• Girlfriends

Votes: 6 4.3%
  • My Wife and Kids

Votes: 12 8.6%

• Total voters
Daps
Reppin
NULL
While it wasn't my favorite show on the list, I cast my vote for Girlfriends. Reasons: Consistency with quality of writing, decent to great character development and progression, strong lead actor (Tracee did a great job), balance of real life issues addressed, realistic amalgamation of diverse characters, and some other factors. Truth be told, if Everybody Hates Chris had put more into character development, they would have taken this. That was the difference-maker for me.

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
how are these second tier? and second to whom? martin? fresh prince?

bernie mack show, everyone hate chris, jamie foxx show etc.. are great to me
I gotta assume (and agree) that the top tier is Good Times, Martin, The Jeffersons, Cosby Show, Fresh Prince, I may be missing something here (I don't consider it top tier personally but a lot of people look at Family Matters as a top tier).

Daps
Reppin
NULL
how are these second tier? and second to whom? martin? fresh prince?

bernie mack show, everyone hate chris, jamie foxx show etc.. are great to me
Martin, Family Matters, Cosby, and Fresh Prince is what I imagine to occupy the 1st tier. If I am correct about that being where OP drew the line, then I'm okay with that.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
How in the world is Family Matters/aka/Urkel Sci-Fi Show a top tier black show?
Honestly, timing had a lot to do with it. There simply were not many other options at the time, so Family Matters was able to become a mainstay in black households and develop that nostalgia factor. That withstanding, what did the show lack? It was funny--actually hilarious at times. It was able to successfully represent issues impacting all generations: elders, parents/middle-aged, young adults, teenagers, and children. To this day, that episode showing school violence still gives me goosebumps. The dynamics between Carl and each of his children. Rachel and her single parent woes were represented. And I haven't even had to mention Urkel, yet. Decent writing. Okay acting. Solid theme/plot choices. AWESOME theme song, lol.

Niqqa You Gay

You fakkit coli nikkas disgust me
Daps
Reppin
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VClxVXrXUH8
Honestly, timing had a lot to do with it. There simply were not many other options at the time, so Family Matters was able to become a mainstay in black households and develop that nostalgia factor. That withstanding, what did the show lack? It was funny--actually hilarious at times. It was able to successfully represent issues impacting all generations: elders, parents/middle-aged, young adults, teenagers, and children. To this day, that episode showing school violence still gives me goosebumps. The dynamics between Carl and each of his children. Rachel and her single parent woes were represented. And I haven't even had to mention Urkel, yet. Decent writing. Okay acting. Solid theme/plot choices. AWESOME theme song, lol.
The first 4 seasons were indeed great. But it went on for a total of 9, and that second half was downright too despicable to have the show be a GOAT