What is the best A Tribe Called Quest album in their discography?

• People's Instinctive Travels and the Paths of Rhythm

• The Low End Theory

• Midnight Marauders

• Beats, Rhymes, and Life

• The Love Movement

• We Got It from Here... Thank You 4 Your Service

Results are only viewable after voting.

Tommy Gibbs

All Star
Daps
I agree. It's just for fun man.

As far as PE goes, I think I'm the only PE fan who has There's A Poison Goin' On... as their favorite. AFAIK it was the last PE album with Bomb Squad production, and Chuck was on one on that album. I is a personal favorite.

I have that album and love it. I have all of PE's albums in physical format. All 20+ including side projects lol. My personal fav is Fear of a Black planet.

ShaDynasty

Chaos Theory Part 1 - The Album
Daps
I voted Beats, Rhymes & Life. Technically the previous 2 albums are better but that album is underrated, the production is a step forward and the rhymes are a bit darker. The reunion album was great too.

UNCLE JAM

Pro
Daps
ATribeCalledQuestTheLowEndtheory.jpg

512oeWV2yaL.jpg

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
as of the last few years, Midnight marauders was it for me

but im surprised so many here like it.:whoo:

I always thought the casual go to consensus for many on the internet that it was Low end Theory

boogers

cats rule, dogs drool
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#catset
Some people have discographies that 95% of people will agree that a particular album is their favorite. Most Nas fans will choose Illmatic.

I got alerts cause like 20 more people voted and while re-reading the thread I thought about something.

I think I like Stillmatic a bit more than Illmatic these days. Hear me out :hubie:

Illmatic is obviously a classic for the ages. What else can I really say about it? But I think that Stillmatic, listened to in its proper context (Dec 18th 2001) with Nas's mind-state taken into consideration, Stillmatic might actually usurp it...

I've been fukked over, left for dead, dissed and forgotten
Luck ran out, they hoped that I'd be gone, stiff and rotten
Y'all just piss on me, shyt on me, spit on my grave
Talk about me, laugh behind my back, but in my face
Y'all some well-wishin', friendly-actin', envy-hidin' snakes
With your hands out for my money, man, how much can I take?
People thought Nas was washed. He was still capable of greatness (Nas Is Like) but content to put out mediocre product (You Owe Me). Camel had come for the crown and taken it. The fact that Nasir could not only come back from that, but reclaim his throne, and put out a fukkin heater like Stillmatic has me wondering what was so special about Camel in the first place. Tracks 6, 7, 8, and 9 might be one of the greatest stretches of rapping on an album, ever.

(I take full responsibility for my Nasir stanning in this post. I feel the same about Rakim. I still fw Jay-Z tho.)

Jay-Z-Camels-Come.png

boogers

cats rule, dogs drool
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#catset
I have that album and love it. I have all of PE's albums in physical format. All 20+ including side projects lol. My personal fav is Fear of a Black planet.

I am SO GLAD to meet someone else who has love for that album. It came and went. It was the first album EVER distributed in MP3 format online! It's actually kind of an important footnote in history, given that 95% of people now buy music online. It's a little dated, but it holds up to me. A personal classic.

:blessed:

Rozay Oro

2 Peter 3:9 if you don’t know God
Supporter
Daps
I’m not saying it’s the best but We Got It From Here is so fresh to my ears.

I’d say Low End just for Excursions, Show Business and Check the Rhime alone.

No duds in this tribe discography. Any answer works

tuckgod

The high exalted
Daps
as of the last few years, Midnight marauders was it for me

but im surprised so many here like it.:whoo:

I always thought the casual go to consensus for many on the internet that it was Low end Theory

No the casual has always been MM because that’s when they were at their peak in popularity.

Real Tribe heads know it’s Low End.

semicko82

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I voted Beats, Rhymes & Life. Technically the previous 2 albums are better but that album is underrated, the production is a step forward and the rhymes are a bit darker. The reunion album was great too.
I always thought that album had a darker tone because it was released during the peak of the west coast/east coast beef