Religion/Spirituality what's with all the atheists on the coli?

PoorAndDangerous

Superstar
Daps
We off god? :lupe:
Yeah religion lost all cred with me. I can still believe in a god but going to church and all that been a distant memory.
How do you define God without the context of religion? What qualities does your God have without a holy book to describe it? At the end of the day it’s really just a security blanket for people but I have no problems with people who just want to believe in a higher power but like you all said organized religion is trash

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
I know one thing, there is absolutely no reason to believe in creator god/some person sitting upon high listening to your prayers...I won’t go back and forth with folks who do believe in that as I’m not going to sit and attack someone’s beliefs, but best believe I’m questioning critical reasoning skills...

If god to you is more of an energy, I can dig that

analog

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
I know one thing, there is absolutely no reason to believe in creator god/some person sitting upon high listening to your prayers...I won’t go back and forth with folks who do believe in that as I’m not going to sit and attack someone’s beliefs, but best believe I’m questioning critical reasoning skills...

If god to you is more of an energy, I can dig that
I was with you completely until that last sentence. What does God being an energy mean and what's the argument for it? Can it be demonstrated?

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
I was with you completely until that last sentence. What does God being an energy mean and what's the argument for it? Can it be demonstrated?
some people believe in the power of good and/or negative energies/thinking/etc. if you feel the need to label positive energies as "god", then i get it, it's an easy way to containerize that concept. it doesn't mean you think god is a being, god is just the label for the positive

analog

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
some people believe in the power of good and/or negative energies/thinking/etc. if you feel the need to label positive energies as "god", then i get it, it's an easy way to containerize that concept. it doesn't mean you think god is a being, god is just the label for the positive
Ahhh... sounds like something people that aren't completely comfortable with letting go of "God" resort to.

Calmye

Cali born Cali bred
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
Every time I make a thread about Jesus they pour in feeling the need to defend their belief in not believing. Is this not a predominantly black forum discussing issues on anything from music to politics from the view point of younger black males? When did it become the norm to not believe in God in the black and hiphop community?
@Outlaw You neg this comment for what? This was in 2013 when this forum wasn't full of Cac SJW "men" on their knees.

Why did you neg this comment from 2013?

Calmye

Cali born Cali bred
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
Ahhh... sounds like something people that aren't completely comfortable with letting go of "God" resort to.
That's for people who where raised praising God but still want to fit in the SJW crowd.

Calmye

Cali born Cali bred
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
Because you’re a trump supporter it’s neg on site
So you push a button on your phone when you disagree with people politically? But do you have anything to add about the comment you negged or do you just randomly just neg posts without reading? Also do you actually believe being negged on this site means anything? Check my dap to post ratio. Your little neg parties have zero affect on real life. Just like your silly little juvenile ideas on politics mean little in real life.

Outlaw

New Hope For the HaveNotz
Daps
Reppin
Buzz City, NC :blessed:
So you push a button on your phone when you disagree with people politically? But do you have anything to add about the comment you negged or do you just randomly just neg posts without reading? Also do you actually believe being negged on this site means anything? Check my dap to post ratio. Your little neg parties have zero affect on real life. Just like your silly little juvenile ideas on politics mean little in real life.
evidently it does as shown by how emotional you’re acting after I negged you
:mjlol:
Trump being President has ruined and is ruining a lot of lives. So fukk you and anyone that voted for him

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
@Outlaw You neg this comment for what? This was in 2013 when this forum wasn't full of Cac SJW "men" on their knees.

Why did you neg this comment from 2013?
I've been a member since 2003, I learned back in probably 07 that this community was mostly cacs so you're late as fukk...
Wait so you are a trump supporter :dahell:

Politically speaking, you capping for a guy who created a Muslim ban? A guy who said there's good ppl on both sides at a nazi rally? Told the police to be rougher with civilians aka George floyd type shyt. You ignoring all that for a tax come up? Im sorry bruh but that's c00n shyt. You looking like every hand picked negro they trot out who be talking about what the Democrats do for you. I know they didn't create a Muslim ban or claim to build a wall to keep Latinos out (just the worst kind of course which is anyone who tries) the entire racial divide was created by the ancestors of white supremacist who have occupied both parties over the centuries. The majority of those descendants are Republicans today and this was never a secret. The nazi's after the war set up shop in Argentina and killed off all black life in the country. That's a secret, you capping for those types and you ain't enoit

Adeptus Astartes

Loyal servant of the God-Brehmperor
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Imperium of Man
Church can be good for children. Gives community and guidance outside the home. Then you grow up and realize it's all bullshyt, like Santa Claus.

You should retain your good nature because of empathy for your fellow man. You shouldn't need fear of hell and men in collars and stoals reading from ancient fairytales to give you moral guidance. Philosophy is philosophy. It doesn't require the supernatural.

Calmye

Cali born Cali bred
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
evidently it does as shown by how emotional you’re acting after I negged you
:mjlol:
Trump being President has ruined and is ruining a lot of lives. So fukk you and anyone that voted for him
You live on the internet so much that you consider normal conversational engagement as being over emotional? Please get off your knees and understand your worth. You're a man not a lonely single mom. You're better than this. Log off and call a friend.