What Was The WWE Thinking With These Tag Teams....

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
Y'all know every couple months/years, the WWE gets the idea to start pushing the tag division until they lose interest, but I don't know what they were they were thinking with some of these. Some of these dudes were actually good wrestlers, but the gimmicks :mjlol:

nrgZfYW.jpg

the+heart+throbs.png

I thought the Simon Dean character was goofy as shyt but he could talk enough to pull it off. Then they put the Shane Twins with him, two dudes that looked like twin Goldbergs, but had less charisma than the Basham Brothers :lolbron:

7737933_orig.jpg

The_Gymini_01.jpg

Even guys who people were probably fans of before...you put them in a stable and brands them as The Mexicools :martin:

13151167_999861523431918_453189617_n.jpg

And here we have Mark Jindrak and (R.I.P.) Garrison Cade, two big dudes that you figured Vince would love. Turns out, both at the charisma of a blank sheet of paper, yet continued to be given chances to do something

34_WMXX_03142004rf_157-639414856.jpg

But Cade fared better with Trevor Murdok I guess

09.jpg

The Highlanders....this was just a team you had no reason to cheer nor any reason to boo. A waste. I can hear the crickets already :russell::russell:

1382869590.jpg

Not even Michelle McCool (who lacked a lot of personality even in her LayCool days) could make anybody care about a CAW Sandow and this 1996 Billy Gunn variant K.C. James. I remember them having some good matches with Paul London and Brian Kendrick, but dudes looked too much like WCW Saturday Night jobbers to be taken seriously

36d56528c8b05d7b2315eeb7b27e5b7f37b758cb_hq.jpg

I know there's some other teams that can be mentioned, but these are the ones that stuck out like a sore thumb to me, and reminded me of how dismal a good amount of 04-07 was.

Last edited:

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
Disregarding the gimmick being blatantly racist, the Mexicools stable actually got decent tv time on SD. They really shouldn't be lumped in with these other teams.

That's honestly the sole reason I included them. No reason should they have had 3 dudes that the crowds were still very familiar with even 5 years after WCW and ECW were bought out come in and be put in a gimmick like that.

Reggie

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Virginia
Which is why they should let things develop for a while before they debut another set of titles. They don't have enough talent to have two sets of tag champions and just when the division was getting somewhat deep the brand split negated that. Now we will see them start to put teams together just for the sake of making the division have enough teams.