What cities/states/regions assimilate transplants the most and least?

JadeB

la force de l'avenir
Daps
California transplants assimilate insanely quick. You'll have a yoga-performing, granola bar-eating, crip-walking surfer dude who you assume grew up there but actually moved there from Wisconsin two years ago. New York brehs will make sure they're from New York even after living in Atlanta for ten years.

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn keeps on taking it.
And no if you lived in ATL for 10 years or you’re approaching half your life living there then your place of origin card should be revoked.

I know New Yorkers who told me they left NY in 1993 and they be in the NY Facebook group telling transplants that they are not real New Yorkers.

Ughh ok ma’am you left NY when it was the crack era.

:unimpressed:

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn keeps on taking it.
California transplants are hard to spot. The black ones are hard to spot too. I met a Mexican here from Compton. Dude was fat, gay and had a bytch voice and worked for VICE.

Met another black lady from Compton. I swear she fit in perfectly. Met another Compton guy years ago when I did Uber. Dude was an intelligent dude and a world traveler.

Daps
Reppin
RENO, Nevada
California transplants are hard to spot. The black ones are hard to spot too. I met a Mexican here from Compton. Dude was fat, gay and had a bytch voice and worked for VICE.

Met another black lady from Compton. I swear she fit in perfectly. Met another Compton guy years ago when I did Uber. Dude was an intelligent dude and a world traveler.
:mjlol::duck:

This site is hilarious

CopiousX

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
California transplants assimilate insanely quick. You'll have a yoga-performing, granola bar-eating, crip-walking surfer dude who you assume grew up there but actually moved there from Wisconsin two years ago. New York brehs will make sure they're from New York even after living in Atlanta for ten years.
Are you already homesick breh? You on vacation in the motherland, during new years, and you making threads about the US?:dwillhuh:

When im abroad, i dont even think about this place until im on the return flight. I dont know how you do it.:pachaha:

Btw, how do yall celebrate new years in Nigeria? I can imagine that eko facility in Lagos gotta be lit up with fireworks right now.:wow:

Unless yall are like ghanians. I knew this ghanian chemEng student during undergrad whose family would spend all of new years eve just praying. No parties or nothing.:hhh:

JadeB

la force de l'avenir
Daps
Are you already homesick breh? You on vacation in the motherland, during new years, and you making threads about the US?:dwillhuh:

When im abroad, i dont even think about this place until im on the return flight. I dont know how you do it.:pachaha:

Btw, how do yall celebrate new years in Nigeria? I can imagine that eko facility in Lagos gotta be lit up with fireworks right now.:wow:

Unless yall are like ghanians. I knew this ghanian chemEng student during undergrad whose family would spend all of new years eve just praying. No parties or nothing.:hhh:
America is so fukked that we have to take a mental vacation from this place:dead:

It's both. If you're less religious than you hit up the fireworks displays, nightclubs, or any of the underground strip clubs. If you're the traditional type, you go to church or (the?) mosque to pray into the New Year. We had a family reunion all new year's eve, so we just relaxed at the Airbnb and watched a rerun of the Chelsea vs Brighton game.

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
I mean flew to seattle..spent 1 night on the street...then got Into a good clean shelter the next day....

Got into a clean subsidies apartment about 4months later due to the Seattle VA...

All the resources...I will have to say

SEATTLE :mjlit: