Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
I know most of y'all threw Mushoku Tensei to the bushes once it started its SOL arc. But if anyone still has any interest in the series, next episode is Turning Point 3, so the story will finally move forward and the new arc will start and it's not gonna let up for a while.

This week's episode was the strongest of the season too. I'm still surprised they are doing such a 1 to 1 adaptation, Bind gotta be really confident they'll have all the time in the world to adapt this series :heh:

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
I know most of y'all threw Mushoku Tensei to the bushes once it started its SOL arc. But if anyone still has any interest in the series, next episode is Turning Point 3, so the story will finally move forward and the new arc will start and it's not gonna let up for a while.

This week's episode was the strongest of the season too. I'm still surprised they are doing such a 1 to 1 adaptation, Bind gotta be really confident they'll have all the time in the world to adapt this series :heh:
Japan loves its isekais wouldn't surprise me. :manny: I feel like Japan is general is more critical if something isn't faithful like CSM for example.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Japan loves its isekais wouldn't surprise me. :manny: I feel like Japan is general is more critical if something isn't faithful like CSM for example.
I'd love to know what the japanese readership thought of the University volumes. There are four of them and least most of the westerner fans thought they were aight/cool because it was finally some feel good moments. But we were all totally ok with them skipping stuff and fast forwarding to volume 12, which is were the story picks up again and gives the series best content (vol.12 till vol.17) for the anime.

Dedicating 18 anime chapters to the University Arc (Turning Point 3 is still technically part of if) is fukking wild, imo :heh:

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
@42 Monks

Tbh considering that 8bit has worked on the following series just in this year alone and considering how demanding Blue Lock animation is I might check out the manga first tbh

• Syduality Noir
  • Nagi Movie
  • TenSura S3
  • Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei S3
  • Laid Back Camp S3
  • Shy S2
  • Blue Lock S2
TenSura has been a big W for 8Bit, but this is a little over the top since TenSura, Blue Lock and Mahouka are all high demanding adaptations.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Train to the End of the World Episode 6

Great episode as we finally got more details in what lead Youko to run to Ikebukuro. It's one thing to tell your friends that they need to dream more realistically, and typically you try to be more realistic. But Shizuru didn't do that at all she literally shot her down and said you have no chance.

It was extremely insensitive to Shizuru for what she said. She didn't account for Youko's feelings on the matter. No wonder Youko ran away as you can see the tears on her face in their final conversation. This has been a lingering issue for Shizuru as she has mentioned before she didn't ask the girls to come. Nadeshiko trying to get at the matter at hand and Shizuru unfortunately won't open up, and she ends up running away.

There is clearly some issue in the past that happened to Shizuru. Perhaps something to do with something about her abandoning her dreams, and perhaps she had to be more self independent than a girl her age has had to be? Regardless the fight did feel a little silly, but tbh Shizuru's mentally state isn't in the best position, and it was smart for Nadeshiko to let her cool off her head. But the friends need a big heart-to-heart talk and get Shizuru to open up. As Nadeshiko mentions part of the process of being friends is to be able to argue and forgive.

Shizuru runs into zombies and their Zombie Queen Kuroki Mito. Well it's weird how she can act like a normal person minus how she looks like and the rest of the zombies are your definition of what you think a Zombie is. Very curious for next episode.

I love the conversation the 3 girls have. The topic got started by Reimi when she brings up what if Shizuru becomes a zombie. Akira and Nadeshiko's point is that despite what issues might happen we won't abandon Shizuru. She is our friend. She has her faults, but it is nothing that will break their friendship

Screen_Shot_2024-05-06_at_9.10.15_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-05-06_at_9.50.27_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-05-06_at_9.50.46_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-05-06_at_9.55.07_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-05-06_at_9.55.29_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-05-06_at_9.56.26_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-05-06_at_9.56.30_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-05-06_at_10.00.42_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-05-06_at_10.14.20_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-05-06_at_10.16.06_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-05-06_at_10.21.47_AM.png

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Spice & Wolf Episode 6

I give Kraft high respects for standing his ground. Not only in protecting Holo, but refusing to back down from his promise to her. I really love it that when Yarei was selling him on the benefits of handing over Holo, Kraft mentioned keeping your promises. After all that is important for not just every merchant, but each person.

Following that damn Holo's transformation was impressive at the moment and visually. Just the terror from seeing here was adapted well. The fact is she protected him until Marhait and his men came to fetch Kraft.

So the operation was a success in terms of execution. Sadly much like how taxes are for us IRL, and, Kraft and Marhait got his with some costly contract fees. It's the nature of the business, and it's a matter you just have to deal with.

Kraft is crafty as ever requesting pepper. But I love how the moment he read the message, he knew it was Holo. Fantastic ending scene to cap off the episode.

