What is it like being a rich black man outside of sports/entertainment in America?

Memorial Stadium Piru

WE BYKE BABY
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Big Red
I like to go on walks on Sunday evening to think about the pastor's sermon from the morning, and to mentally prepare for the coming week. While walking, I decided to go to 7-11 and buy a Slurpee, because it's hot as hell outside.

While preparing my frosty drink, there was this chick in the candy aisle getting gummy worms. She was RIDICULOUSLY beautiful, smooth mahogany skin, resembled Reagan Gomez in the face a little, thick long locs about a quarter down her back with them gold wrap things on them, big booty jiggling in them grey joggers, large breasts looking so luscious in that button up t-shirt. I wasn't going to holla at her because I was sweaty as hell & wearing Adidas slides, old Champion basketball shorts & a wrinkled white tee a size too small showing my mantitties with a yellowish-brown stain on my chest from the pot roast my mom made today.

So then, I thought to the future. I saw myself 5 years from now, rolling down Biscayne headed to Bal Harbour to blow some bands in a droptop Lambo, with that same chick in the passenger seat rubbing on my thigh and giving me an enchanting smile, Biggie Smalls-Sky's The Limit bumping out the speakers, looking at some nikka in his 1998 Civic, and hitting the 50CentLaughPullOff.gif. I'm never going to be an athlete, and I make R&B music but it's too traditional to ever blow in this 808/sex-driven age, and I only do it for fun and to release creative energy.

I thought some more. I have ambitions to start a tech company, and I'm currently getting my business plan in order. I'm so close to my dreams I can breathe in the vapors. Any well paid brehs on here wanna give their testimony of being a rich nikka in the good ole USA?

twhatever

we had joy we had fun we had seasons in the sun
Daps
I like to go on walks on Sunday evening to think about the pastor's sermon from the morning, and to mentally prepare for the coming week. While walking, I decided to go to 7-11 and buy a Slurpee, because it's hot as hell outside.

While preparing my frosty drink, there was this chick in the candy aisle getting gummy worms. She was RIDICULOUSLY beautiful, smooth mahogany skin, resembled Reagan Gomez in the face a little, thick long locs about a quarter down her back with them gold wrap things on them, big booty jiggling in them grey joggers, large breasts looking so luscious in that button up t-shirt. I wasn't going to holla at her because I was sweaty as hell & wearing Adidas slides, old Champion basketball shorts & a wrinkled white tee a size too small showing my mantitties with a yellowish-brown stain on my chest from the pot roast my mom made today.

So then, I thought to the future. I saw myself 5 years from now, rolling down Biscayne headed to Bal Harbour to blow some bands in a droptop Lambo, with that same chick in the passenger seat rubbing on my thigh and giving me an enchanting smile, Biggie Smalls-Sky's The Limit bumping out the speakers, looking at some nikka in his 1998 Civic, and hitting the 50CentLaughPullOff.gif. I'm never going to be an athlete, and I make R&B music but it's too traditional to ever blow in this 808/sex-driven age, and I only do it for fun and to release creative energy.

I thought some more. I have ambitions to start a tech company, and I'm currently getting my business plan in order. I'm so close to my dreams I can breathe in the vapors. Any well paid brehs on here wanna give their testimony of being a rich nikka in the good ole USA?
Why does making it have to involve shytting on someone else?

BaldingSoHard

Veteran
Daps
I'm not "rich" in the way that one thinks of people who are rich, but I'm probably a top 5 percenter in terms of income and assets for black men.

I will be "rich" in 4-5 years.

It's... fukking wonderful.

I don't really do much, though. I don't go on extravagant vacations or trick on hoes or anything like that. I don't go to clubs or buy expensive clothes. I don't have expensive toys. I guess you could say I'm kind of like a monk, in that I have no ego and pretty basic desires.

I do have a nice house and a nice car and a couple of investment properties, which is cool. I spend a lot on food because that's my thing. I also spend a fair amount on philanthropy, because it would be irresponsible not to.

Overall I'd recommend it.

King of Creampies

Hop in. You coming too!
Daps
Reppin
Wild Hunt
Hrm.

Best way I can describe it is being a black man of means....wealth...

Most people will give you very odd looks and lots of assumptions...

White men will either try to get next to you to see what you do and how you do it.....or be very salty with you on how you do it and get it.

or even a bit of both in my experience. So I tend never to let white men in my social circles at all with the exception of one person whom I did business with a long time ago and that is as far as it goes.

Never had any difficulty with white women....but....

Women of any color are a different story all together and that needs a separate thread on how quite a few but not all women get thirsty. The stories and out right slips of wild and outrageous shyt that comes out of a womans mouth when she IDENTIFYS a black man with wealth is some :picard:

I can say this..people being just "next" to money say/do/act in some stupid fashions.

Turk

Young, Gifted, and Black
Daps
Reppin
Southside
Hrm.

White men will either try to get next to you to see what you do and how you do it.....or be very salty with you on how you do it and get it.

or even a bit of both in my experience. So I tend never to let white men in my social circles at all with the exception of one person whom I did business with a long time ago and that is as far as it goes.

Women of any color are a different story all together and that needs a separate thread on how quite a few but not all women get thirsty. The stories and out right slips of wild and outrageous shyt that comes out of a womans mouth when she IDENTIFYS a black man with wealth is some :picard:

I can say this..people being just "next" to money say/do/act in some stupid fashions.

:feedme: I would love to hear

Reality

Make your own luck.
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm not "rich" in the way that one thinks of people who are rich, but I'm probably a top 5 percenter in terms of income and assets for black men.

I will be "rich" in 4-5 years.

It's... fukking wonderful.

I don't really do much, though. I don't go on extravagant vacations or trick on hoes or anything like that. I don't go to clubs or buy expensive clothes. I don't have expensive toys. I guess you could say I'm kind of like a monk, in that I have no ego and pretty basic desires.

I do have a nice house and a nice car and a couple of investment properties, which is cool. I spend a lot on food because that's my thing. I also spend a fair amount on philanthropy, because it would be irresponsible not to.

Overall I'd recommend it.

Hrm.

Couple questions, no hate, just curious.

What's your yearly income, and how much of it is passive?

What's the net worth looking like? Assets? What percentage of your assets are liquid?

How old are you and where do you live? Self-employed?

Im making like $200k all-in in an expensive city but between school loans and cost of living im not really growing in wealth the way i'd like to. Some days I wanna say fukk it and move somewhere lower key that'll make the process easier, but the other side says i'm putting life on hold and accelerating into middle age doing so, and wouldn't have the same opportunities.

Crispy

Cookie
Daps
Reppin
#GMB OG
I was sweaty as hell & wearing Adidas slides, old Champion basketball shorts & a wrinkled white tee a size too small showing my mantitties with a yellowish-brown stain on my chest from the pot roast my mom made today.
:dead:

shyt ya might want do a little writing on the side also

i seen ya whole story play out in my mind

200.gif

:banderas:

KENNY DA COOKER

HARD ON HOES is not a word it's a LIFESTYLE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
F

don't sell drugs young man...that's not a path you need to take :francis:

BaldingSoHard

Veteran
Daps
Couple questions, no hate, just curious.

What's your yearly income, and how much of it is passive?

What's the net worth looking like? Assets? What percentage of your assets are liquid?

How old are you and where do you live? Self-employed?

Im making like $200k all-in in an expensive city but between school loans and cost of living im not really growing in wealth the way i'd like to. Some days I wanna say fukk it and move somewhere lower key that'll make the process easier, but the other side says i'm putting life on hold and accelerating into middle age doing so, and wouldn't have the same opportunities.

Salary is between 100 and 200 (can't give all the details :scheme:) but I live in AZ which has a very low cost of living.

Passive net-income is low 5-figures (less than 15k annually, probably more if we counted dividend income and capital gains, which I don't).

Net worth is just over a million.

39 years old.

Edit: Percentage of net worth as liquid assets is around 15%. Most of my wealth is real estate and tax advantaged investment accounts.

Last edited:

mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Underdeveloped Minds Research Institute

So, did you get her number, breh? :dahell: