What would EA be without Apex Legends, Epic without Fortnite, Activision without Warzone, Take two without 2K? Gamers are whiny-the thread.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Ok but those are the outliers for every ONE of those there are 12 failed GAAS that don't capture the public attention.

Just give us good fukking games what's so hard about that? Not everything needs to be a massive AAA.

Mid budget AA TPS shooters died for some odd reason and I don't get it.
AA games all but died off because despite many of ya'll would be chest thumpers of them, ya'll weren't buying them in droves enough to make much of a profit from.

Last edited:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
The sentiment people have for where the industry needs to go and how they spend their money is a direct contradiction
tenor.gif

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
The same could be said for single player games. We don’t talk about 90% of games that release in any given year, regardless of budget.

That ghost of Eden game just came out and no one is talking about it. Alan Wake 2 despite being an award show critical darling went triple plastic. I just had the time of my life playing Prince of Persia Lost Crown, why didn’t anyone buy it? It reviewed well, it wasn’t full price, it had a black lead character…etc.People keep lamenting about AA as if AA games don’t come out every week and people don’t care.

AA these days are just seen as lesser versions of AAA games not it’s own market with its own unique ideas like indie games

People went into a death spiral about sonys last showcase because it didn’t show enough bombastic AAA single player games. The sentiment people have for where the industry needs to go and how they spend their money is a direct contradiction
Yup. You see it on these boards and plenty of other online sectors that gamers favorite game these days are just whining about everything gaming of today while being pseudo purists with nostalgia goggles for the games of yesterday. Add in wanting everything to be both top of the line, inventive and cheap all at the same time.

Easy-E

Suffering From Success | 1316 Days
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Island of Relevancy, Forever
Gamers want their cake and to eat it too with cherry on top and a slice to the side.

The biggest problem with gaming is scale.

The industry is bigger than music and movies combined. And over the years, gaming is trying to find a way to maintain it.

One of the biggest stories should be the fact the Spider Man sequel cost a quarter billion dollars to make and it's basically a quality of life improvement over the first game (that came out in 2018) with new voice actors. Add to the fact 90% of gamers don't finish story based games.

The reason we have GAAS is to maintain revenue on a regular basis.

And there's a huge market for it. Market = a concept YouTuber refuse to add to their "Modern Gaming/AAA Gaming is dying video essays." :mjlol:

I used to play NBA 2K and muh'fukas, this weekend are losing their minds over the shyt 2K is doing to get them to spend money on VC.

:mjlol: And they will buy next year, too.

The reality is there is a small percent of gamers that will spend 5 figures on that game on a yearly basis.

It's the same concept of women telling you one guy spend $50 on their OF.

At that point it doesn't matter if they ain't f*****g or showing ass if they can make the average yearly American salary in one post.

gaming-industry.jpeg

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Yup. You see it on these boards and plenty of other online sectors that gamers favorite game these days are just whining about everything gaming of today while being pseudo purists with nostalgia goggles for the games of yesterday. Add in wanting everything to be both top of the line, inventive and cheap all at the same time.

Japan Studio! :mjcry:

Easy-E

Suffering From Success | 1316 Days
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Island of Relevancy, Forever
The solution is going to be that you can’t really tread the same water another giant is occupying. You can’t impede on the fortnite or warzone audience.

Thats why i keep saying A Twisted Metal game would actually work today. It’s esssentially rocket league with PVP shooting elements. Like helldivers it also has the command code gimmick to do super moves and abilities. There’s also the story aspect thats tied to it

Concord im not really sure about,

Vigilant 8 in 2024 :banderas:

jilla82

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
the internet
all the games noted in the OP have large communities and they love the game :yeshrug:

I play a lot of Fortnite and have no problem buying skins because of all the hours I put in it...
no coincedence Disney invested over $1b into Fortnite

with that said...
only paying attention to AAA's is some goofy normie shyt

Indie games are doing really well

My girl puts in mad hours with Stardew Valley...
game was made by one person and has a decent community as well

Daps
Nintendo fans buy AA games. Big part of their success. Quitting the technological arms race after GameCube flopped had the side benefit of training their fans to value gameplay over graphics.

ColdSlither

Extensive Enterprises
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elizabeth, NJ by way of East Orange
This is an issue I see everywhere. These nostalgia goggles purists who act as if everything was sweet back in the day. I’m growing tired of them in all fandoms.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
This is an issue I see everywhere. These nostalgia goggles purists who act as if everything was sweet back in the day. I’m growing tired of them in all fandoms.

We got 3 sequels of games in 7th gen that all added up to be the length of one major game release now, and they all played and looked almost exactly the same lol