We REALLY Need More Black-Americans In The Political Field (We're Slacking)

MegaManX

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
We need someway to counter it. Remember, they only win if we let them.

you can't counter it until you can control the gerrymandering process. This is done through the state legislature. That means you have to hold a majority of state seats to put YOUR GUY in the room making the maps.

In other words, never. Because there is no state in america where blacks are the majority, and even democratic drawn maps disperse black power so the whites can control the party.

Prince Mongo

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Ashlar Hall, Memphis
I'd like you to meet my friend Gerrymander.

Turn out as much as you want, the white boy will win the majority black neighborhood because the way they drew the map
Yep. Couple that with the fact that black people in low income neighborhoods in large part are unaware of local politics, we're fukked up from the jump

For instance, Memphis elected a new mayor in 2015. He's our first white mayor since 1991. He won because black people's votes were divided by 3 different candidates. Keep in mind that Memphis is 65% black, and about 10-15% Hispanic. So the 20% population of white people who live in the inner-city rallied around one candidate. The lack of political organization among the black community in Memphis resulted in a incompetent, unpopular, white boy getting elected

SirReginald

The African Diaspora Will Be "ONE" (#PanAfricana)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
You're really, really bad at bullshytting your way into pretending like you know what youre talking about.
I'm not bullsh-tting because this is the truth. Also, on this issue I DEFINITELY know what I'm talking about. Political power and economic power can be intertwined. Also, we need legislature that can benefit Blacks here and abroad. You have to use foresight brother,

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:gucci:

Black people have the most politicians BY FAR out of all the minorities

Politics doesn't matter because this country inherently had no need for us outside of slavery

:gucci:

Black people still have the most people in the Congress out of all minorities

This country doesn't give a fukk about us because it didn't need us past 1865
Just because there are "more" doesn't mean there are "enough."
Proportionally we should be 14% of Congress, always at least on on the SCOTUS, and proportional on State Supreme Courts, a minimum of 14% of Presidents should be or should have been Black, etc.
Just because we have "some" doesn't mean we shouldn't have "more."

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
I'm not bullsh-tting because this is the truth. Also, on this issue I DEFINITELY know what I'm talking about. Political power and economic power can be intertwined. Also, we need legislature that can benefit Blacks here and abroad. You have to use foresight brother,
You say that we dont have senators and reps....which is wrong in fact and stat, and posted strom thurmond, which has nothing to do with your point....

Its not just this, you're just generally full of shyt and always have been. You can entertain these young dirtbags but you know when you get a reply from someone whos' league you are NOT in.

SirReginald

The African Diaspora Will Be "ONE" (#PanAfricana)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
You say that we dont have senators and reps....which is wrong in fact and stat, and posted strom thurmond, which has nothing to do with your point....

Its not just this, you're just generally full of shyt and always have been. You can entertain these young dirtbags but you know when you get a reply from someone whos' league you are NOT in.
I said we don't have ENOUGH. Please reread my post. Strom Thurmond has a lot to do with it when people like him (he's dead) are passing bills to oppress you.

If you want to debate/dialogue I'm open to it.

Archangel

Banned
Daps
Like I said on here before, the south definitely should have more African Americans in office locally. The majority of us live in the south. If we are gonna inflict economic change, it will have to start down here. We have to elect black people in our local elections first!