What the hell happened to Matthew McConaughey's career? He fell off something serious

ciubaca

Superstar
Daps
some actors fall off after they win an oscar... Natalie Portman is the best example :hhh:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Like it’s been said, he’s at a level where he picks and chooses his roles now. He’s probably got fukk you money at this point plus the Oscar. So if he wants to do a harmony korine movie with snoop then he’ll do that. If he wants to keep doing Lincoln commercials he’ll do that. He’s no longer in the “working actor” category. The benefit of not having to work

hazardous

All Star
Daps
He had an excellent run from 2011-2014. You can probably say he's resting on laurels since he got an Oscar.

I think The Gentlemen which drops soon should give him some momentum again.

Figaro

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 36 Chambers
He had some pretty dope movies before the 1's you mentioned too...Killer Joe, Mud & Lincoln Lawyer :ehh:

Can't front though...he's dropped some serious horse manure recently...Dark Tower, White Boy Rick & Serenity :hhh:

Rev

Bong
Daps
Reppin
Uptown
Like it’s been said, he’s at a level where he picks and chooses his roles now. He’s probably got fukk you money at this point plus the Oscar. So if he wants to do a harmony korine movie with snoop then he’ll do that. If he wants to keep doing Lincoln commercials he’ll do that. He’s no longer in the “working actor” category. The benefit of not having to work
Plus his wife (camila alves) is one of the baddest natural beauties in the history of Hollywood wives. :noah:

hostsamurai

Demon King Of Salvation
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
London
That may be true but I still think he needs to find a better agent or someone to help him pick the right scripts. I don't believe he goes into principal photography thinking "critics are gonna hate this, but at least I'll have fun".

I wish Gyllenhaal would get back to that 2012-2014 run : End of watch, Prisoners, Enemy, Nightcrawler.