What are some dope smartphone apps you personally use (Read OP INSTRUCTIONS)

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
Let's share the knowledge on APPS you swear by or have made your life easier or have elevated your fukkery level. But please use the Following format

App name: Name of the app
Usage: Brief description of what you use it for and how it's been beneficial to you

It could be any app. A game. Something that help you with you productivity. Some smart reminder apps for the sick clones to take their meds. Tinder to "meet new people". Whatever. I'll start below

intruder

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
App name: IFTTT (short for If This Then That)
Usage: THis app has been a Godsent :blessed: It lets you automate things on your phone to either take action or notify/remind you accordingly. You can create your own IFTT applet too in it.

Examples of Applets I use
  • One location based applet detects when i arrive at work and automatically turn on Wi-fi and turn my ringer to vibrate only
  • Another location based applet detects when i leave work to turn Wi-fi off and turn my ringer back on
  • Another location based applet notifies/reminds me to turn my home security when I drive 1/2 mile away from my house
  • Another one automatically adds any song i like on YOUTUBE to a pre-specified playlist on my Spotify account
Some home security services are letting it use their API to interact with IFTTT letting it enable your alarm system based on conditions you set in case you forget and notifies you when it's done. I can go on and on on ways i have automated my shyt and it all happens without me ever needing to touch the phone.

Last edited:

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
App name: IFTT
Usage: THis app has been a Godsent :blessed: It lets you automate things on your phone to either take action or notify/remind you accordingly. You can create your own IFTT applet too in it.

• One location based applet detects when i'm at work and automatically turn on Wifi and turn my ringer to vibrate only
  • Another location based outlet detects when i leave work to turn wifi off and turn my ringer back on
  • Another location based applet notifies/reminds me to turn my home alarm when I drive 1/2 mile away from my house
  • Another one automatically adds any song i like on YOUTUBE to a specified playlist on my Spotify account
I can go on and on on ways i have automated my shyt and it all happens without me ever needing to touch the phone. I'm also using it on my iphone too for other stuff

You don't say

mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Underdeveloped Minds Research Institute
App name: IFTT

• One location based applet detects when i'm at work and automatically turn on Wifi and turn my ringer to vibrate only
  • Another location based applet detects when i leave work to turn wifi off and turn my ringer back on
  • Another location based applet notifies/reminds me to turn my home alarm when I drive 1/2 mile away from my house
  • Another one automatically adds any song i like on YOUTUBE to a specified playlist on my Spotify account
Some home security services are letting it use their API to interact with IFTT letting it enable your alarm system based on conditions you set in case you forget and notifies you when it's done. I can go on and on on ways i have automated my shyt and it all happens without me ever needing to touch the phone.

:ehh:

intruder

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
App name: bixby
Usage: annoys you to no end and all you have to do is accidentally swipe left on your homescreen :blessed:
Give me an example of how you use it. Is it is supposed to be a reminder app?

poppastoppa

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Crack
App name: Qapital

Usage: This app help those who don't have a clue about how to save money. It is free and FDIC insured up to 250k.
Basically you link this app to your checkings account. You set rules on when to set transfers to this account. You can also set goals that you want to achieve, like I wanna go on vacation I want to save 2000 dollars in two months. It will help you budget that out and initiate transfers to get you to this point.

Examples of rules:

• For every purchase round up to the nearest dollar and transfer the difference;
  • Everytime I go to the movies, transfer 20 dollars;
  • If i watch Netfilx on my smartphone transfer 2 dollars etc.
If you have an issue with saving money, this is a good app to get you started. You can stop the app at anytime from initiating any transfers, and you can cancel pending transfers at anytime.

datnigDASTARDLY

catching pigeons
Daps
App name: IFTTT (short for If This Then That)

• Another location based applet detects when i leave work to turn wifi off and turn my ringer back on
Some home security services are letting it use their API to interact with IFTT letting it enable your alarm system based on conditions you set in case you forget and notifies you when it's done. I can go on and on on ways i have automated my shyt and it all happens without me ever needing to touch the phone.

Doesn't Cortana or Siri (don't have an iPhone) do this same thing? :patrice:

intruder

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
Doesn't Cortana or Siri (don't have an iPhone) do this same thing? :patrice:
These are just some examples on how I use it

You can set it to automatically take certain actions when you receive certain text messages or text messages from certain people with certain contents and on and on and on.

Address_Unknown

Jesus Loves you...Your Cat doesn't. {#Dogset}
Daps
App name = Shazam
OS = Android/apple (assuming)
Useage = Ever heard a song but you don't know what it is or who it's from?? Well Shazam is one of those programs that let try and search for that shyt and five you the source if it can pick it up.

Now I know there are others and I used to use another before Shazam(forgot it's name) but that had to be connected to the Internet for you to use it. Shazam saves the shyt and does the search when you go online if the action was performed while you were offline. Plus good.

It's not a definite hit and remixes/covers might be hard to place since it uses those tags mp3's got....but it's a damned good program. And free.

App - Quickpic
OS - Android/Apple (Assuming)
Useage - If you got tons of pictures/gifs and what's not and like to view 'em often, then chances are you've had the stock photo viewer die ok you or run slowly of your folder is filled (I got over 4k pics in just one folder) to the brim with content.

Quickpic not only handles large galleries with ease, it also has a very capable video player that's currently outperforming both VLC (Which keeps shutting off) and BS media player (which for some reason has been freezing for me lately).

Check it out.

ch15x

Mountaineer
Daps
Reppin
TN (east)
App name: Titan TV
Usage: It's a TV listings app. Just set-up an account, plug in your location, and select the listings you need. I hate having to scroll the TV's guide as its slow and sometimes doesn't list what's on or a description. I also "cut the cord", so this was one of the 1st apps I got.

LiveFromLondon

Superstar
Daps
Annoying ass Peel remote:stopitslime::stopitslime::stopitslime:
Usage:TV remote but decided to become an advertiser evrytime my battery low or just randomly:stopitslime::stopitslime::stopitslime: