarthy wanted to pull our troops out of Vietnam?

BmoreGorilla

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Man, woman, and child
Tbh I think 1968 was more pivotal. The Cold War, the draft, riots, assassinations. The assassinations of JFK and Malcolm, the Cuban Missile Crisis, and the Civil Rights Movement were still fresh. People keep talking about the violence in Chicago but I read somewhere recently there were over 1,000 murders in 1968. I agree with you tho for the most part

SirReginald

The African Diaspora Will Be "ONE" (#PanAfricana)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
Tbh I think 1968 was more pivotal. The Cold War, the draft, riots, assassinations. The assassinations of JFK and Malcolm, the Cuban Missile Crisis, and the Civil Rights Movement were still fresh. People keep talking about the violence in Chicago but I read somewhere recently there were over 1,000 murders in 1968. I agree with you tho for the most part
True, you have a point. I think we may get in a war with Syria (especially an airstrike). However, I think our war is more at home also. However, I do agree with you on that.

yyy

All Star
Daps
It can't remind you of 1968 because you weren't alive back then...