We Are One: A Global Film Festival on Youtube (Cannes, Sundance, Toronto, Venice) - starting May 29

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
Watching 'Crazy World' now

shyt is WILD.:russ:

The director is narrating/ doing Migos adlibs as the movie goes along. His whole demeanour is :damn:

There's a piracy warning skit that pops up halfway through :dead::dead::dead:

Last edited:

PlayerNinety_Nine

Daps
I'm watching it too. This is the most incredible thing ever. These fools got jokes. :laff:

Tiger Mafia Boss is WHYLING :russ:

Boss: "You kidnapped my nephew? :dahell:He's like a son to me:wtf::mindblown:"

Goon: "Should we let him go, boss? :francis:"

Boss: "fukk it - we're gonna kill him soon anyway:manny: Matter of fact - clap up my brother if he comes back around looking for his kid too :ld: And if you fukk this up - I'm killing all of you *waves handgun*"

I'm :dead:

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
This Rudeboy documentary is really great. Great interviews and good use of reenactment of the times. Crazy to see how important skinheads (non-racist ones) were for the growth of reggae popularity.

Also strongly recommend to check out the three animated shorts below made by DreamWorks studios.

TheGodling

Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Geez, dude just described one of the coldest disses I ever heard in that Rudeboy doc about the downfall of Trojan Records.

'They said to him, Lee, you are an Indian, right? He said, yes I am an Indian. They told him: If you are Indian then why are you trying to run an empire? You should be running a green's grocer shop.'

:picard:

TheGodling

Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Premiering today and remains available for 48 hours afterwards.

Starts at 04:30 PM EST on May 31
AVAILABLE FOR 48 HOURS AFTER PREMIERE

http://www.weareoneglobalfestival.com/events/and-She-Could-Be-Next-2020

And She Could Be Next tells the story of a defiant movement of women of color transforming American politics from the ground up. Filmed during the historic 2018 midterm elections, the series follows organizers and candidates as they fight on behalf of black, brown, immigrant and poor communities–long neglected by politicians and pundits alike. As they harness the power of this New American Majority, And She Could Be Next asks whether democracy can be preserved—and made stronger—by those most marginalized.

Made by a team of women filmmakers of color, And She Could Be Next features history-makers Stacey Abrams, Rashida Tlaib, Lucy McBath, Maria Elena Durazo, Veronica Escobar, Bushra Amiwala, and Nse Ufot.

TheGodling

Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam

In a poetic animation, Comfort Arthur recollects her personal journey with skin bleaching products and questions societal ideals of beauty.

PlayerNinety_Nine

Daps
I watched 'Rudeboy' at the weekend - Musically shyt was dope.

As far as the social climate at the time - it was depressing as hell.

The singers talking about their lives in the UK reminded me so much of how shyt was growing up Black in Britain in the 80's.

TheGodling

Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
I watched 'Rudeboy' at the weekend - Musically shyt was dope.

As far as the social climate at the time - it was depressing as hell.

The singers talking about their lives in the UK reminded me so much of how shyt was growing up Black in Britain in the 80's.
Yeah, really compelling doc.

I highly recommend Blood Rider as well.

Amidst a blood shortage crisis in Nigeria and standstill traffic most hours of the day, it can take over 24 hours to transport blood to patients in critical need. Joseph, one of the city's motorcycle "blood riders,” races to reach hospitals in under an hour. For mothers in labor, this often makes the difference between life and death.

It is 17 minutes long so it's a fast watch but holy shyt it is also intense. :whew:

TheGodling

Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam

Fully restored version of a long lost Indian epic from 1928.:wow: Crazy dope.

TheGodling

Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam

A young boy tends sheep on a hillside in Northern China goes missing. His mute father looks for him with a special way of solving problems: Fisticuffs.

I know the Coli loves themselves some Korean thrillers but when the Chinese get down they put out some great gritty thrillers too. :wow:

Watch it while you can or sleep on it like you plebs have been doing on this whole festival.