MushroomX

Packers Stockholder
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wisconsin
What kind of show is it? I am seeing a lot talk about it

Comedy/Action with a bit of "The Thing" thrown in. It also blends in a bit of Attack on Titan with it's concept of Teamwork vs. Kaiju. Kafka in a sense is a bit like Deku, albeit more realistic in being a 30 year old dude trying one last time to live up to a dream he set up.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Comedy/Action with a bit of "The Thing" thrown in. It also blends in a bit of Attack on Titan with it's concept of Teamwork vs. Kaiju. Kafka in a sense is a bit like Deku, albeit more realistic in being a 30 year old dude trying one last time to live up to a dream he set up.
I don't think this is a positive considering how people view on Deku in this thread :pachaha:

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Mission: Yozakura Family episode 5 adapted 9,12, 14. IMO transitioning 9 -> 14 was a good call since Seiji gives him the message. A decent portion of 12 was skipped, but you understand why. I think the plan is now to have 2 chapters and include 1 and shorten it. At this point it's clear the manga is the definitive version with that being said I do like how they rearranged the chapters so far. My issue mainly being that they are cheapening the budget for the SoL episodes. Which I understand, but as a manga reader it's slightly disappointing.

This episode's main purpose was to introduce Seiji whom is an old friend of Kyoichiro. Whom will work with Taiyo. I do think the date mission was well done minus the cheap animation towards then end. Mutsumi has that confidence that she can defend herself. Giving Taiyo reassurance was nice. Taiyo is a good man for wanting to make the mission also a memorable date for Mutsumi to remember. It might not have been an ideal date but the ending on the Ferris wheel was very wholesome.

The manga is great, and I do like how they are rearranging the early stuff since it has a very slow start. The series doesn't get you invested till volume 6 of the manga. But it is still one I would wait till the 2nd half of the season starts before watching.

Screen_Shot_2024-05-05_at_9.49.59_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-05-05_at_9.55.51_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-05-05_at_9.56.09_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-05-05_at_9.56.41_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-05-05_at_9.56.43_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-05-05_at_10.07.05_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-05-05_at_10.40.52_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-05-05_at_10.41.54_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-05-05_at_10.46.20_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-05-05_at_10.47.20_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-05-05_at_10.47.34_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-05-05_at_10.47.51_AM.png

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Like a said a few days ago, if it wasn’t for me seeing a twitter thread with someone saying Kaiju 8 is killing Shibuya Incident arc….

I probably wouldn’t have given this show a chance.

But that tweet peaked my curiosity
:mjlol:

Kaiju is a good example of a comfort food series. It's a very 7/10 type of series. Which isn't bad, let's not get ahead of ourselves.

It's a series I would only binge the anime and would NEVER touch the manga because the mangaka is a greedy for how he is milking the manga. Pacing is atrocious, but anime only brehs won't have this issue thankfully.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
:mjlol:

Kaiju is a good example of a comfort food series. It's a very 7/10 type of series. Which isn't bad, let's not get ahead of ourselves.

It's a series I would only binge the anime and would NEVER touch the manga because the mangaka is a greedy for how he is milking the manga. Pacing is atrocious, but anime only brehs won't have this issue thankfully.

#NoReadGang takes no losses

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Finished Hibike! Euphonium S2. This season was outstanding easily 10/10 and S2 for is a classic season in the genre of Performing Arts.

The focus on Kumiko and her older sister Mamiko was great. It's established early that Mamiko is Kumiko's reason for getting interested in the band and eventually playing the Eupho. It is shown back in S1 how Mamiko quit being on the band in high school to focus on school. However, that regret of quitting guilted her and in many ways worsened her relationship with her younger sister as they constantly bickered. Until the two finally come face to face and talk. Mamiko mentions being an adult and thinking listening to her parents was what she needed to do, but seeing Kumiko continue to follow her passion has her feeling regretful.

This carries over so well in the dilemma that faces Asuka-senpai as she faces a situation similar to Mamiko. Her mom had a falling out with her dad when she was very young and despises him. She forcefully tries to get her daughter to quit. Asuka lets her fate be determined by her mother rather easily like Mamiko. Kumiko has a fantastic scene in front of Asuka of not letting her have the same great regret as her sister, and it is executed fantastically. But also demonstrates how much she loves how Asuka plays the Eupho.

Screen_Shot_2024-05-03_at_7.28.42_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-05-03_at_7.40.17_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-05-03_at_7.40.35_PM.png

In the conclusion of this season the club only got Bronze for nationals that is rather disappointing. But to wrap up Asuka's arc there is no surprise that she didn't meet and say hello to her father. It was too much for her to do give the situation with her mother. However, the message that her father passed from sensei to tell her was very clever and meaningful. As the one who brought the Eupho into her life, you can tell the happiness that this message showcases as both a father and a musician. :mjcry:

Screen_Shot_2024-05-05_at_3.10.08_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-05-05_at_3.10.30_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-05-05_at_3.10.33_PM.png

The focus back to Kumiko and Mamiko was well, well done here. As Mamiko for the first time finally comes face to Kumiko's performance. You can tell already this means a lot to Kumiko. But she was waiting for her sister to come talk to her, but she never did. You can't blame Mamiko as they only got bronze she probably didn't know how to approach Kumiko.

