What Is A Good Associates Degree To Get To Work In The Political System?

SirReginald

The African Diaspora Will Be "ONE" (#PanAfricana)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
I don't want to go to a university for four years at this point in life (I'd rather do two) . Also, I did well in college the last time I was there and got a certificate for grade satisfactory :jawalrus: Now, I plan to go back to school when I move up North. So, what's a good associates major that can help me in the political field? Because I do want to run for congressman or mayor in the near future:smugfavre: While I also do personal training on the side and volunteer/activism work (community organizer):blessed:

Any ideas? help a brotha out and don't hate TY :salute:

Mr Uncle Leroy

All Star
Daps
I don't want to go to a university for four years at this point in life (I'd rather do two) . Also, I did well in college the last time I was there and got a certificate for grade satisfactory :jawalrus: Now, I plan to go back to school when I move up North. So, what's a good associates major that can help me in the political field? Because I do want to run for congressman or mayor in the near future:smugfavre: While I also do personal training on the side and volunteer/activism work (community organizer):blessed:

Any ideas? help a brotha out and don't hate TY :salute:
poly sci undegrad
then history masters
then juris doctor

cdc

Pro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
14th and Kennedy to Macombos
I personally don't think an AA degree will get you into politics by itself, so just do an AA that you think you would like and can be transferred to a 4 year degree when/if you change your mind later on.

Your best path is get to know people who you can use as references and can support you in the future with advice. Its all about connections. Since you are in VA, I would suggest calling this guys campaign office and volunteering for him so that you can make contacts. Maybe it might even lead to an internship on the Hill. He's almost guaranteed election and will be forming staff. Virginia Likely Gains Second Black Congressman

SirReginald

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
I personally don't think an AA degree will get you into politics by itself, so just do an AA that you think you would like and can be transferred to a 4 year degree when/if you change your mind later on.

Your best path is get to know people who you can use as references and can support you in the future with advice. Its all about connections. Since you are in VA, I would suggest calling this guys campaign office and volunteering for him so that you can make contacts. Maybe it might even lead to an internship on the Hill. He's almost guaranteed election and will be forming staff. Virginia Likely Gains Second Black Congressman
TBH I just don't feel like doing uni at this stage in my life. I know Scott Walker didn't finish uni and he's the Governor of Wisconsin. I just want an AA right now.

SirReginald

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
Then a political career might not be for you. :francis:
There's dudes in politics without a degree. I just want a little something under my belt. Right now, I just don't feel like doing four years of uni. My mind isn't there for that and I'm already burnt out from family and stress.