• Girlfriends

Votes: 6 4.3%
  • My Wife and Kids

Votes: 12 8.6%

• Total voters
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The first 4 seasons were indeed great. But it went on for a total of 9, and that second half was downright too despicable to have the show be a GOAT
Yea, you're actually right. I was thinking more about the early seasons. If it had stopped at season 5, then the show would absolutely hold its own in a GOAT discussion. But I didn't even watch the last two seasons, myself. I remember when they announced the show coming to an end. First, I was shocked to hear that it was even still on air. lol. Then I actually tried to get caught up for old times sake. Man, it was unbearable. I just couldn't bring myself to do it.

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Maybe it's in their top tier, but My Wife & Kids might be better than everything else listed.

bigrodthe1

The Kang
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
7mile to SE & Uptown!
I have noticed that cats on here LOVE the Wayan's Brothers but like Ol Otis said it didn't even really get funny until Marlon stopped trying to be so over the top in about the second or third season :martin: Me personally I liked The Steve Harvey show the most out of those. I know cats don't really mess with Steve too much these days but his supporting cast on there were top notch all the way down to Bullethead, Romeo and them :manny:

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
Martin, Family Matters, Cosby, and Fresh Prince is what I imagine to occupy the 1st tier. If I am correct about that being where OP drew the line, then I'm okay with that.
Take out Family Matters but yeah Martin, Fresh Price and Cosby Show are the Holy Trinity of Black Sitcoms. Jeffersons, Good Times, Sanford and Son, and a few others are the pioneers.

martin payne

All Star
Daps
Reppin
los angeles
i wish i could vote for the first half of the jaime fox show (before the asian maid :scusthov:) and the second half of wayans brothers (after the white security guard was replaced with dee).....2 funny ass sitcoms that needed to shake their cast up

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
I love Bernie Mac and Everybody Hates Chris, shyt I love all these shows on the list (Well except Girlfriends which I didn't watch regularly) but they're both a notch below the top 3.
but does being below the top 3 make them 2nd tier tho:why:

if anything shouldnt that still be 1st tier

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
but does being below the top 3 make them 2nd tier tho:why:

if anything shouldnt that still be 1st tier
No because there's a significant gap, imo and generally speaking

The Godfather is arguably top 5 movie ever, The Departed is an amazing movie too, but they're not on the same level though.