What is the best A Tribe Called Quest album in their discography?

• People's Instinctive Travels and the Paths of Rhythm

• The Low End Theory

• Midnight Marauders

• Beats, Rhymes, and Life

• The Love Movement

• We Got It from Here... Thank You 4 Your Service

Results are only viewable after voting.

boogers

cats rule, dogs drool
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#catset
Apologies if the thread/poll has been done before... Mods feel free to delete if this question is played out!

So, I'm doing a complete re-listen of ATCQ's discography today. I got inspired by the Phife Dawg Forever thread, so I thought I'd see what The Coli thinks their best album is.

Midnight Marauders for me. Period. There is no better Tribe album. Beats, Rhymes, and Life was all right, but MM is Tribe's peak to me. If I had to choose #2 and #3, I'd probably go with People's Instinctive Travels and the Paths of Rhythm for 2, and The Low End Theory for 3.

So how about you? Votes are public. You can change your vote, but you can't see the results without voting.

Tommy Gibbs

All Star
Daps
There is no album that everyone agrees on. Some people have discographies that 95% of people will agree that a particular album is their favorite. Most Nas fans will choose Illmatic. Most PE fans will choose Nation of millions. With Tribe, their first 3 albums were classics, but their fanbase is divided by the first 3. I do know this.. No one ever says The love moment is their favorite album lol. So you didn't even have to list that :russ:. Some people like J Zone and others choose their debut(I love it too). I personally love their 2nd the best, but then MM is them at their peak combining that jazz sound with hard drums and soul while crossing over to the mainstream somewhat. shyt, I can't answer the question

boogers

cats rule, dogs drool
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#catset
There is no album that everyone agrees on. Some people have discographies that 95% of people will agree that a particular album is their favorite. Most Nas fans will choose Illmatic. Most PE fans will choose Nation of millions. With Tribe, their first 3 albums were classics, but their fanbase is divided by the first 3. I do know this.. No one ever says The love moment is their favorite album lol. So you didn't even have to list that :russ:. Some people like J Zone and others choose their debut(I love it too). I personally love their 2nd the best, but then MM is them at their peak combining that jazz sound with hard drums and soul while crossing over to the mainstream somewhat. shyt, I can't answer the question

I agree. It's just for fun man.

As far as PE goes, I think I'm the only PE fan who has There's A Poison Goin' On... as their favorite. AFAIK it was the last PE album with Bomb Squad production, and Chuck was on one on that album. I is a personal favorite.

boogers

cats rule, dogs drool
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#catset

boogers

cats rule, dogs drool
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#catset
I’m still partial to the first joint

It's where it all began. All the magic was there from the beginning... well, except for Phife Dawg. But he admitted he wasn't pulling his weight.

Definitely an 8/10 for me. Only reason it's not 10/10 is because of the two albums that came after it.