• Episode IX - Rise of Skywalker

Votes: 9 17.6%
  • Other (explain in comments)

Votes: 1 2.0%

• Total voters
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I finally saw Rise of Skywalker, and I don't know how I feel about this movie, brehs.
I'm not sure if this one is better or worse than The Last Jedi, but it was definitely disappointing and disjointed.
What was the point of this new trilogy?

Even the prequels (for all their flaws) had a coherent story arc and a clear vision behind them.

What is your personal WOAT Star Wars film?

Notes in spoiler tags:
* I left out the OG Trilogy, since those are almost universally beloved (even if Return of the Jedi is considered weaker than the first two).
* I also left out Revenge of the Sith since that movie is pretty well liked on the Coli and is easily better than the first two prequels. :obama:
* The Force Awakens was... aight. It's better than it's sequels and it was only the first movie in the trilogy, so we still gave it the benefit of the doubt even though there were red flags (like the :mjpls:-ish treatment of Finn, making Rey too strong with no training, Kylo Ren getting punked in the end, and the lack of a Luke/Han/Leia reunion).
* The first half of Rogue One was a mess, but the final battle was fire, and the Vader hallway scene was :banderas:

KevCo

Bond's gun spoke once....
Daps
Reppin
The Weird Side
Easily Episode 2 imho. I just did a rewatch and that movie is trash all the way through without any saving grace like the vader scene in R1, throne room fight in Last Jedi, force skype fight in ROS, etc etc....

KevCo

Daps
Reppin
The Weird Side
Still The Last Jedi, I'm still mad at that shyt. That was my girl's intro to Star Wars and needless to say, she won't watch any of the other movies.

I want a Vader movie with him hunting down Jedi and wrecking shyt, the Vader comics were piff.
Why would you show her that first? At least show force awakens, or the OG trillogy if you had time.

CBoz

We Are NXT!
Daps
Reppin
The NXT Universe
The Last Jedi and here's why.

Ep 1: Darth Maul and the fight saved it.
Ep 2: Yoda using a lightsaber saved it.
Solo: Darth Maul cameo saved it.
Ep 9: Fan service saved it.
Ep 8: Fan disservice ruined it.

When I say "saved it" I mean saved it from being the worst.

All but The Last Jedi had some redeeming qualities. Even the Snoke fight after you break it down was :trash: Those guards had Rey dead a few times.

Last edited:

Heretic

GOLDGANG...
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
Why would you show her that first? At least show force awakens, or the OG trillogy if you had time.
I went to the movies and she wanted to go, and I didn't want to wait for her to watch the other 8. Backwards I know

KevCo

Daps
Reppin
The Weird Side
I went to the movies and she wanted to go, and I didn't want to wait for her to watch the other 8. Backwards I know
Yea that was my friends girlfriends first star wars movie...she refuses to see anymore...his excuse was basically “:francis: didnt think they could fukk it up that bad”

detach

Banned
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
OHIO
Easily Episode 2 imho. I just did a rewatch and that movie is trash all the way through without any saving grace like the vader scene in R1, throne room fight in Last Jedi, force skype fight in ROS, etc etc....

That throne room fight was straight asscheeks.:stopitslime:

ShaDynasty

Chaos Theory Part 1 - The Album
Daps
I think at least Lucas knew what he wanted to do with Attack, even if it was nonsense.

ROS was all over the place.

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Daps
Episode 2 has its moments, the last jedi only has moments that let you down and leave you like:
giphy.gif