What’s up with black folk moving to Mexico?

TheJet

Superstar
Daps
I think the point is to live how you want. if you want an ocean side villa for a fraction of the price , do just that. who gives a fukk who likes you are not? live your life and don't worry about that. some people are choosing cheaper places because they work remote and make U.S dollars. That goes a long way, and you can actually save much more. I bet the medical and dental is a hell of a lot cheaper too. While you're thinking about 'who likes me', folks are thinking about necessities and essentials.
Cost of living is a lot lower. And I think the year round hot weather got these jawns more friendly too. With the humidity you just gotta make sure your balls fresh tho.

I ain't gon front, there was an adjustment period to the culture. They way more laid back and be on that "Caribbean time" bullshyt which will drive you loco if you used to a fast pace.

Last edited:

abominable1

the fukkery, the sweet ,sweet fukkery
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
@RGM
I got a few posts in the travel thread and the thread about the breh killed in Columbia .
My wife and i Bought a place on the island of Cozumel Mexico and doing a slow reno to get tax benefits.
should be finished by 2025.

cruise port - 30,000 expats out of 100,000 total - so many people from Texas , they have a development named Corpus Christy
We are with the locals where we live so it helps to know a little Spanish.
Very low crime rate

water bill here in the states about $60 per month:sas1:
water bill for the year in Mexico $120:sas2: ( now we do have to buy drinking water but you 5 gallons for 10 pesos about .50 cents)

my taxes for the year here $2750:sas1:
My taxes in Mexico for the year $300:sas2:

electric bill for the year here about 75 to 250 per month depending on time of year :sas1: has been $400 for one month when we had they cold snap back in 2018
My electric bill for the year in Mexico $250:sas2:

Once you start getting local prices , your whole prospective changes
food is cheaper - we eat out everyday . most expensive bills are taxis and the internet and maybe some groceries.

you have to have your expectations settled , - we have a Sam's club and that's it
you ain't gonna have all the bells and whistles like you do in the states
and an amazon Mexico
but when we retire , we will not care and will enjoy the slow pace and talking shyt to tourists

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I’m seeing it daily either on YouTube or on TikTok.

is Mexico popping like that or is it another “trend” thing?

Don't let tik tok fool you. I use to work (at facilities and seeing suppliers) and live in Mexico before covid. Very, very, very, very few black folks live in Mexico including afro Mexicans who been there since slavery.

Majority of black foreigners in Mexico are Africans or from the Caribbean. The majority afro Mexicans live on the coast where their ancestors were originally brought there during slavery. Think of places like veracruz.

Finally and I am gonna be real the majority of black Americans in Mexico are there on vacation or there for mexical tourism (especially BBL, lipo, dental work and IVF).

For example go to Tijuana. You will see more sistas at the border leaving Tijuana or at the plastic surgery clinics in Tijuana than you will see sistas out and about in San Diego..:pachaha:

Last edited:

Canon

Veteran
Daps
people with remote jobs
you can rent this for 900
dope nightlife
dope restaurants/beaches/ perfect weather

playa del carmen the spot right now
Villa-Pearl-670x380.jpg
:jbhmm:

Rusty$hackleford

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PHX
I'm here pretty much fulltime. I'm not a citizen yet so I have to make border runs every 6 months.
Thats cool man, whereabouts?
I'm sure it's probably a bad idea to flout the laws as a noncitizen, but is that absolutely necessary? I mean, do they check routinely and what would happen if you overstay? Do you routinely get checked about your visa/immigration status down there?

Daps
So lemme get this straight…

nikkax who actually live or have spent substantial time are saying they’re happy and scary nikkax who would be successful at being failures anywhere on earth who have never been to Mexico are saying…

Leao2005

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Don't let tik tok fool you. I use to work (at facilities and seeing suppliers) and live in Mexico before covid. Very, very, very, very few black folks live in Mexico including afro Mexicans who been there since slavery.

Majority of black foreigners in Mexico are Africans or from the Caribbean. The majority afro Mexicans live on the coast where their ancestors were originally brought there during slavery. Think of places like veracruz.

Finally and I am gonna be real the majority of black Americans in Mexico are there on vacation or there for mexical tourism (especially BBL, lipo, dental work and IVF).

For example go to Tijuana. You will see more sistas at the border leaving Tijuana or at the plastic surgery clinics in Tijuana than you will see sistas out and about in San Diego..:pachaha:
Only been seen "ADOS" not really africans moving .... some carribeans tho people moving tho...

I knew something was up. Its mainly young black dudes and women I see moving

Leao2005

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Just got off the phone with a breh who told me his coworker was "living it up in Mexico City"
From my experience in LA with Mexicans I would assume living there outside of resort areas would be :mjpls: central
But maybe the chicanos ain't representative of how mexicans feel about us
I mean one of their first presidents was black

JadeB

la force de l'avenir
Daps
Just got off the phone with a breh who told me his coworker was "living it up in Mexico City"
From my experience in LA with Mexicans I would assume living there outside of resort areas would be :mjpls: central
But maybe the chicanos ain't representative of how mexicans feel about us
Definitely not representative. The divide between Chicanos/pochos/US Latinos period and Latin Americans in Latin America is big. Look at r/asklatinamerica for example.