But as Kumiko races to her sister. You can feel the emotions she carries and shouts out. Her connection to the band and Eupho that she loves now is all thanks to her older sister. Whom she holds dearly in her heart. Kumiko's arc with her sister wrapping up, and you can see how much she adores her sister. A fantastic scene well executed.

Screen_Shot_2024-05-05_at_3.14.13_PM.png
Screen_Shot_2024-05-05_at_3.14.19_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-05-05_at_3.14.24_PM.png

As the season wraps up and the 3rd years move on you have a fantastic farewell between Kumiko and Asuka. As Kumiko has grown to love the Eupho in many ways she has come to admire Asuka. Slowly bit by bit her performance becomes very similar to her senpai. This scene does a fantastic job at executing how much Asuka was to her as both a mentor and a fellow Eupho player.

She wants to improve and be like her. As expected Asuka kept a cool head in this emotional scene. Giving Kumiko her notebook and giving her the tools to accomplish her task to play just like her.

Screen_Shot_2024-05-05_at_4.04.14_PM.png

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
#NoReadGang takes no losses

Na breh let me bring a list of L's

• Berserk
  • Claymore
  • Soul Eater
  • Promised Netherland
  • Jigokuraku
  • Tokyo Ghoul
  • Tower Of God
There's prob more, but these are the first that come to mind.

Being both an anime and manga enjoyer and experience the greatness of both mediums :blessed:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Na breh let me bring a list of L's

• Berserk
  • Claymore
  • Soul Eater
  • Promised Netherland
  • Jigokuraku
  • Tokyo Ghoul
  • Tower Of God
There's prob more, but these are the first that come to mind.

Being both an anime and manga enjoyer and experience the greatness of both mediums :blessed:
Anime when everything goes right is the superior media in theory but it rarely works out like that. Most of the time anime has to make too many compromises and it degrades the story. The anime onlys don't really know what they're missing though.

The real L is stuff like 86. That's on Novel 12-13. Anime hasn't even really started novel 4 and will it ever even continue? Just seems up in the air. You get a lot of that. Stories sitting in limbo for years. Re:Zero has had 12 novels of content between season 2 and 3 and is 22 novels behind overall.

Having watched Mushoku Tensei first and now going back through reading the novels from volume 1 the novels are notably better than the anime. You get a level of character depth and insight the anime just doesn't have time to present. Before Eris dips the novel gives you a concise summary of her entire perspective on the events from when she met Rudeus to when she leaves. In the anime she basically just leaves and they cut that stuff out.

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
Got damn Ninja Kamui ended fukking hard. Easily one of the best anime to come out this year.

Never had a wack episode.

although the fights without the mecha suits were >>>>>

other than that just amazing. That OP was crazy too.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Anime when everything goes right is the superior media in theory but it rarely works out like that. Most of the time anime has to make too many compromises and it degrades the story. The anime onlys don't really know what they're missing though.

The real L is stuff like 86. That's on Novel 12-13. Anime hasn't even really started novel 4 and will it ever even continue? Just seems up in the air. You get a lot of that. Stories sitting in limbo for years. Re:Zero has had 12 novels of content between season 2 and 3 and is 22 novels behind overall.

Having watched Mushoku Tensei first and now going back through reading the novels from volume 1 the novels are notably better than the anime. You get a level of character depth and insight the anime just doesn't have time to present. Before Eris dips the novel gives you a concise summary of her entire perspective on the events from when she met Rudeus to when she leaves. In the anime she basically just leaves and they cut that stuff out.

Anime is simply more expensive. Recently series like Frieren, Shangri-La Frontier, JJK Apothecary Diaries and this season's Dungeon Meshi are key example of how an anime can not only live up to their source material, but elevate it to an outstanding level. This is a small percentage of adaptations because most don't even live up to their source material. The giant problem with anime is too much is being made. If we have more quality instead of quantity it would help, but not solve that issue.

In general adapting novels for dense series like 86, Unnamed Memory, etc. is hard. Since so many things have to go right. 86 S1 is IMO the best Ln adaptation into anime we have gotten. The big concern is how easy it is for them to fall behind like you said. This is a reality that is inevitable. For 86 to maintain its quality it needs to bring back the staff that worked on S1, and they are overworked. It is ultimately better to wait, so the quality of the adaptation doesn't sink like it did for OPM or MT for example. Frieren is going to face a similar situation. Where IMO waiting even 5 years will be worth it as S2 needs to be of equal quality to S1.

Tbh your Eris point just is a limitation of anime. I feel like prioritizing the advantage of the medium's strength is the best. You can see that with Dandadan in the previews. There is no way in fukking hell the anime can live up to the manga's art. But by simplifying the art design they have the ability to match up to how dynamic the manga is. It's less about whether one medium is better than the other, but understanding our preferences with regard the strength of each medium. After all like you said it's a very small percentage of adaptations where the anime is optimized to be the best medium for the series.