Screen_Shot_2024-05-06_at_3.33.48_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-05-06_at_3.33.55_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-05-06_at_3.34.57_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-05-06_at_3.35.30_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-05-06_at_3.39.19_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-05-06_at_3.39.50_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-05-06_at_3.41.56_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-05-06_at_3.42.56_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-05-06_at_3.43.02_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-05-06_at_3.43.35_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-05-06_at_3.45.35_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-05-06_at_3.53.46_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-05-06_at_3.54.06_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-05-06_at_3.54.17_PM.png

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Just finished watching Liz and the Blue Bird. Which is a feature film in the series Hibike! Euphonium. It sets at the start of Kumiko's 2nd year. But it builds on the arc from Mizore and Nozomi from S2. To put it simply it was beautifully. While the resolution did get solved of Nozomi being there for Mizore. Mizore's issues never got resolved. It's easily a 10/10 film in the performing arts genre. With outstanding movie visuals to boo.

SPOILER_Screen_Shot_2024-05-06_at_8.40.47_PM.png

SPOILER_Screen_Shot_2024-05-06_at_8.40.58_PM.png

We get scenes with Mizore and her kohai Ririka. She tries to get Mizore to help her along with her group, but she pushes her away. Ririka tries as much as she can, but can never get Mizore to join. After hearing Ririka didn't make it in auditions made her empathize with Ririka enough to invite her with her friends. For Mizore this was a big step because she is a very shy girl.

We can understand why Mizore is dependent on Nozomi. Nozomi is her reason for playing music. Liz and the Blue Bird highlights their relationship. But I like how they misinterpret it, it leads to a poor performance. They believe that Mizore is Liz and Nozomi is the Blue bird. It staged that Mizore didn't want to let go of her connection to Nozomi.

SPOILER_Screen_Shot_2024-05-06_at_9.36.52_PM.png

SPOILER_Screen_Shot_2024-05-06_at_9.36.55_PM.png

But in reality Nozomi is Liz and Mizore is the Blue Bird. Mizore's talent in music has vastless potential much like how far the Blue Bird's wings traveled. Meanwhile, for Nozomi just like Liz there is only so much she can go. For Nozomi the reality is to be on Mizore's level of music at this point in their lives is asking way too much. But at the same time it wouldn't be fair to chain Mizore's music potential. She faces reality and prepares for mock exams rather go for music school like Mizore.

Screen_Shot_2024-05-06_at_9.49.39_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-05-06_at_9.49.59_PM.png

At the end of it Nozomi still has her pride as Mizore's friend to not bring her performance down. One thing with this story unlike with Liz and the Blue Bird is that it ends on a positive. While their paths in music are diverging, their friendship is now even stronger. As Mizore shows more signs of being independent and not being strapped by Nozomi.

Screen_Shot_2024-05-06_at_10.11.49_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-05-06_at_10.13.20_PM.png

twan83

GOAT FATHER
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
I'd love to know what the japanese readership thought of the University volumes. There are four of them and least most of the westerner fans thought they were aight/cool because it was finally some feel good moments. But we were all totally ok with them skipping stuff and fast forwarding to volume 12, which is were the story picks up again and gives the series best content (vol.12 till vol.17) for the anime.

Dedicating 18 anime chapters to the University Arc (Turning Point 3 is still technically part of if) is fukking wild, imo :heh:

I haven’t watched this cour but the last cour I did I had no serious issues with it could of been better but good enough for me to enjoy it I don’t expect them to be knee deep in detail for university arc cuz hell in the novel rudeus was even worse off way off when Eris left like
Like @winb83 said u find out why she truly left from her pov and it wasn’t shown cuz how she viewed things from pov from first meeting till she left

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
I haven’t watched this cour but the last cour I did I had no serious issues with it could of been better but good enough for me to enjoy it I don’t expect them to be knee deep in detail for university arc cuz hell in the novel rudeus was even worse off way off when Eris left like
Like @winb83 said u find out why she truly left from her pov and it wasn’t shown cuz how she viewed things from pov from first meeting till she left
It's more of a 1 to 1 to the manga tbh (and I know a lot of MT fans fukking hate the manga adaption because it also skips and changes some stuff :pachaha:). But the anime basically went beat for beat for the Rudeus arc at the University from the LN, the details that are left off aren't meaningful at all, imo. And even though I also have no problem with the slow burn approach they took (I like the series a lot) it's still puzzling to me to dedicated 18 anime chapters to the least interesting part of the series. I'm just surprised they went that route.

Eris stuff will more than likely be an OVA, it makes the most sense as her stuff were basically epilogues in the LN, it was also treating as outside of the main story material.

Givethanks

Superstar
Daps
Just checked out the new seed freedom film. The animation was cool, good way to wrap up the series.

My guy Athrun came in clutch
:wow: