When Did Ye Surpass Jay ?

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
all of that has absolutely nothing to do with Ye and Hov who we are talking about in 2007-2010 when pirating and bootlegs was legit at its highest.

Ye was literally a cross genre rapper at the time and had all media outlets riding his dikk.

Op asked when do you think Ye became more popular to Hov? Not anybody else. Not Nelly or 50. Not how you feel about Ye in 2022 but a specific timeframe for two specific rappers and I said 2007-2010 which during that time Ye sold more albums and had more charting singles than Hov.

All this straw man and gish gallop you’ve done didn’t answer OP topic at all. But go on and cook

And all I'm saying is how ridiculous of a comparison it is. You said Jay never did Kanye numbers. I'm telling you he did numbers that Kanye never reached without streaming or downloads. 2007-2010 is Jay past his prime, which makes the comparison wild. It's asking when Drake surpassed Kanye in popularity. The difference is Drake and Kanye are contemporaries. Jay and Kanye are different eras. Kanye was a newer artist at the height of his popularity, he was supposed to be more popular than an artist who wasn't near as active and clearly wasn't prime. Kanye was not even a decade in at the point as solo. Jay was over a decade and more past his debut.

Chip Skylark

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
And all I'm saying is how ridiculous of a comparison it is. You said Jay never did Kanye numbers. I'm telling you he did numbers that Kanye never reached without streaming or downloads. 2007-2010 is Jay past his prime, which makes the comparison wild. It's asking when Drake surpassed Kanye in popularity. The difference is Drake and Kanye are contemporaries. Jay and Kanye are different eras. Kanye was a newer artist at the height of his popularity, he was supposed to be more popular than an artist who wasn't near as active and clearly wasn't prime. Kanye was not even a decade in at the point as solo. Jay was over a decade and more past his debut.

I get what you’re saying in regards to comparing certain points in their careers and eras.

My mind was strictly stuck on the time period when Kanye started to become more popular than Jay. Not 90s Vol 2 to LR or Graduation.

Jay technically has 3 Different careers so it’s possible to compare Ye and Jay during that time cause they were contemporaries of that period

shopthatwrecks

Certified Babble Detector Badge Number #281713
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
44 bricks...acre shaker