We Need The Black Men To Guide These Young Youth (DEAD SERIOUS)

SirReginald

The African Diaspora Will Be "ONE" (#PanAfricana)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
IF YOU GONNA TROLL STAY OUT

You know, yesterday after I saw that thread on the Chicago kidnapping I told my parents we need to do our part and have more leadership :snoop: Now, it's not right when Whites comment crimes on Blacks or vice versa. Our village that we once had is gone. How I grew up is NOT the way these young kids grow up now :snoop: It takes people like myself and you as an adult to atleast have good guidance in a child's life. Some of these kids are fatherless. @SubZero made a good point in his thread yesterday on prisons. We do need criminal justice reform. I plan to atleast help some youth stay on track. I've been volunteering recently and I'd love to do my part. It saddens me that a young kid in the hood chances are slim for a future. Then, the join gangs to have a family and etc.

Yes, I'm saying people like you and I have t stand up (all jokes aside). Let's be honest, it's only gonna get worse from here.

TL15

Veteran
Daps
What have you done? I'm being serious BTW. We get a ton of keyboard activists on this site...but what have you specifically done other than start online chatter. I don't mean ANY of this with any malice. I know you bring up good issues and want to see a change.

I've been a part of the Big Brother program for 5 years in my city, I've helped one kid get a college scholarship, cleaned up graffiti and picked up trash in the worst part of my city, and tried to be a positive influence. IF you aren't actually DOING things (if you are then :salute:), then my advice is to take time this weekend (if not today) to go out and do something and then tell us how it's going. Otherwise it falls on deaf ears.

phobos:\\

All Star
Daps
If you ever ran for office of any type, you'd be condemned by me right on this site.:mjlol:

These kids didn't really do much of anything to the white boy. It wasn't like they stuck a coat hanger up his ass and made him sing a Ku Klux Klan hymn.

It wasn't like they invited him over to play video games, beat and torture him to death and then have sex on his decapitated body.

These kids were just clowning around. And we don't know if the white boy was in on it.

You guys are overreacting over nothing.

SirReginald

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
What have you done? I'm being serious BTW. We get a ton of keyboard activists on this site...but what have you specifically done other than start online chatter. I don't mean ANY of this with any malice. I know you bring up good issues and want to see a change.

I've been a part of the Big Brother program for 5 years in my city, I've helped one kid get a college scholarship, cleaned up graffiti and picked up trash in the worst part of my city, and tried to be a positive influence. IF you aren't actually DOING things (if you are then :salute:), then my advice is to take time this weekend (if not today) to go out and do something and then tell us how it's going. Otherwise it falls on deaf ears.
I've donated and read books to kids. Also, I've fed the homeless too. Salute for being in the BB program breh.

Black Sinatra

Raised Glass to the Squandered Potentials..
Daps
Reppin
DSGB
Each one reach one and each one teach one. My motto. If everybody is reaching for someone (community) and everyone is teaching (collective intelligence) - you can count on a measureable shift into the positive.

:sas1: ay breh....that PK ban fallout might have this thread dry.

Since I have no allegiances...and I enjoy matters of empowerment....proceed. :hubie:

TL15

Veteran
Daps
I've donated and read books to kids. Also, I've fed the homeless too. Salute for being in the BB program breh.

I don't know what city you are in but donating is usually the LEAST effective thing we can do to help black kids. They don't need money/handouts...they need mentorship.

What I would suggest (if you really want to feel a change) is get a kid into a sport, and dedicate your time to taking him to that sport. Find one kid with promise around the age of 9-11 and give him your TIME. Take him to the game. So now every Saturday you are spending 2 hours traveling to a game, watching him play, and taking him home... (or meeting with his parent :whoa: not trying to do anything weird).

The time investment will mean much more. They need consistent interaction. They don't need you to show up once and read books and never be seen again. They need to know "every Saturday I'll be here helping you out". That is how we create change. Once we show them a better way through our consistency. Otherwise they will be at the "reading events" the same amount of times that we are :francis:

SirReginald

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
Each one reach one and each one teach one. My motto. If everybody is reaching for someone (community) and everyone is teaching (collective intelligence) - you can count on a measureable shift into the positive.

:sas1: ay breh....that PK ban fallout might have this thread dry.

Since I have no allegiances...and I enjoy matters of empowerment....proceed. :hubie:
We off those lames. I'm back to serious talk. Let's be honest, these kids already have a strike on them for being in the hood :snoop: shyt is wrong and the system needs changing. However, these kids need proper guidance. I hate seeing Blacks and other POC incarcerated by the White supremacist system that's in force.

jackson35

Banned
Daps
first order of business, you have to round up some brothers who gives a damn about what goes on with black people. then you will have a platform to start. then get some black folks who are consistent about liberating our people from oppression.

SirReginald

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
I don't know what city you are in but donating is usually the LEAST effective thing we can do to help black kids. They don't need money/handouts...they need mentorship.

What I would suggest (if you really want to feel a change) is get a kid into a sport, and dedicate your time to taking him to that sport. Find one kid with promise around the age of 9-11 and give him your TIME. Take him to the game. So now every Saturday you are spending 2 hours traveling to a game, watching him play, and taking him home... (or meeting with his parent :whoa: not trying to do anything weird).

The time investment will mean much more. They need consistent interaction. They don't need you to show up once and read books and never be seen again. They need to know "every Saturday I'll be here helping you out". That is how we create change. Once we show them a better way through our consistency. Otherwise they will be at the "reading events" the same amount of times that we are :francis:
I'm in Portsmouth, so our city isn't that bad like Newport News or Norfolk. Like I told my family, once I get this job (had to leave the last one to take care of my mother) I plan to do more volunteering and go back to college again. I've been thinking of volunteering in the Big Brother or some type of similar program. However, besides sports these kids need to focus on their education. We can have the next Black doctors and lawyers.

cjlaw93

(Black) American
Daps
It takes a video of black on cacs to make a thread about this