What You Get Now Is Just A Preview: New England Patriots vs. Denver Broncos Game Thread

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

William F. Russell

11x Champion; 5x MVP; 1st Black Coach
Supporter
Daps
NFL10.png

The 8-5 Denver Broncos host Bill Belichick and the 11-2 New England Patriots in a late-season matchup that has crucial playoffs implications. Moreover, this could be a matchup in the later stages in the AFC playoffs.

A win for the home team brings them one step closer to securing a wildcard spot. And they'll need it because the remainder of their schedule is BRUTAL (Chiefs and Raiders). And they'll have to close out the season strongly if they want playoff football.

An away win for the AFC East leaders virtually guarantees them the number one playoff seed, a first-round bye, and homefield advantage throughout the playoffs. The Pats are coming off a big-time MNF win against the Ravens, despite serious special teams fukk ups, half-assing WRs, and the long-term absence of Gronk.

Denver will have to rely on defense to beat the Patriots. Denver's pass defense is tough but their run defense, not so much. For all their defensive greatness, they are 29th this season against the run, allowing 127.2 yards per game. The Patriots, on the other hand, are 7th in the NFL offensively with an average of 115.5 rushing yards per game.

Tom Brady is having another MVP-caliber season (22 TDs, 2 INTs, 113.6 QBR) and has famously had big games against the Broncos. In his last 10 games against them, Brady has 21 TDs and 2 INTs. LeGarrette Blount is having his best pro season by far with 1,029 rushing yards and 14 TDs while rushing for 4.1 yards per carry. Furthermore, Dion Lewis is rounding back into form and is averaging 4.6 yards per carry. And Belichick just claimed former Cardinals WR Michael Floyd.

Will the Patriots defense be able to shut down the Broncos offense? Can the Broncos defense stifle the Patriots run game? Can the Patriots seize complete control of the AFC? Can the Broncos live to see another day?

My #Brehtriots:salute:
@Ill @Abogado @cook @SchoolboyC @R.E.N. Spells Ren @Raquinotj @PremierDaTruth @JLR Steez @Warren @KevJ @TheKang @Listen @Stress Welker @brunbear @jdubnyce @Wachaveli @BucciMane @naijaboi @Roid Jones @Brady-Carter @Broke Wave @The Entity @MJX @I AM WARHOL @KevCo @Card Holder @Air Game Rule @AlldayNE @-DMP- @chief_keef_stan @Monoblock @YoungMonkeyCashMonkeyBoy @Bernie Madoff @ANNE FRANK @Listen @KOOL-AID @aceboon @JBone4eva @KushSkywalker @TheKang @Turk @YEAHitsHER @GrindtooFilthy @jimihendrixheadband @34TheTruth @JJ_ALL_DAY @Grano-Grano @patscorpio @livindajetlife

Broncos brehs...
@Ineedmoney504 @Bless't @JUSE_HEDD @T.he I.nformant @LastEmperor2k2 @Rigamortus @Ebonic Plague @Momentum @KingBenji @Destined-2-Shine_HNIC @YaBishh @Stone @Mastamind

The game is on at 4:25pm.

Last edited:

William F. Russell

11x Champion; 5x MVP; 1st Black Coach
Supporter
Daps
Hopefully Blount and Lewis have a good game. And I hope that the Patriots secondary D doesn't make Siemian look like Elway. If we lose, it's because of our self-inflicted fukk ups. I just can't see Siemian beating our defense.

BucciMane

Kristina Schulman Bro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Real Titletown
I never like making predictions about the Patriots, but I'll go with the following:

Patriots: 38
Bronchoes: 13

Brady: 31/42, 352 yards, four TD's.
Blount: 24 carries, 132 yards.

Defense: Three forced turnovers.

Oh and:

Cyrus Jones kickoff return for a TD.:lolbron:.

:blessed::blessed::blessed::blessed::blessed::blessed:

Rigamortus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Mile High City
No o-line, no running game and no LBs. :mjcry:

Only bright spot is Siemian. He single handedly won us that game against KC but defense and co blew it for us. Would've won led us over Tennessee but Derby fukked up.

If we somehow go 3-0 to close out the season throw the checkbook at him.

Should be a good game though. On paper we match up well against NE and they always play like shyt here. We need this win or season is over. :ehh: