What keeps so many black men out of the trades??

MegaTronBomb!

Power is in my hair nikka
Daps
Reppin
From The Westside With Love
It's a combination of us doing to ourselves and the elimination of trade-intensive classes in public schools

there is a wave of blacks from 1964 forward, who damn near abandoned trades...because going to college in their minds was the only way to get a "good job"

Lack of fathers/male role models in many homes is why many young black men missed out on learning trades.....or just the basics of such.

King Poetic

Most Hated
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Near The Lakes
I would guess that mexicans have the trades on lock in your area. I mean like REALLY on lock.

Yeah.. But at the same time nikkas just to lazy and love playing that blame game

The brother who live on my street is 53 and he spent time in jail, so he couldn't get any work..

So what he did he is hit the black church and did this one older lady home improvements from bathroom repairs to her porch...that led to other members having him do jobs.

Last edited:

Razor Reader

Formerly -----
Daps
Reppin
Game, Prosperity and Good Fortune
Idk breh I'm in construction now I'm looking for a way out....pick up another trade

If you can get down with reputable plumbing outfit and get off on your own
:wow:. Plumbing plus entrpenuerial skills prowess=
Money.jpeg

Fun Sized Psycho

Floating on tooth shaped clouds
Supporter
Daps
And just how many Black people do you see working there?

Exactly.

That same mentality that 'Job A is superior to Job B' is why you don't see more Black men in those occupations.

I work for an HVAC Contractor and there are 8 of us there. The rest of the company is Caucasian and 2 Mexicans. 40 people total.​
Can you explain that?
If being an electrician/plumber was more superior than working at UPS, I would think a lot of black men would want those jobs

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks
Fun Sized Psycho said:
Can you explain that?
If being an electrician/plumber was more superior than working at UPS, I would think a lot of black men would want those jobs

Dudes don't want to get their hands/clothing dirty and would rather move boxes/sort mail/drive a big truck around than crawl under a house to install piping or an attic during the summer to fix AC ductwork. These are the top excuses I've heard thus far from my own people.

UPS, around here, pays about $12-20/hr and is strictly part-time which means NO BENEFITS. I know apprentice plumbers making $25 to start working 40+ hours/wk. and basically just run tools back and forth.....AND GET FULL BENEFITS + become members of the local Union.

:snoop:

Razor Reader

Formerly -----
Daps
Reppin
A combination of lack of education and or confidence to work with tools.

We are in the tech age and not many(or not as many as it should)black men know how to use tools, especially in comparison to white men.

This is absolutely tragic.

Razor Reader

Formerly -----
Daps
Reppin
It's a combination of us doing to ourselves and the elimination of trade-intensive classes in public schools

there is a wave of blacks from 1964 forward, who damn near abandoned trades...because going to college in their minds was the only way to get a "good job"

Lack of fathers/male role models in many homes is why many young black men missed out on learning trades.....or just the basics of such.

This needs to change ASAP. There needs to be a movement !

Noriega

Simps R Us
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Southside,Chicago
Because the High schools don’t push it, they rather sell these college dreams to these kids that are unattainable for most. I know a lot of union dudes who make bread, talking bout nikkas who only work 8-9 months outta the year making 95k. Nikkas act like HVAC is the only trade that exist, it’s dozens more that you probably never heard of like boilermaker or machinist.

My girl Dad in a sprinkler fitter union, dude make $51.50 an hour :whew:

“Bu bu buuu I.T. and software engineering is where it’s at ”- typical Coli breh:russell::camby: