We Are One: A Global Film Festival on Youtube (Cannes, Sundance, Toronto, Venice) - starting May 29

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
TYMkliF.gif

We Are One: A Global Film Festival is a 10-day digital festival, co-curated by 20 international film festivals from across the world to raise funds for COVID-19 relief efforts.

Discover and watch films during this first ever 10-day global film festival co-curated by over 20 film festivals from across the world, May 29 - June 7. All funds raised during the festival will benefit COVID-19 relief funds. Subscribe to this channel for the latest information on film, talks and schedule. The festival will feature programming curated by the Annecy International Animation Film Festival, Berlin International Film Festival, BFI London Film Festival, Cannes Film Festival, Guadalajara International Film Festival, International Film Festival & Awards Macao (IFFAM), Jerusalem Film Festival, Mumbai Film Festival (MAMI), Karlovy Vary International Film Festival, Locarno Film Festival, Marrakech International Film Festival, New York Film Festival, Rotterdam International Film Festival (IFFR), San Sebastian International Film Festival, Sarajevo Film Festival, Sundance Film Festival, Sydney Film Festival, Tokyo International Film Festival, Toronto International Film Festival, Tribeca Film Festival and Venice Film Festival.

This was reported a while back but it's getting closer and more film festivals are joining in, including my own IFFR. :banderas: Very interested to see the full line-up and a great opportunity for you plebs to see some real out there cinema for a change.

@Zero @StraxStrax @BXKingPin82 @obarth @FlyRy @MartyMcFly @Bryan Danielson @HHR @satam55 @daemonova @Lootpack

You can donate through the Youtube channel if you want but all films will be free.

FromStLouis

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
St. Louis, U.S.A.
:mjlol:Films about a baker making a loaf of bread.

:sitdown: Films from euro directors running from extradition.

Foreign films with tiny yellow subtitles that make me squint. :leostare:

:hhh: Some slow paced coming of age film that involves a road trip.

:birdman:More brits taking ADOS roles, ADOS actors never even got to audition for.

/ I kid, I kid :russ:

TheGodling

Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
@Zero @StraxStrax @BXKingPin82 @obarth @FlyRy @MartyMcFly @Bryan Danielson @HHR @satam55 @daemonova @Lootpack @Deltron @FromStLouis @choc_cardigan

Full schedule is up, brehs! Hope you plebs are ready to upgrade your gray matter. :blessed:

Festival Schedule | We Are One: A Global Film Festival

34 feature films
71 short films
16 panels
14 programs
15 360 VR experiences
4 television shows
3 webseries

They're presenting two feature films I have seen at IFFR this year.:ehh:

Nasir - http://www.weareoneglobalfestival.com/events/nasir-2020
Air Conditioner - http://www.weareoneglobalfestival.com/events/air-conditioner-2020

TheGodling

Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Checking the schedule now, we definitely need to do a watch party for this one. :russ:

http://www.weareoneglobalfestival.com/events/crazy-world-2020

Crazy World

In this freewheeling action flick from Ugandan auteur Nabwana I.G.G. and his no-budget, gonzo super-studio Wakaliwood, a gang of child-snatching mobsters known as the Tiger Mafia hatch a new scheme, premised on the idea that the kids’ blood may have supernatural properties. But they make a fatal mistake when they kidnap the Waka Stars, a team of pint-sized kung-fu masters who soon turn their cunning wits and deadly skills upon their captors. Conceived by Nabwana as a pre-emptive measure to discourage the kidnapping of his own children (seriously), Crazy World is the third Wakaliwood feature to be translated for an international release following Who Killed Captain Alex? and Bad Black, both of which earned accolades and awards at international film festivals around the globe. Featuring a raucous narration from a “video joker,” a hype-man and commentator indebted to Ugandan oral tradition, the film is a bonkers, stylistically ingenious thrill ride that must be experienced to be believed.

:banderas:

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
Checking the schedule now, we definitely need to do a watch party for this one. :russ:

http://www.weareoneglobalfestival.com/events/crazy-world-2020

Crazy World

In this freewheeling action flick from Ugandan auteur Nabwana I.G.G. and his no-budget, gonzo super-studio Wakaliwood, a gang of child-snatching mobsters known as the Tiger Mafia hatch a new scheme, premised on the idea that the kids’ blood may have supernatural properties. But they make a fatal mistake when they kidnap the Waka Stars, a team of pint-sized kung-fu masters who soon turn their cunning wits and deadly skills upon their captors. Conceived by Nabwana as a pre-emptive measure to discourage the kidnapping of his own children (seriously), Crazy World is the third Wakaliwood feature to be translated for an international release following Who Killed Captain Alex? and Bad Black, both of which earned accolades and awards at international film festivals around the globe. Featuring a raucous narration from a “video joker,” a hype-man and commentator indebted to Ugandan oral tradition, the film is a bonkers, stylistically ingenious thrill ride that must be experienced to be believed.

:banderas:

I am 10000% in for this.

The GOAT fukkery I've seen on film in the past few years is still the Ghana Mortal Kombat movie. This looks like it might top that :ohhh:......:russ:.....:feedme:

"YOU WERE BORN TO SEE THIS! :damn:"

I am absolutely fukking sold :deadmanny:

TheGodling

Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
It has started, brehs. Premiering a lot of shorts now (animation and live action), later today they are premiering two feature films including Crazy World (which I mentioned above) but also:

Rudeboy: The Story of Trojan Records

During the late ’60s and early ’70s, a multicultural revolution took place on the dancefloors in Britain—and it couldn’t have happened without Trojan Records. The iconic London-based label had its finger on the pulse of the country’s new wave of Jamaican immigrants, and as quickly as they signed top acts like the Upsetters and Jimmy Cliff, they made their mark on the British youth culture by kicking off a new craze for reggae, dub, rocksteady, and ska.

Combining archival footage with new interviews with legendary artists like Lee “Scratch” Perry, Neville Staple, Marcia Griffiths, Dandy Livingstone, Lloyd Coxsone, and Pauline Black, Rudeboy: The Story of Trojan Records unveils as-yet untold stories behind this fateful period in music history. As director Nicolas Jack Davies charts the rise of the label, he collectively celebrates how this period of immigration and innovation transformed British popular culture and diversified their music.