What do "Thoughts & Prayers" do in these situations, again?

Tair

Superstar
Daps
I am concerned because I live in the Bible belt south which has the largest accumulation of African Americans in the country and most of those African Americans believe that true power lies within their god and activating that power comes through fervent prayer. When the Topps mass shooting happened, my mothers church called an emergency prayer meeting. All of this time spent praying and doing nothing could be used to do SOMETHING PRACTICAL. If we didn't feel the need to rely on a god to meet our needs, we would be a more proactive people. That goes for black people and white people. That is my frustration.

What were you doing?

The Fade

I don’t argue with niqqas on the Internet anymore
Daps
The worst thing is when people send you Bible quotes like that does something as if it’s an incantation. What’s this shytty Shakespearean hard to read, open to interpretation, non definitive shyt supposed to do in this moment

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
OP,
I'm not a scientist but I think there is a good amount of proven data about the power of the will and the mind.

Also history and current events have proven time and time again that religious groups are far from powerless.