• Total voters

old boy

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
brooklyn
yall already know i went with buffalo haha

repped for the dope thread because i just got up on some music & rappers i ain't even know about

28 Gramz

How U Luv That???
Daps
Reppin
Tre-4,North Carolina
I was going more for cities that never made a big splash in hip-hop.

Memphis and Detroit are on fire with new waves but these cities been had notable scenes and stars since the 90’s.

Memphis yeah they've always been somewhat relevant since 8ball n Mjg, 36 into Dolph, Yo Gotti and now the new era but Detroit never really had that outside of Eminem and Big Sean. I'm talking about a wave of young nikkas and different crews making noise and influencing the culture. That didn't happen for the D until a couple of years ago.

March Madness

All Star
Daps
its probably Alabama...
but Jacksonvile my favorite out the bunch.

i remember when all Buffalo had was Dr.X :wow:

Last edited:

TheYoungPolitician

Keepin It 3Hunna, Fam
Daps
Although I'm not surprised because of where we are, Buffalo is only serving one slice of the pie, everybody's in that same bag from there right now. Jacksonville rap is a bunch of terrorists and YK Osiris.

Mobile, Louisville, North Carolina are def coming up and have a range of different styles/artists poppin right now.

When it comes to the Midwest though...the OG Chicago Drill style was adopted outright by most cities, but Detroit kept their own style intact throughout it all thanks to DBCO and Team Eastside.

When Detroit's turn came up in 2017, the only places in the Midwest really tapped in outside of Michigan were parts of Ohio (Akron/Canton, Toledo, Dayton, Youngstown, Columbus only) and Milwaukee (lil buzz in Minnesota but not like the other regions). Oakland had long been tapped in but LA started to catch on later that year, and then Cleveland started to really tap in.

I think you can include Flint in the new group of cities. They had Dayton Family years ago, but never had a run like Rio, YN Jay, BFB Da Packman and everybody else (even Miles Bridges lol) is giving them right now.