What are some dope smartphone apps you personally use (Read OP INSTRUCTIONS)

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
I need an app to manage my bluetooth connections. I've tested a few but cant find one that workd the way i like.

I want it to detect which bluetooth connections are available so that it knows which ones have priority over the other. here are my bluetooth devices
  1. VW1 car
  2. VW2 car
  3. Onyx Bluetooth speaker
  4. Onyx Bluetooth speaker
  5. Beats Bluetooth headset
  6. Work PL Focus headset
  7. Home PL Focus headsed
I wanna be able to set my phone's bluetooth so that it knows the order of which it should connect according to its position on the priority list. Like if it's connected to the Beats headset (p5) as im walking to my car (p1 and p2). Once the car turns on and its BT connection is available it should recognize that and disconnect from Beats and connect to VW1

Any ideas?

Last edited:

poppastoppa

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Crack
I need an app to manage my bluetooth connections. I've tested a few but cant find one that workd the way i like.

I want it to detect which bluetooth connections are available so that it knows which ones have priority over the other. here are my bluetooth devices
  1. VW1 car
  2. VW2 car
  3. Onyx Bluetooth speaker
  4. Onyx Bluetooth speaker
  5. Beats Bluetooth headset
  6. Work PL Focus headset
  7. Home PL Focus headsed
I wanna be able to set my phone's bluetooth so that it knows the order of which it should connect. Like if it's connected to the Beats headset as im walking to my car. Once the car turns on and its BT connection is available it should recognize that and disconnect from Beats and connect to VW1

Any ideas?

Seems like a useful app to develop

DontDoIt

Innocent Bystander
Supporter
Daps
App name: EveryDollar
Usage: I use it for budgeting purposes. I've been spending like crazy. This app allows me to see what I'm throwing away my money on, and in my case it was Food & Dining. The app lets you set your own categories (in a much better way than the other app called Mint) and then link your checking/savings account (paid version) and be alerted when you go beyond your categories limit. I just use the free version and manually enter my expenses because that way is easier to hold myself accountable. I prefer this app over Mint because its much cleaner and easier to navigate. Also no annoying Ad's even with the free version.

poppastoppa

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Crack
App name: IFTTT (short for If This Then That)
Usage: THis app has been a Godsent :blessed: It lets you automate things on your phone to either take action or notify/remind you accordingly. You can create your own IFTT applet too in it.

Examples of Applets I use
  • One location based applet detects when i arrive at work and automatically turn on Wi-fi and turn my ringer to vibrate only
  • Another location based applet detects when i leave work to turn Wi-fi off and turn my ringer back on
  • Another location based applet notifies/reminds me to turn my home security when I drive 1/2 mile away from my house
  • Another one automatically adds any song i like on YOUTUBE to a pre-specified playlist on my Spotify account
Some home security services are letting it use their API to interact with IFTTT letting it enable your alarm system based on conditions you set in case you forget and notifies you when it's done. I can go on and on on ways i have automated my shyt and it all happens without me ever needing to touch the phone.

:dwillhuh: Yo just saw the app you are talking about works along with the app I suggested. You can set saving rules base up your IFTT actions.

Po pimp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chi-Town
App Name: Quik
Usage: Make quick and cool highlight videos of your photos or videos using various filters and layouts. You can even add your own custom music, although there’s music already included.

intruder

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
App Name: Talk
Usage: It can read texts from online articles and read them outloud to you while you drive. Just click on the share link on the article and share it to the app. App retrieves the article and reads it outloud to you.

intruder

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
We need more contributors to this thread

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane
*SD MAID

SD Maid is an app that looks for all of the garbage that you have accumulated on your smartphone over time in order to clean the unnecessary sections and free up space on your phone. It finds things in places that you would never have imagined.

______

*camera block

Block, disable and secure phone camera and protect your privacy from spyware.