What Is A Good Associates Degree To Get To Work In The Political System?

Audemar

Superstar
Daps
There's dudes in politics with a degree. I just want a little something under my belt. Right now, I just don't feel like doing four years of uni. My mind isn't there for that and I'm already burnt out from family and stress.
I'm not talking about a degree alone. Many aspects of a political career involve doing things you wouldn't feel like doing. If you're burnt out from family and stress, how do you plan to cope with an entire campaign, for example?

SirReginald

The African Diaspora Will Be "ONE" (#PanAfricana)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
I'm not talking about a degree alone. Many aspects of a political career involve doing things you wouldn't feel like doing. If you're burnt out from family and stress, how do you plan to cope with an entire campaign, for example?
I think people know about my situation on here. What's a good AA to get that involves working with people and etc?

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
political science. i had an internship at the state capitol when i was in community college where you can get an AA. (i got a BA in it tho)

VegasCAC

Leader of #CACset
Supporter
Daps
You can be an activist without an education, but not a politician.

Politics (like almost everything) is about networking. Attending a prestigious (read:Ivy) 4 year undergrad and getting a JD gets you the best connections possible for a future political career.

You can also go to work on the Hill or in your state capital in someone's staff and work your way up, but even that can be hard to do without connections unless you're truly gifted.

Ultimately, no matter what path you take you will be working constantly. If you can't even summon up enough motivation to attend a 4 year state college you're probably not built for politics.

SirReginald

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
You can be an activist without an education, but not a politician.

Politics (like almost everything) is about networking. Attending a prestigious (read:Ivy) 4 year undergrad and getting a JD gets you the best connections possible for a future political career.

You can also go to work on the Hill in someone's staff and work your way up, but even that can be hard to do without connections unless you're truly gifted.

Ultimately, no matter what path you take you will be working constantly. If you can't even summon up enough motivation to attend a 4 year state college you're probably not built for politics.
I want to be a grassroots politician though not an Obama type. Sanders called for his supporters to run for office which I would love to do in the near future as an Independent.

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Can I do online classes on there? I'm moving to Mass, but if I can do online out of state that would be cool.
i think it varies school by school tbh. i never took online classes. my younger cousin takes a lot of online classes because she's always working. i don't think living out of state and taking online classes works. some of them require her to go in and take a test and shyt every now and then.

i'm sure they got schools in mass breh.

SirReginald

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
i think it varies school by school tbh. i never took online classes. my younger cousin takes a lot of online classes because she's always working. i don't think living out of state and taking online classes works. some of them require her to go in and take a test and shyt every now and then.

i'm sure they got schools in mass breh.
They have schools, but I haven't found an AA that can get me in the political and activism realm.

Dr. Acula

ACCEPT JESUS
Supporter
Daps
P.S. I don't want to do 4 year because I'm not trying to go in debt BTW. Already broke enough as it is.
Do two years at a community college (With financial aid, its essentially free) and then transfer to take on as little debt as possible. You're making an investment and if you're serious and motivated enough you should be able to make a payback on it.

Also during this time, do internships and co-ops in the political field. I constantly see congressional intern positions on my school's job website and the like.

If you're trying to learn real political science to give you some good tools to be successful, I think you'd probably want to make the jump to a 4 year degree bruh.

VegasCAC

Leader of #CACset
Supporter
Daps
I want to be a grassroots politician though not an Obama type. Sanders called for his supporters to run for office which I would love to do in the near future as an Independent.

If you want to be a local organizer/activist type of politician the best advice I have is to get involved in your community. Heavily involved. Be everywhere. Make it a full time job. Go door to door registering people, or whatever it is you want to do. Being present when it's time to put in work is important. Show that you can lead small groups of people.Work for a campaign. Intern.

If you must get a 2 year degree, get an AA in Communications or Poli Sci.

SirReginald

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
P.S. I found that there's political science degrees offered on the associates level. However, it's hard to find a lot of schools for that.

PikaDaDon

Thunderbolt Them Suckers
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't think being a politician is the solution. The system itself is broken and would need to be completely revamped.